Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mawlock said:

Did I send you a pm earlier? I have been sending them out.

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mawlock said:

In the original, Ed Harley was forced to commit suicide in order to kill pumpkinhead, as pumpkinhead's soul was bound to his.

So, yeah, no kill state whatsoever.

Bingo, that's the goal. The monster is terrifying, you WILL die, or you will escape, or you'll evade. You don't get anything else. No "defeating the monster".

The person who summoned Pumpkinhead wants you all dead.

tumblr_ndrk1rtlMV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I would be happy with basically everything in F13 here but replacing Jason with Pumpkinhead. At most, you could get a "stunning tool" from Pumpkinhead's spawn area that works ONE time like the sweater (the charm from part 2?) but no kill options.

Pumpkinhead would also mainly have colored skins and perhaps a set of skill loadouts you could go with akin to choosing the Jason. Make more by-hand kills available as you climb ranks. It helps Pumpkinhead is smart and knows how to use weapons if he so chooses, like how he killed the dude with his gun. In fact he loves a good ironic death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daneasaur Please start your own thread and quit derailing mine. I'm not saying your idea isn't smart or enjoyable.......... but I am saying it isn't relevant to this particular topic. Client Side Saving is important and this thread is solely for trying to get answers about it being implemented into F13:TG before it's inevitable demise. Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's Pumpkinhead got to do with this thread? That is indeed off-topic, maybe take it to the all things horror section instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

@Daneasaur Please start your own thread and quit derailing mine. I'm not saying your idea isn't smart or enjoyable.......... but I am saying it isn't relevant to this particular topic. Client Side Saving is important and this thread is solely for trying to get answers about it being implemented into F13:TG before it's inevitable demise. Thanks.

Because it seems more are still more concerened with Uber than something that means so much more for the community as a whole. Some of us are still waiting for the answer to your question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

@Daneasaur Please start your own thread and quit derailing mine. I'm not saying your idea isn't smart or enjoyable.......... but I am saying it isn't relevant to this particular topic. Client Side Saving is important and this thread is solely for trying to get answers about it being implemented into F13:TG before it's inevitable demise. Thanks.

I replied to something someone said in the thread of a specific topic. I'll drop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Because it seems more are still more concerened with Uber than something that means so much more for the community as a whole. Some of us are still waiting for the answer to your question.

I don't think a good portion of people even realize how important this is to having a playable game once servers go down. Without it, everything we have is gone except Parts 3 & 6. No extra kills. None of the other Jasons. Nothing that will make this game anything more than a crappy demo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I don't think a good portion of people even realize how important this is to having a playable game once servers go down. Without it, everything we have is gone except Parts 3 & 6. No extra kills. None of the other Jasons. Nothing that will make this game anything more than a crappy demo.

Exactly, and if it is left in this state, it will make the original playable demo for Metal Gear Solid on PS1 feel like a complete game compared to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This still hasn't been answered?

 @ShiftySamurai Can you answer this question please?

We all really want to know if you guys are going to implement client side saves into the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I replied to something someone said in the thread of a specific topic. I'll drop it.

Thank you. You are welcome to join in on this specific topic, which is about Client Side Saving. Right now, it's probably the single most important active thread on this forum. We ALL need Client Side Saving.

We don't all need Uber, Grendel, more weapons, DLC...........We all want them. There is a huge difference.

And anything not related to the F13 franchise will not be added, and never would have been, so no point in discussing it here. Create a thread on All Things Horror to discuss such things.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Thank you. You are welcome to join in on this specific topic, which is about Client Side Saving. Right now, it's probably the single most important active thread on this forum. We ALL need Client Side Saving.

We don't all need Uber, Grendel, more weapons, DLC...........We all want them. There is a huge difference.

And anything not related to the F13 franchise will not be added, and never would have been, so no point in discussing it here. Create a thread on All Things Horror to discuss such things.

No I agree, if we got Uber and don't get this, it's all for nothing and the game has a time limit and needs to check online before you can do anything at all, which goes more boobs up than usual if you ever want to play single player (which is oddly what I got the game for).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Exactly, and if it is left in this state, it will make the original playable demo for Metal Gear Solid on PS1 feel like a complete game compared to this.

Exactly

17 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

This still hasn't been answered?

 @ShiftySamurai Can you answer this question please?

We all really want to know if you guys are going to implement client side saves into the game.

Speculated reasons why it's not answered.......

1) Gun Media's track record for releasing info or answering questions is horrible.

2) I started this thread and Dan (Shifty) doesn't pay attention to "troublemakers".

3) It's Sunday so they aren't working today.

4) The more you want it, the less likely it'll happen.

But seriously..........Dan is the only one of them that has even looked at this thread so far and his only contribution was to correct me when I called it "Localization". That tells me how important this is to them but I'm willing to see this thread thru until some kind of answer is given.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Exactly

Speculated reasons why it's not answered.......

1) Gun Media's track record for releasing info or answering questions is horrible.

2) I started this thread and Dan (Shifty) doesn't pay attention to "troublemakers".

3) It's Sunday so they aren't working today.

4) The more you want it, the less likely it'll happen.

But seriously..........Dan is the only one of them that has even looked at this thread so far and his only contribution was to correct me when I called it "Localization". That tells me how important this is to them but I'm willing to see this thread thru until some kind of answer is given.

If it is too hard for them to do, they can just drop level requirements to 0 for everything.   They probably don't want to though.  It would cost a little to have someone input that.  Like a whole half hour.  Too much.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was saving to their servers even made in the 1st place? Was it bc the game was only online in the beginning? Even though single player was announced before launch, it seems like a very stupid decision to me, this isn't an MMO after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

Why was saving to their servers even made in the 1st place? Was it bc the game was only online in the beginning? Even though single player was announced before launch, it seems like a very stupid decision to me, this isn't an MMO after all

Pure conjecture but I imagine it was baked into the system for the anti-cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

Why was saving to their servers even made in the 1st place? Was it bc the game was only online in the beginning? Even though single player was announced before launch, it seems like a very stupid decision to me, this isn't an MMO after all

Because a client side save is supposedly less secure and more easily hackable.  But, players are gonna find a way to hack anything if they really want to so whatever.  It's not like the current game hasn't been hacked multiple times.  Oh, yeah it has.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the info I got, Server Side Saving was decided on to help prevent XP, CP and Level hacking. 

Unfortunately, these things still occurred on PC and currently can't happen on consoles because no one has really opened up the Xbox One/PS4 to a place where game data can be dumped. Some small advances have been made but nothing like the old days of the original Xbox mods or PSP hacking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

From the info I got, Server Side Saving was decided on to help prevent XP, CP and Level hacking. 

Unfortunately, these things still occurred on PC and currently can't happen on consoles because no one has really opened up the Xbox One/PS4 to a place where game data can be dumped. Some small advanced have been made but nothing like the old days of the original Xbox mods or PSP hacking.

They should let me hack for CP. They wont fix it where I can buy 30 perks, so if it can be hacked who cares.

I am surprised this thread hasnt been locked or deleted yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I am surprised this thread hasnt been locked or deleted yet. 

Why would it be?

Nothing in here has broken any rules (except people trying to derail it) and it's relevant to the game and the current situation surrounding the game. It's mostly stayed reasonable and straightforward without having a lot of attitude thrown around. Unless they are gonna lock it or delete it solely because I started the thread........ there's absolutely no reason to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

From the info I got, Server Side Saving was decided on to help prevent XP, CP and Level hacking. 

Unfortunately, these things still occurred on PC and currently can't happen on consoles because no one has really opened up the Xbox One/PS4 to a place where game data can be dumped. Some small advances have been made but nothing like the old days of the original Xbox mods or PSP hacking.

honestly as long as theres no god mode or flying or anything of that nature im fine with it, if people wanna hack their level or cp why would i care? alot of the gta 5 ppl who got modded accounts said that with nothing to work for they are bored, so the same applies here, honestly i only hop on bc i still have things to work towards getting, this just screws over the legit players especially if its not addressed before the severs go off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I don't think a good portion of people even realize how important this is to having a playable game once servers go down. Without it, everything we have is gone except Parts 3 & 6. No extra kills. None of the other Jasons. Nothing that will make this game anything more than a crappy demo.

I totally agree with you and it's irritating to see that this thread keeps getting derailed.  My opinion on it?  It isn't going to happen.  I do not see them taking the time to do this for us.  I mean do you disagree @BrokenFattHardy?

 

15 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I am surprised this thread hasnt been locked or deleted yet.

Mainly because it isn't my thread.  Just an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

honestly as long as theres no god mode or flying or anything of that nature im fine with it, if people wanna hack their level or cp why would i care? alot of the gta 5 ppl who got modded accounts said that with nothing to work for they are bored, so the same applies here, honestly i only hop on bc i still have things to work towards getting, this just screws over the legit players especially if its not addressed before the severs go off

You may not care about XP, CP or Level hacking but others do. Collective opinions count when it comes to gaming, not just one. Not getting a Client Side Save will screw players but allowing hackers to unlock everything, from Day 1, with a few keystrokes as apposed to working for it like everyone else also screws people over.

 

 

Edit: @RadikalGamer I think if Gun Media told us what I believe is the truth, they would say they have no intention of doing anything more than they've stated already. This move would support my opinion that GM cares about the game but not the players. With that said........If Gun Media wants to redeem themselves at all, they will move to make this a reality. Client Side Saving will literally give this game replay value, where right now it has none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You may not care about XP, CP or Level hacking but others do. Collective opinions count when it comes to gaming, not just one. Not getting a Client Side Save will screw players but allowing hackers to unlock everything, from Day 1, with a few keystrokes as apposed to working for it like everyone else also screws people over.

im not sayin my opinion is all that matters, i understand some people dont like seein "end game" content that wasnt earned, what i am sayin is its better to take that risk then screw over the majority of players who would not do this, with bans to those caught, they need to patch a client save in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Client Side Saving will literally give this game replay value, where right now it has none.

Totally Agree.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...