I loved this game. I was never a huge F13 fan. I didn’t start playing this game because of the label. My friend introduced me to it and I fell in “love” with the intense survival aspect of the game. It offered the feeling of being in another world, one in which your only goal was to stay alive. It was probably the first video game I ever spent 31 days playing, lol. And now it looks like it may be over. The Friday The 13th Game has had its ups and lots of downs. It’s had plenty of bugs and a god-awful launch. It’s developers have had some serious communication issues, and have blatenly lied to us at times. But it has always offered me a fun and enjoyable time, and I have met tons of amazing people that I believe I will stay in contact with for years. And so I ask you, and I think I speak for all of the true fans of the game, please keep the servers up and running. Keep the game alive, and keep on updating it. You may not be able to release new content, but you can change aspects of the game. Improve the perk system. Give players new ways of progressing. Keep the game interesting and alive and I promise you that true Friday The 13th fans, as well as true F13 Game fans, will continue to play this truly exceptional video game. And if you can’t, won’t, or don’t: it’s been fun. Please listen to this forum. We still have hope.

- Hugh Paul

@wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

• Like 3

I don't care if they add NO MORE new content.

If they take whats present in game and polish it/fix it.   Id be happy for the rest of this games life span.

@GunMedia_Ben     You Can DOOOOOO! IT!

This game will have fan base for a long time..Its the only real slasher/killer game there is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They may not see this thread but it's nice to see some good words being put out for once. They've had my support since the beginning and they'll have it through to the end, as both a forum staff member and a fan.

17 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

They may not see this thread but it's nice to see some good words being put out for once. They've had my support since the beginning and they'll have it through to the end, as both a forum staff member and a fan. 

Of course I find this thread AFTER sending them a message... lol

This isn't the end, they just need to tread carefully. I know they can turn this around.

Look, this new patch they released caused a lot of new almost, breaking issues. That much is certain. And it still needs to be fixed. That said, i will also be fair and say that i got my money’s worth, and this is coming from someone that bought six copies and a second PS4 for this game! I had so many nights filled with laughter, screams, and just fun hanging out with new people i met. And i HATE multiplayer games! Hahaha... this game did the impossible for me in that sense. Bugs and all! I’m devastated over the news, and can only hope something good comes later. In the meantime, i can thank them for being able to play as Jason. Run from him. Visit locations only in the movies. For now, i just hope they do what they say and still patch this thing out. All hands on deck. Just get this thing running smooth. I have a feeling they can keep me involved and even being people back if they just get it running right! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If they take whats present in game and polish it/fix it. I’d be happy for the rest of this game’s life span.

I couldn’t agree more. Fix the game and loyal fans will continue to play.

24 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Thank you for commenting. It means a lot to see that someone’s listening. Even with everything that’s happened the game has and willing always have my support as well.

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

This isn't the end, they just need to tread carefully. I know they can turn this around.

Yes. Release an update that actually fixes the problem. And for the love of god don’t add in any more bugs.

4 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Look, this new patch they released caused a lot of new almost, breaking issues. That much is certain. Patch this thing out. All hands on deck. Just get this thing running smooth. I have a feeling they can keep me involved and even being people back if they just get it running right! 

I ran out of likes but a thousand onto this post.

43 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

it's nice to see some good words being put out for once.

That's about as extreme as some of the people going off...Even the biggest dicks around here have been expressing the exact sentiment @HuDawg shared above your post.

I don't really see anyone jumping for joy over this.

I have no doubt that there are some silver linings to all this and that the devs can come out of it...Patch the game up, make it great, and the players will be there. It's a real "Field of Dreams" scenario. I truly believe that. People have always come and gone with this game, mostly because the experience is a real mixed bag. If they can fix that up, players will stick around, and now I really think they can (as long as they still want to).

Hell, if people really wanna come together and show support, we should set up a social media rally...Get people playing again! Buy extra copies for friends. Get twitch/mixer numbers back up. Show them the community won't let it die.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Hell, if people really wanna come together and show support, we should set up a social media rally...Get people playing again! Buy extra copies for friends. Get twitch/mixer numbers back up. Show them the community won't let it die.

Which is what we (as fans of the franchise in general) should be doing. Not going to war with each other over how we feel about the dev team. We need to stay strong here and show them how much we care. I don't want the game to die, I don't think you do either. I doubt anyone here does. 

Instead of being at each other's throats over this whole ordeal, we need to show our support. Us being assholes here isn't going to motivate the dev team to stick around. The only reason they would abandon the game is if we abandon them.

• Like 2

I only had this game since December and I feel like I gotten my money's worth. This game brought me back to gaming. Last time I gamed was about 7 years ago on Xbox  360. I went out and bought the game and xbox one cause of my love of Friday the 13th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

If they take whats present in game and polish it/fix it.   Id be happy for the rest of this games life span.

@GunMedia_Ben     You Can DOOOOOO! IT!

This game will have fan base for a long time..Its the only real slasher/killer game there is. 

That's you, others such as myself would get burnt out quickly, it would become a casual game I barely play, I played a year straight and am burnt out by the same content.

8 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I only had this game since December and I feel like I gotten my money's worth. This game brought me back to gaming. Last time I gamed was about 7 years ago on Xbox  360. I went out and bought the game and xbox one cause of my love of Friday the 13th.

While I've been gaming for a long time and never really stopped, I did buy 2 Xbox One consoles just to play this with different friends and guaranteed free of hacks (always wary of PC versions for that). I bought about 8 copies of the game, all said and done (myself for PC and Xbox, wife, brother, a random PS4 player here who couldn't afford it, a few giveaways on stream at launch)...My love for this franchise and this game, over the course of its creation, made me spend a lot of money. But I haven't regretted it at all. Even now. I got my money's worth with the game from a value standpoint (500+ hours for $40), met a bunch of cool new people, and even found some content that motivates me to produce videos again.

21 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which is what we (as fans of the franchise in general) should be doing. Not going to war with each other over how we feel about the dev team. We need to stay strong here and show them how much we care. I don't want the game to die, I don't think you do either. I doubt anyone here does. 

Instead of being at each other's throats over this whole ordeal, we need to show our support. Us being assholes here isn't going to motivate the dev team to stick around. The only reason they would abandon the game is if we abandon them.

You're right...Setting something up as we speak. Hopefully I can get all these people on board and we can do something cool.  

• Like 2

I gotta say the news yesterday was a big blow. That said I too really love this game, and would love it even more with far less bugs. I’m a huge fan of the F13 films so when I heard there was a game rolling out that wasn’t Nintendo’s throw rocks at Jason, which I love too. I was sold. I couldn’t afford to back it at the time but most certainly would have I was finally able to buy this past December and have played almost daily since. I’m not an online gamer, never cared for FPS or any of those. This game however I really liked the online feel. I liked the co-op with other players and the trash talking in the lobby. I truly do hope the game lives on as I love to play it. Hoping the devs show up the pessimists in whatever ways they still can and fingers crossed the lawsuit is resolved but most litigation takes ages. Here’s to the game, the devs, but most of all the Players and making online play something fun for me. 

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Even the biggest dicks around here have been expressing the exact sentiment. 

That’s true.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

I could not agree more. I just wish that the devs would take a look at some of the posts others have made around the forums. They have a lot of hate, but they also have a lot of support.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Same!

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

That's you, others such as myself would get burnt out quickly, it would become a casual game I barely play, I played a year straight and am burnt out by the same content.

Then this game is probably not for you. If new content is the only thing keeping you here then you will most definitely not be satisfied.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

But I haven't regretted it at all. Even now. I got my money's worth with the game from a value standpoint (500+ hours for $40), met a bunch of cool new people, and even found some content that motivates me to produce videos again.

That’s actually really cool. Glad to hear it.

1 hour ago, trackxvirus said:

I gotta say the news yesterday was a big blow. That said I too really love this game, and would love it even more with far less bugs. I’m a huge fan of the F13 films so when I heard there was a game rolling out that wasn’t Nintendo’s throw rocks at Jason, which I love too. I was sold. I couldn’t afford to back it at the time but most certainly would have I was finally able to buy this past December and have played almost daily since. I’m not an online gamer, never cared for FPS or any of those. This game however I really liked the online feel. I liked the co-op with other players and the trash talking in the lobby. I truly do hope the game lives on as I love to play it. Hoping the devs show up the pessimists in whatever ways they still can and fingers crossed the lawsuit is resolved but most litigation takes ages. Here’s to the game, the devs, but most of all the Players and making online play something fun for me. 

Yes! Online play was so much fun with the right people. This is the one thing I would be saddest about never seeing again. Keep those servers alive!

• Like 2