Sign in to follow this  
pilospc

Would you pay for DLC to save game

I personally would be happy to pay for the pj's dlc, and uber Jason dlc if this will help keep the game alive if this will help keeping new content coming our way than why not! They never charged a great deal of money for any past DLC anyways it was always a few dollars. I understand there is a lawsuit but from what i'v read this was an issue for the company shortly after it's release of this game and it never keep them from releasing Friday the 13th or making new content or updating the game, I am not sure when this lawsuit started myself this is just what I read on here that they knew of this shortly after it's release either way here's the question all.

WOULD YOU PAY FOR DLC AT THIS POINT TO BOTH HELP KEEP THE GAME ALIVE AND THIS MAY ALSO HELP THEM FIGHT IN COURT?  IF WORSE COMES TO WORSE WOULD YOU FURTHER BE WILLING TO OFFER A MONTHLY DONATION OF A DOLLAR OR TWO TO HELP THEM WIN THIS CASE AND TO KEEP THE GAME ALIVE? I WOULD I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE GAME. I'v met good people through this game and have put to many hours into this game just to lose it.

Moderators: I did a search for this topic i posted and couldn't find it listed in the past as iv asked so please if there is any issue with this post kindly let me know and take it down as im doing my best to respect your rules and wish not for any strikes. My intentions with this topic / post is to get feedback from the players and hope that this may give us a bigger picture as to weather there is hope in keeping this game alive and content coming thanks. 

Sure, but unfortunately it isn't about the money they can make it's about guys in suits fighting over property rights. So even if they wanted to, they can't.

Nope.  This game was already funded by fans and they still havent received some of the rewards promised to them.  Let alone a game that isnt riddled with game breaking bugs.  Giving more money at this point would be like throwing a dead fish back in the ocean.  Its not really going to do anything or will you get anything out of it.  

they (gun/ill) have zero to do with the court case at all. they can't do dlc, they can only maintain the game and fix it. There is nothing any players can do of any influence on this.

• Like 1

Even if we would, they're not allowed to release any more DLC for the time being..

2 minutes ago, MaxRenn82 said:

Sure, but unfortunately it isn't about the money they can make it's about guys in suits fighting over property rights. So even if they wanted to, they can't.

Precisely. @pilospc's original question is based on future released DLC-something they have clearly stated they cannot do until the lawsuit is resolved. The only DLC you can purchase for the foreseeable future is the DLC that has already been released.

Did you miss where it's stated that they are not allowed to release any new content for the unforeseen future?

The court case could drag through for another 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Precisely. @pilospc's original question is based on future released DLC-something they have clearly stated they cannot do until the lawsuit is resolved. The only DLC you can purchase for the foreseeable future is the DLC that has already been released.

You my homie and shit but can you show me where they say they can't release any future DLC until the lawsuit wraps up?

Cause everything I've seen just says "No new DLC in the future" and that's it.

6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You my homie and shit but can you show me where they say they can't release any future DLC until the lawsuit wraps up?

It's in the gun email that bloody disgusting released. It is confusing because that email states that they're waiting for the lawsuit to wrap up, while all the other releases just state that future DLC is cancelled, with no conditional clause about the lawsuit.

So until they make a statement either way, I'll stick with the first one I read. I wouldn't be going to bat for it otherwise :)

here's the quote, as pulled from the BD story: "As many in our community may be aware, a legal claim has been made which could affect all future Friday the 13th intellectual property. Although in the past the game has not been subject to any such claim, new content and material going forward will be affected. An initial decision in this case was expected in October 2017, but no decision has yet been issued. The court review of the legal rights is in process, but final resolution may take some time. Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released."

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It doesn't need to state that.  Welcome to America where court cases are dragged through the mud for years.  Say the court case wraps up in 3 years and Victor loses.  Well, at that point, Gun/Ill could produce further content for this game as they have licensing rights through Cunningham.  However, why would they?  This game is gonna be dead long before the case settles, either way. 

So while at some point in the future, they could release further content, who's gonna be left playing at that point?  Why would Gun/Ill come back to this project at that point when they'll obviously be doing something else?  

Hence why it just reads as no dlc in the future. 

Do the emotes, costumes and kill packs actually make them a good profit to help? I always figured it was a second thought and the game sales are what actually help them make a profit. 

5 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It's in the gun email that bloody disgusting released. It is confusing because that email states that they're waiting for the lawsuit to wrap up, while all the other releases just state that future DLC is cancelled, with no conditional clause about the lawsuit.

So until they make a statement either way, I'll stick with the first one I read. I wouldn't be going to bat for it otherwise :)

I get that but their statement on Facebook clearly states "No more DLC in the future for Friday the 13th:The Game"

So which is it?

fvfklz.jpg

Just now, Brogan322 said:

Do the emotes, costumes and kill packs actually make them a good profit to help? I always figured it was a second thought and the game sales are what actually help them make a profit. 

How many people do you actually think are buying the game say last week?  

DLC is where the money is at once you get passed initial release/holiday sales.  

Now with where the state of the game is today, who will be buying this game from here until they turn the lights out?  I know that myself as an informed consumer wouldn't purchase a product that's the Titanic and just hit the iceberg. 

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I get that but their statement on Facebook clearly states "No more DLC in the future for Friday the 13th:The Game"

So which is it?

fvfklz.jpg

And the release they linked in that tweet is the same release that quotes saying they have to wait for the lawsuit to be resolved!

It's an Ouroboros!

Just now, SirMang said:

How many people do you actually think are buying the game say last week?  

DLC is where the money is at once you get passed initial release/holiday sales.  

Now with where the state of the game is today, who will be buying this game from here until they turn the lights out?  I know that myself as an informed consumer wouldn't purchase a product that's the Titanic and just hit the iceberg. 

I mean if they are fix the bugs they could actually bring in new players because I know lots of people resisted buying the game due to reviews or what they seen or heard. I see so many people in streams talk about how they would love to buy the game if it was actually fixed and I honestly believe they could make more money if they actually got rid of the bugs. I'm not saying the bugs are gonna be fixed but if they did the game wouldn't have such a bad reputation anymore. 

Jason is patient.  He will be back.  In the meantime, as well as fixing bugs, it would be awesome if they could release another horror franchise game with the same basic elements while we wait.  A Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Halloween, Nightmare on  Elm Street game anyone?  Just dreaming out loud...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I mean if they are fix the bugs they could actually bring in new players because I know lots of people resisted buying the game due to reviews or what they seen or heard. I see so many people in streams talk about how they would love to buy the game if it was actually fixed and I honestly believe they could make more money if they actually got rid of the bugs. I'm not saying the bugs are gonna be fixed but if they did the game wouldn't have such a bad reputation anymore. 

But again at this point, everyone who plays the game or was thinking of buying the game if they ever fixed the bugs, know that the game is for all intents and purposes dead.  So even if they fixed all the bugs, which I don't see why any company would sink any more time or resources into a dead product, who would fork over money to buy something that at any point could be taken completely offline? 

Calling it dead is a kneejerk reaction at this point imo.  It could possibly be, but no reason to give up hope just yet.  Claiming it is dead will only do more harm as we don't know when the ruling will come through, or if they may settle out of court.  Just the waiting now.

15 minutes ago, MaxRenn82 said:

Jason is patient.  He will be back.  In the meantime, as well as fixing bugs, it would be awesome if they could release another horror franchise game with the same basic elements while we wait.  A Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Halloween, Nightmare on  Elm Street game anyone?  Just dreaming out loud...

I and many others don't want these guys going near another horror franchise. 

1 minute ago, MaxRenn82 said:

Calling it dead is a kneejerk reaction at this point imo.  It could possibly be, but no reason to give up hope just yet.  Claiming it is dead will only do more harm as we don't know when the ruling will come through, or if they may settle out of court.  Just the waiting now.

This has been in the courts now since August 2016 when the initial filings were done in a federal court in Connecticut.  

At this point, I'm curious why Gun and Illfonic even decided to go ahead with this project, to be honest.  As the game could have been left dead in the water by court proceedings before it was ever even released. 

The funny part to me is this article and the quote therewithin by Horror Inc lawyer Robert Wyman, “the Victor Miller claim does not impact the current game being distributed by Gun Media now or in the future.”

https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-lawsuit-new-game/ 

Something obviously changed since 11 months ago. 

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

This has been in the courts now since August 2016 when the initial filings were done in a federal court in Connecticut.  

At this point, I'm curious why Gun and Illfonic even decided to go ahead with this project, to be honest.  As the game could have been left dead in the water by court proceedings before it was ever even released. 

The funny part to me is this article and the quote therewithin by Horror Inc lawyer Robert Wyman, “the Victor Miller claim does not impact the current game being distributed by Gun Media now or in the future.”

https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-lawsuit-new-game/ 

Something obviously changed since 11 months ago. 

More failed patches. More disgruntled customers. More complaints about the developers. These are the things that changed.