Alien_Number_Six

Thank you from Number Six

Since Friday will no longer be getting new content. I would just like to thank everyone at GunMedia, IllFonic and everyone who backed the game. 

I can honestly say that this was one of the best experiences I ever had with a video game. Especially a multiplayer one. That is very high praise from someone who has been playing video games from the age of three years old and generally can't stand online multiplayer games. The environments, the characters, the Jasons are all so authentic and the gameplay was so fun. Thank you so much for all the great content. 

In a lot of ways this game took me back to my childhood.  I was born in 1978 and I grew up with the Friday the 13th series. I was actually the cool kid at school because my awesome parents let me watch awesome films. I would tell the kids at school the gruesome details of Jason Voorhees' adventures and they would wish their mom and dad were awesome enough to let them watch those scary movies. Last May I was driving to work with the classic 80's music station blasting tunes dialed to eleven down the dark and lonely highway 195 near Austin Texas. I put quite a lot of time in at work you see. And for a solid year when I had time to play Friday the 13th was the game I chose to play. 

Thank you to all the wonderful people here on the fourms who I played with and argued with and agreed with. You guys helped me pass the time on my long and boring security shifts. And when we play together it's a ton of fun. 

And lastly I want to thank @ShiftySamurai for being the community manager here on the fourms. Thanks for putting up with us and our many gripes. And @wes I think I speak for everyone when I say that I want you to keep your promise to update the game and polish it up and get us console players those dedicated servers. That's all I really ever wanted from the game at this point anyway. 

Jason Ayotte aka Alien Number Six

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve never played a multiplayer game so much in my life ..I’m 33 and i own GTA and I’m an crazy Mortal Kombat fan..CRAZY....the hours I put into this game learning how to beat Jason players has been fun. When this game released last year my family and I went on a vacation and I brought this game with me so I could unlock all of the outfits ...lol which I did .

Thank you guys so much for this game that I have been so passionate about ...It’s been part of my daily life to the point of me sitting on forums arguing with people I don’t  know about video game mechanics..It’s been amazing and I’m honestly kinda sad over this...I’ve never had anything like this happen to me with a video game that i’ve Liked so much . Thanks for the experience and I hope 1 dev can read this message to help them realize how much this game meant to a lot  of us .

In the spirit of the thread, thank you everyone who worked on or backed Friday.

This game made me want to play games again, for that I'm thankful. It's lead to my son being obsessed with all things Jason so the next generation of fans will be waiting. 

I still think we can Save Crystal Lake, but if not thank you forum members. Hopefully this will pass and we'll all make fun of our sappy messages.

Agreed. This game is a big part of my life. I absolutely love this game. Even with all the bugs and BS I can never forget all positives and amazing experiences I had, and the people I’ve met.

I’ll be playing this game till the last server shuts down

I never played one multiplayer game that much like I did with this game I remember when I saw the world reveal gameplay and I was so excited. Then time passed and in May 28th I finally buyed the game. Since then I didn't lose my track. On June 24th the servers died for a little while and I started searching the problem and I found the forums, since then I posted everyday. I meet so much people.... And now all of a sudden this is the end with a single warning. Thanks Gun Media and IIIFonic for making this problems, I had such good moments with your game and and I can proudly say that I buyed from launch Friday the 13th The Game and I stayed even with all his problems.

I just wanna say thank you, forums members and devs, it was such a fun time this past year and this one. I won't say goodbye, since we don't know what the court will do. But it's probably gonna end the way Victor wants. I hope if he wins, that ungrateful, selfish motherfucker take the money he wants and leave from once and let Jason rest in peace. But yeah, thanks @wes and all your team for making this possible, thanks @ShiftySamurai for having to deal with haters and trolls and keep going. And lastly, thanks to all backers, I didn't have the chance to support the game back then, but even knowing all the shit it was going to happen I would have backed it anyway.

Good stuff @Alien_Number_Six , I gotta say I agree. Probably why we got along so well the few games we played, very similar back stories. Big fan here too, saw the first two at a drive-in. And every other one when they came out in the theater, no matter how shitty the trailer looked. This game was a dream come true for guys like us. Met so many cool people playing this game, it would be unfair to name them for fear of leaving some out. You know who you are! Many days and night, hours upon hours killing each other. Lol! So much fun, this was my first online multiplayer game. I'm a bookworm, spent most of my nights reading before this game came out. Didn't know if I would like the online aspect, but it was Friday the 13th so of course I was all in. Even if the game does die out, I made a few music videos with the game play footage. And I have a BUNCH of footage yet to use, I'm also a child of the time when MTV showed music videos so I like to make my own. So that's something good to take away from this. But, the times we all shared laughing and having fun will be what I cherish the most. Being able to stalk the camp, and also to try to escape Jason was the best. I definitely appreciate this game on so many levels, and I also would like to thank everyone involved in it's creation. But mostly I would like to thank all my friends I made through this game, especially the guys like you who were so cool to me and my daughter. Like I said I don't want to start tagging because there are just too many to do that. You know who you are, most of all I want to thank all you ladies and gentlemen for being great friends!

Loved since it became available for download on ps4. It is a franchise I have always enjoyed this game seemed like the one part missing like the cherry on top. I hope it lives and if it dont the only person I truly want to thank is @Kodiak for my 1 restriction point I earned for losing my shit once even if it dies I met some really chill people and I have enjoyed their company. After I had a crazy reconstructive knee surgery I was couch ridden for a month not allowed to stand this game kept me entertained that entire month. So the franchise and game rock, the handling of it has been piss poor 3 out of 5 ?   will definetley play again thanks ?

• Like 1

I've spent so many hours on this game since the first few days of release (when I literally couldn't get past the main menu and into a game because of the database login failures). I've met so many great people that I play with regularly, and I've definitely gotten the value out of the game. As someone who wasn't really into Dead by Daylight, but bought it begrudgingly, Friday the 13th was a game that I truly enjoyed and could go back to time and time again, unlike other asymmetrical horror games. I kept playing. I may not have been as active, but I kept playing when I wanted to revisit it. I love the game, despite it's glaring flaws, and I hope that the developer team loves this game as much as I do and fights to keep it going.

Don't give up. Don't let the legal issues dissuade you from pushing to keep this game alive after everything that you've done. The game has so much more potential and I would hate to see it fall apart like this.

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I've spent so many hours on this game since the first few days of release (when I literally couldn't get past the main menu and into a game because of the database login failures). I've met so many great people that I play with regularly, and I've definitely gotten the value out of the game. As someone who wasn't really into Dead by Daylight, but bought it begrudgingly, Friday the 13th was a game that I truly enjoyed and could go back to time and time again, unlike other asymmetrical horror games. I kept playing. I may not have been as active, but I kept playing when I wanted to revisit it. I love the game, despite it's glaring flaws, and I hope that the developer team loves this game as much as I do and fights to keep it going.

Don't give up. Don't let the legal issues dissuade you from pushing to keep this game alive after everything that you've done. The game has so much more potential and I would hate to see it fall apart like this.

This

I don't want to believe the game is dead now. Like everyone here, one of my best game ever. The only multiplayer game I ever play. It was a dream come true for all slasher fans and maybe there are a lot of issues to fix, but the mechanics are a very great job to make a very good balanced asymmetric game.

Of course, a lot of people, me included, talk more often of issues and complaint but that doesn't mean we thought the game was bad, it's the opposite. I've some hours of capture in vidéo for remember the experience. It's mosty one of a funniest game ever, each party is a new original story, a infinity of situation and I hope I will know some new in the future of this game.

Just hope we can fix biggest bug and servers will stay alive for a long time yet. Hope also to see more new players who will die first and come back as really useless Jarvis.

• Sad 1

To be honest if this game dies, really dies, it's not one I'll ever uninstall just for the single player experience alone. I will always enjoy jumping in once and while to slaughter some counselors because it really does feel like a true to its roots experience and it's been pretty faithfully recreated. 

I really think that this game has been more Gun's baby and I think Illfonic just wasn't up to task. It's a shame.

I will also add that I really do believe that this game, with all of its flaws, brought something to the gaming world that will have a lasting impact. 

I hope hope hope they can deliver some final patches that will make the game local and FFS let us hear each Jason's music when using that Jason. If the game shuts down and we've got a local only game then we'll never hear all the different tracks again. 

I used to post here quite a bit, but after this past January or so, I kind of stopped coming here and I stopped playing the game as often as I used to.

I used to play nearly every day, but now I only play maybe 2 times a week for an hour at a time.  I'm only a level 73.  I regret not playing as much.

I think we can still save the game somehow.  The lawsuit hasn't been settled yet.  We need the developers to fight for this game.

I loved this game. I was never a huge F13 fan. I didnt start playing this game because of the label. My friend introduced me to it and I fell in “love” with the intense survival aspect of the game. It offered the feeling of being in another world, one in which your only goal was to stay alive. It was probably the first video game I ever spent 31 days playing, lol. And now it looks like it may be over. The Friday The 13th Game has had its ups and lots of downs. It’s had plenty of bugs and a god-awful launch. It’s developers have had some serious communication issues, and have blatenly lied to us at times. But it has always offered me a fun and enjoyable time, and I have met tons of amazing people that I believe I will stay in contact with for years. And so I ask you, and I think I speak for all of the true fans of the game, please keep the servers up and running. Keep the game alive, and keep on updating it. You may not be able to release new content, but you can change aspects of the game. Improve the perk system. Give players new ways of unlocking their progression. Keep the game interesting and alive and I promise you that true Friday The 13th fans, as well as true F13 Game fans, will continue to play this truly exceptional video game. And if you can’t, won’t, or don’t: it’s been fun. Please listen to this forum. We still have hope.

-Hugh

@wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

You are not a number. You are a free man!