Sign in to follow this  
pilospc

Would you pay for DLC to save game

While you are correct that the game isn't dead, let's be honest. This no new content whatever the cause is likely a blow that won't be recovered from. The only way it's not a fatal blow is if the lawsuit ends quickly, and in Cunningham's favor. If they manage the needed bug fixes, and get up dedicated servers it'll make it a while. Even with those things, without new content I believe the game will likely be dead by the end of the year.

39 minutes ago, MaxRenn82 said:

Calling it dead is a kneejerk reaction at this point imo.  It could possibly be, but no reason to give up hope just yet.  Claiming it is dead will only do more harm as we don't know when the ruling will come through, or if they may settle out of court.  Just the waiting now.

I know what you mean, but it's only dead when we leave it behind.  As a lifelong fan of the franchise I'll be going down with the ship personally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering they aren't allowed to sell any new dlc content the more appropriate question is: would you be willing to pay a monthly subscription fee to keep the servers on? I'm pretty sure the majority of people around here would say no.

This is kind of off-topic, but..:

Canceled content includes “Uber Jason,” the Grendel Map, new cosmetics and new counselors. 

(If someone pointed this out, sorry) Don't expect a Crystal Lake clothing pack until this lawsuit is over.. :(

But yes, even if my parents say no (lol).

3 hours ago, pilospc said:

WOULD YOU PAY FOR DLC AT THIS POINT TO BOTH HELP KEEP THE GAME ALIVE AND THIS MAY ALSO HELP THEM FIGHT IN COURT? 

Lol...dude.

No. I mean you're not asking seriously are you? 

Here's the big deal i'v been struggling with since all of this come out first of all the company knew they were facing this lawsuit since 2016 I do believe with the  potential to lose rights and I as well as the majority of players never had any clue there was any court issue's this court matter should have always been communicated to all buyers prior to them selling it with a warning that had to be agreed upon prior to purchase for example

"beware there is a potential that we may not be able to continue to provide future dlc, content, Jason's, maps etc if this copyright case that's been filed against us prior to the games release goes against us at that time we will maintain the servers as best we can but no new content will be submitted do you still wish to buy this game?" 

Further it's in my opinion that most the counselors they can pass off as their own creations there was never a time where they said their own counselors were from the movies they just implied them as similar they even have their own names different from the movie characters therefore why can't they continue to update their clothing and dlc's?, aside from the obvious like Shelly, Fox etc why can't they make new maps unrelated to the movies?, why can't they add new kills to the Jason's who are already there? 

I hate to say it but I honestly feel one we weren't told the truth from the beginning for I just know found this lawsuit out today and further it seems like It's a cop out on their part to me a way to just give up because they couldn't take the pressure from the fans as far as adding new content and bug fix's. I get that they can't add more Jason's, I get they can't do any more maps from the movies, I get they can't use any movie actors from the movies as counselors yet again they can make their own future counselors and still provide more clothing dlc such as the pajama dlc for the other counselors that have nothing to do with the lawsuit. Heck even Shelly from the game and the movie is a copyright lawyer why isn't he able to help here with this situation? Lots of questions at the end of the day I feel screwed and very upset.

Lastly even if the game run as smooth as melted butter without no new content it's just going to get downright boring completely boring with nothing new to do or see and no hope for anything new if this don't turn around with at least content for items, characters, clothing and maps non related to the movies this game is for sure dead the players will play it less and less until it gets to the day you have to wait hrs for a full room if lucky by then nobody will play and it's game over.

I just rewatched the leaked kills for Uber Jason on YouTube, talk about depressing, they are awesome ?

45 minutes ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Lol...dude.

No. I mean you're not asking seriously are you? 

Yeah it costs money to fight in court and it costs money to provide dedicated servers even just keeping the servers they have now active is a cost so yeah i'm seriously asking I'm desperate to save the game. I love the game and made many friends from playing it I don't want that all to just end further I suffer from PTSD and this game helps me cope. 

I would not give gun or illfonic another cent. They ignored the outcries of half of their customers and released 30 new emotes whilst breaking the game further. Sorry gun, but you spit in my face again and now I don't give a shit about you. I don't want to see the game go under, but if it does, my biggest regret is that it went under because of this lawsuit instead of because of what gun allowed this game to become. You favored the people that will ditch your game the second the next shiny flashy pretty thing comes out and shunned the diehards who love the franchise and I hope your whole crew spends the rest of your lives working in call centers.

*middle finger emote*

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pilospc said:

I personally would be happy to pay for the pj's dlc, and uber Jason dlc if this will help keep the game alive if this will help keeping new content coming our way than why not! They never charged a great deal of money for any past DLC anyways it was always a few dollars. I understand there is a lawsuit but from what i'v read this was an issue for the company shortly after it's release of this game and it never keep them from releasing Friday the 13th or making new content or updating the game, I am not sure when this lawsuit started myself this is just what I read on here that they knew of this shortly after it's release either way here's the question all.

WOULD YOU PAY FOR DLC AT THIS POINT TO BOTH HELP KEEP THE GAME ALIVE AND THIS MAY ALSO HELP THEM FIGHT IN COURT?  IF WORSE COMES TO WORSE WOULD YOU FURTHER BE WILLING TO OFFER A MONTHLY DONATION OF A DOLLAR OR TWO TO HELP THEM WIN THIS CASE AND TO KEEP THE GAME ALIVE? I WOULD I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE GAME. I'v met good people through this game and have put to many hours into this game just to lose it.

Moderators: I did a search for this topic i posted and couldn't find it listed in the past as iv asked so please if there is any issue with this post kindly let me know and take it down as im doing my best to respect your rules and wish not for any strikes. My intentions with this topic / post is to get feedback from the players and hope that this may give us a bigger picture as to weather there is hope in keeping this game alive and content coming thanks. 

Let me put this into simple terms so you can understand .... they are NOT releasing any more NEW content period... stupid pajamas is New Content... do you understand basic reading comprehension?

Assuming they actually ever come out with any again, sure. Not sure that'll be happening though.

6 hours ago, pilospc said:

Here's the big deal i'v been struggling with since all of this come out first of all the company knew they were facing this lawsuit since 2016 I do believe with the  potential to lose rights and I as well as the majority of players never had any clue there was any court issue's this court matter should have always been communicated to all buyers prior to them selling it with a warning that had to be agreed upon prior to purchase for example

Further it's in my opinion that most the counselors they can pass off as their own creations there was never a time where they said their own counselors were from the movies they just implied them as similar they even have their own names different from the movie characters therefore why can't they continue to update their clothing and dlc's?, aside from the obvious like Shelly, Fox etc why can't they make new maps unrelated to the movies?, why can't they add new kills to the Jason's who are already there? 

I hate to say it but I honestly feel one we weren't told the truth from the beginning for I just know found this lawsuit out today and further it seems like It's a cop out on their part to me a way to just give up because they couldn't take the pressure from the fans as far as adding new content and bug fix's. I get that they can't add more Jason's, I get they can't do any more maps from the movies, I get they can't use any movie actors from the movies as counselors yet again they can make their own future counselors and still provide more clothing dlc such as the pajama dlc for the other counselors that have nothing to do with the lawsuit. 

The whole thing, whether they release a playable white tiger wearing an eye patch as a new counselor or some character from the movie, it's is all being published under the friday the 13th brand - somebody owns it, which of course is what this legal shit fest is about. Honestly do you really think gun are making the decisions here. Its instructions from the companies lawyers covering the franchise. No more content or face a potential bitch slap. 

56 minutes ago, kohagan said:

The whole thing, whether they release a playable white tiger wearing an eye patch as a new counselor or some character from the movie, it's is all being published under the friday the 13th brand - somebody owns it, which of course is what this legal shit fest is about. Honestly do you really think gun are making the decisions here. Its instructions from the companies lawyers covering the franchise. No more content or face a potential bitch slap. 

So if this is the case I stand corrected but I don't see how they can stop them from adding content that's unrelated to the game i mean from the films.

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

Let me put this into simple terms so you can understand .... they are NOT releasing any more NEW content period... stupid pajamas is New Content... do you understand basic reading comprehension?

Yo you have no reason to be insulting ok none at all u look like a jerk being like this don't discourage people from trying to understand, don't put people down as if they are stupid either.

14 hours ago, SirMang said:

But again at this point, everyone who plays the game or was thinking of buying the game if they ever fixed the bugs, know that the game is for all intents and purposes dead.  So even if they fixed all the bugs, which I don't see why any company would sink any more time or resources into a dead product, who would fork over money to buy something that at any point could be taken completely offline? 

If you play MMO games you're always taking a risk with buying a subscription or DLC. Also the DLC people actually wanted from this game was free with that being Retro Jason, Jarvis map, Jason Part 4, Mitch, Fox, Shelly, Pinehurst, Jason Part 5 and Victoria. The DLC released  to buy really is not necessary to have and I know lots of people who didn't buy them, so I hardly see them relying on the emotes, clothes and kill packs over buying the game itself to make them a profit. I guess though this is something we're gonna have to agree to disagree with. 

• Like 1

I'm sure the devs are thrilled about this lawsuit. Perfect excuse stopping to have to make new content.

Its 1 year after release, there should have been all content planned released by now already to keep the game viable and players interested. But the team dropped the ball. After a very successul launch with more sales than expected, they have have hired outside help to pump out content and fix issues....but they didn't. Instead, chose to keep the small team resulting in being overwhelmed and couldn' handle it. 

A content update every month is pretty much a given in today's gaming market, especially a multiplayer only game with such little content to start. Could have done every other month at least, with paid DLC in between with kill packs/clothing DLC to keep players coming back. Sad, as this is still one of my favorite games ever. Just the potential to do so much more is there.