Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiegoElFuego

Uh Oh. XBOX version wants to update...

Recommended Posts

Horrible news. Unless anyone is reporting that this doesn't have the same bugs as the other versions!

What are the experiences?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I escaped in a car without the suicide bug. I was solo in the two seater though. Not sure if that is a factor or not.

I was hearing this odd popping sound in my headset any time I would climb through a window...not sure if it's the game or maybe just my headset. But it happened basically any time I'd interact with a window. Kinda sounds like someone snapping their fingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've heard the popping noise on both systems before patch. And it's a thing listed by the devs.

I guess I'll try a match in a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok. Today was my first time ever noticing it. But I don't play on my Xbox a whole lot lately. So I easily could have overlooked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

So far I escaped in a car without the suicide bug. I was solo in the two seater though. Not sure if that is a factor or not.

I was hearing this odd popping sound in my headset any time I would climb through a window...not sure if it's the game or maybe just my headset. But it happened basically any time I'd interact with a window. Kinda sounds like someone snapping their fingers.

You still playing, homie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm hearing the pop/crack just from people pressing start in the ready up. This is definitely different than the pop I mentioned before. That was more random, and referenced by devs previously.

Also, now in match, a lot of noises are triggering it. It's like they turned the gain up too high. SMFH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You still playing, homie?

Nah dude...sleepy. 😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Nah dude...sleepy. 😴

I get that. Maybe next time. QP is trash, as always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on xbox and I had a game where there was one survivor and the game just ended without anyone quitting. Another game I was under the bed hiding to regenerate stamina and without pressing any buttons the game decided I was done hiding and had me crawl out. I also had a game where I got stuck in the passenger seat of the 4 seater and other game where I fixed the boat motor but was unable to move away from the boat. On a positive note the game didn't dashboard on me like it did before this patch. Oh and the unicorn blood is still there at the pinehurst main house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TxJason said:

I was under the bed hiding to regenerate stamina and without pressing any buttons the game decided I was done hiding and had me crawl out.

I've had this happen a lot since the Engine Update Patch.

Let's talk about how after tonight's little patch I can no longer hear anyone. Not in the waiting rooms, not during gameplay...... Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, had to download the whole friggin game including what little they added yet again.  The last update was 8.98gb  I believe and this one was 9.05gb.  Why can't the updates just be slapped on what we already have downloaded like every other game I've ever played?  Not fun knowing each little update is going to be nearly the same size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

Yep, had to download the whole friggin game including what little they added yet again.  The last update was 8.98gb  I believe and this one was 9.05gb.  Why can't the updates just be slapped on what we already have downloaded like every other game I've ever played?  Not fun knowing each little update is going to be nearly the same size.

My only guess is that they don't really know what they are doing. I really have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I've had this happen a lot since the Engine Update Patch.

Let's talk about how after tonight's little patch I can no longer hear anyone. Not in the waiting rooms, not during gameplay...... Nothing.

That started with the upgrade, not this patch. Not sure how it didn't effect you until now u less you've been playing with a headset. That's the only way around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed on the suicide thing (escaping in the car) happening at least to me on the Xbox One version of the game...happened to me 4 times now, also game ending out of nowhere with people still alive without Jason leaving and without the host leaving, sigh so sad.  I think they are on this though for all three platforms...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RadikalGamer said:

Confirmed on the suicide thing (escaping in the car) happening at least to me on the Xbox One version of the game...happened to me 4 times now, also game ending out of nowhere with people still alive without Jason leaving and without the host leaving, sigh so sad.  I think they are on this though for all three platforms...

They are. I've only see the match ending early bug a few times, never saw the suicide bug after escaping yet or maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but it said I survived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TxJason said:

I'm on xbox and I had a game where there was one survivor and the game just ended without anyone quitting. Another game I was under the bed hiding to regenerate stamina and without pressing any buttons the game decided I was done hiding and had me crawl out. I also had a game where I got stuck in the passenger seat of the 4 seater and other game where I fixed the boat motor but was unable to move away from the boat. On a positive note the game didn't dashboard on me like it did before this patch. Oh and the unicorn blood is still there at the pinehurst main house. 

Hahahaha even the game knows when its over! Hahaha 

 

Update sounds miserable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played for 4 hours.  Had the car suicide thing happen to me and one other person in the 2 seater once.  The dashboarding thing from the press A to start screen didn't happen once.  Lost connection to host a few times.  The game always seems to slow down on the second lobby screen and on the loading screen before the intro cutscene.  The connection hangs up and sometimes gets stuck on the loading or final lobby screen and doesn't load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Confirmed on the suicide thing (escaping in the car) happening at least to me on the Xbox One version of the game...happened to me 4 times now, also game ending out of nowhere with people still alive without Jason leaving and without the host leaving, sigh so sad.  I think they are on this though for all three platforms...

I only got a few matches in last night. Other than @TxJason crashing in the first match, I didn't see any bugs. No rubberbanding, no suicides from driving the car out, no sudden match ending. Only issue was the host quitting in the first match. Cost me my badge for environment kills...

How many matches do you think you played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played like 6 games last night. 3 of the 6 games Jason broke a door in front of me and it was still there. No suicide from escaping in the car in the games I played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Played like 6 games last night. 3 of the 6 games Jason broke a door in front of me and it was still there. No suicide from escaping in the car in the games I played.

Forgot about that one. I did see that a few times, but only if he raged through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Truth said:

That started with the upgrade, not this patch. Not sure how it didn't effect you until now u less you've been playing with a headset. That's the only way around it.

It started FOR ME during this one.

Edit: Turns out it's not related to the game. At least in my case it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It started FOR ME during this one.

Damn I was up at 4 this morning?

Guess I'm bad at wording things when I'm half asleep lol

Do you usually use a headset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I've had this happen a lot since the Engine Update Patch.

Let's talk about how after tonight's little patch I can no longer hear anyone. Not in the waiting rooms, not during gameplay...... Nothing.

Ever since the May patch I haven't been able to hear anyone unless I have headphones plugged in

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Hahahaha even the game knows when its over! Hahaha 

 

Update sounds miserable.

yeah this update fixed a few things but broke even more things.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I only got a few matches in last night. Other than @TxJason crashing in the first match, I didn't see any bugs. No rubberbanding, no suicides from driving the car out, no sudden match ending. Only issue was the host quitting in the first match. Cost me my badge for environment kills...

How many matches do you think you played?

Yeah you were Jason that match and another counselor was driving the 4 seater and just decided to stop the car. He left the car but the game wouldn't let me leave the car. The game crashed on me 1 minutes later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TxJason said:

Yeah you were Jason that match and another counselor was driving the 4 seater and just decided to stop the car. He left the car but the game wouldn't let me leave the car. The game crashed on me 1 minutes later

Yeah when I finally decided to go see why the car wasn't moving there was a body under it and it was still running. I thought that was pretty funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Truth said:

Damn I was up at 4 this morning?

Guess I'm bad at wording things when I'm half asleep lol

Do you usually use a headset?

Headset on in every match I've ever played

6 hours ago, TxJason said:

Ever since the May patch I haven't been able to hear anyone unless I have headphones plugged in

 

I was wearing a headset and couldn't hear a single other person. Just started for me lastnight after I updated.

Edit: Figured things out. It's not game related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×