Just now, TheRaven said:

This is why they should have added offline bots mode for Jason and counselors, now when the servers officially die perks, counselor clothes and counselors become useless.

Actually, maybe not. I believe they stated that the new AI allowed the bots to use the perks that you've assigned to each counselor. (See that @Nickypoolicious. Spelled it right this time 🤣)

2 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

This is why they should have added offline bots mode for Jason and counselors, now when the servers officially die perks, counselor clothes and counselors become useless.

I don't think the game is going to die as soon as people thing it will.  As for a Jason bot to play in offline mode as a counselor, that will take some time for them to craft up, and even then they may not be able to because it'd be new content technically.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Actually, maybe not. I believe they stated that the new AI allowed the bots to use the perks that you've assigned to each counselor. (See that @Nickypoolicious. Spelled it right this time 🤣)

I never heard anything about the bots being equipped with the perks that are on the counselors we use. All I took from bots having perks is just them being equipped with random perks, and pocket knives. We don’t even have the options of using clothing packs on them, which would spice up replay ability as well.

5 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

I don't think the game is going to die as soon as people thing it will.  As for a Jason bot to play in offline mode as a counselor, that will take some time for them to craft up, and even then they may not be able to because it'd be new content technically.

They've already stated creating the AI for Jason would be far to difficult (and from what they've delivered so far, let's all choose to believe them).

Nobody expects it to die tomorrow or even in the next 90 days, but 12 to 18 months..........it's probably gonna be "Bye Bye Online Multiplayer"

Edit: @TheRaven You could be right. Maybe it is random perks but they still aren't totally useless. You take what you can get, right? They can't add anything else to the game and tbh, it doesn't really look like they are interested in trying. Other than Shifty name one person on the team that's been in the forums to talk to us? Not even about content or the lawsuit cause they aren't in a position to discuss that stuff, but just name one. Wes ain't posted since Monday. Ben almost never posts. Shit..... Even the mods have been unusually inactive.

I would be cool with them adding boats to offline bots, and allowing us to use our customized counselors as well(perks and attire) Not to mention the fact that the bots currently run around with a propeller they picked up, but no boat to put it on. I don’t see how this would be adding any outside content to the game, just having more customization options for offline bots.

is this feasible? @ShiftySamurai

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

They've already stated creating the AI for Jason would be far to difficult (and from what they've delivered so far, let's all choose to believe them).

Nobody expects it to die tomorrow or even in the next 90 days, but 12 to 18 months..........it's probably gonna be "Bye Bye Online Multiplayer"

I really hope that doesn't happen, we all love this game. I mean I don't think I have played a game that I've truly enjoyed multiplayer on since Goldeneye back on Nintendo 64, and this is up there for me in terms of enjoyability. If they spend the time wisely and get all the major bugs and glitches fixed during this period, then it could gain traction again through word of mouth that the game is fun. At this point, I don't even know if I want dedicated server as that could come with a whole mess of problems if those go live, but at least just get the major bugs and glitches patched up and I'll be a happy camper (pun intended).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

I really hope that doesn't happen, we all love this game. I mean I don't think I have played a game that I've truly enjoyed multiplayer on since Goldeneye back on Nintendo 64, and this is up there for me in terms of enjoyability. If they spend the time wisely and get all the major bugs and glitches fixed during this period, then it could gain traction again through word of mouth that the game is fun. At this point, I don't even know if I want dedicated server as that could come with a whole mess of problems if those go live, but at least just get the major bugs and glitches patched up and I'll be a happy camper (pun intended).

You are right, we all do love this game, but it's not a question of "if they go down" its a matter of "WHEN they go down" cause they will eventually.

Our account data should be ours. We paid for the content and we worked our thumbs to the bone earning it all. It should be saved to our machines, not theirs. Especially in the unsure state of development & continued support. Most of us have stuck with this team for the whole ride and the ones, like myself, who seem jaded have every right to be that way. Just like the ones who aren't deserve to keep having faith in them.

They aren't adding anything else cause they can't. Even tweeking the stuff we already have is very questionable right now........and the longer it stays that way, the more likely it is that the MMO portion of the game will die and SPC and Offline Bots will be what we are left with.

#SaveOurDataLocally

• Like 1

No new content.

No dedicated servers on consoles.

I give this game 3 to 6 months before the remaining player base completely moves on to new games.

Maybe 1 more year before the life support plug is pulled for online servers.

I've already lost all desire to continue playing because of the lawsuit.

Activate Uber Jason on the next patch.

You having nothing to lose anymore except for the Friday The 13th fans that supported this game.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

No new content.

No dedicated servers on consoles.

I give this game 3 to 6 months before the remaining player base completely moves on to new games.

Maybe 1 more year before the life support plug is pulled for online servers.

I've already lost all desire to continue playing because of the lawsuit.

Activate UBER Jason on the next patch.

You having nothing to lose anymore except for the Friday The 13th fans that supported this game.

You could add your support to us getting that Client Side Save Patch. That would be cool 😂 but I don't think you are to far off from the things I've stated in here (except that Uber Jason thing. He's not being released.)

• Like 2

@BrokenFattHardy @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben @wes @[IllFonic]Courier

Yes, I support the option to save all progress and unlockable content to a client side console save file or a pc save file.

That will work for offline bots, sp challenges, private matches (LFG posts), achievements, etc.

Only quickplay would be disabled if servers go offline.

The 500 matches as Jason and 1,000 matches as Jason achievements need to be updated to allow progress in offline bots mode.

What would keep me playing is if dedicated servers are added to Xbox One within the next few patches. (Try to do it BEFORE 2019) 😄

I don't have the patience anymore to wait hours to play Jason only to have the host quit when I get picked.

At level 150, when I'm a counselor and I die in quickplay, I quit the match.

Join a new lobby to try to roll the dice for another chance to play as Jason and complete my last 2 achievements.

1,000 hours into the game and I don't have 500 matches played as Jason because of the host quitting all the time.

That is the number 1 reason why I stopped playing for now.

I have no issues with any forum members, Illfonic or Gun Media.

Disappointed that future content has to end after we all waited for 3 months for the last patch and engine upgrade.

Yeah, this is a dark cloud on the horizon. I don't feel too compelled right now to level up, unlock shit when the plug could be pulled and our data has gone. 

I think this really should be addressed soon whilst the case is ongoing. 

9 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Yeah, this is a dark cloud on the horizon. I don't feel too compelled right now to level up, unlock shit when the plug could be pulled and our data has gone. 

I think this really should be addressed soon whilst the case is ongoing. 

I know they are aware of it at least and are probably working on it now 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

Completely understandable, but playing the game is the only really way we can support it. Giving up now just gives them a reason to abandon it. I'm doing what I can. I've hosted 7 hours in the last 2 days. Hoping to continue that, and everyone is welcome to join me.

• Like 3

I want a "client side save patch" for consoles. Back to lurking, laughing, crying and everything in-between.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, C Atkins said:

I want a "client side save patch" for consoles. Back to lurking, laughing, crying and everything in-between.

Yup. Just want word from someone in charge about the patch and I'll be on my way. Nothing else will be said.

• Like 1

I'm having to research numbers right now and pulled these up - 

Friday the 13th    Dead by Daylight

This, and kind of combing through the forums for feedback, more or less, the death of this game has been an ongoing discussion recently as a lot of us have observed the drastic decline of players. There's been quite a bit of fed-up-ness with the failure to deliver anything substantial.

Would not even be able to tally how many times the "I hoped that..." and "It never ceases to amaze me...." type comments are weaved in to the topics. 

Anyways, yeah, I think that a client side patch and peer to peer hosting should be what they focus on, and let us know asap if that's on the table. 

35 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I'm having to research numbers right now and pulled these up - 

Friday the 13th    Dead by Daylight

This, and kind of combing through the forums for feedback, more or less, the death of this game has been an ongoing discussion recently as a lot of us have observed the drastic decline of players. There's been quite a bit of fed-up-ness with the failure to deliver anything substantial.

Would not even be able to tally how many times the "I hoped that..." and "It never ceases to amaze me...." type comments are weaved in to the topics. 

Anyways, yeah, I think that a client side patch and peer to peer hosting should be what they focus on, and let us know asap if that's on the table. 

I'm honestly afraid to post anything real in these boards anymore. I just want an answer on this patch so I'll know if I can keep what I paid for. That's it. If someone can give me a definitive answer, I'll go away. @wes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, C Atkins said:

Me too. I have no idea what it would take to do a client side save patch but it would be nice to know if it’s being seriously considered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldGamer said:

Me too. I have no idea what it would take to do a client side save patch but it would be nice to know if it’s being seriously considered.

The post you quoted isn't someone actually wanting the Client Side Save. He's trolling me in that post.

But yeah, Client Side Saving would be great and it would ensure we get to keep all the stuff we worked to unlock once the servers go offline (in the future, whenever that may be).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

The post you quoted isn't someone actually wanting the Client Side Save. He's trolling me in that post.

But yeah, Client Side Saving would be great and it would ensure we get to keep so the stuff we worked to unlock once the servers go offline (in the future, whenever that may be).

Sorry about that Broken! I was trying to give you some back-up on the whole client side save issue. There are many reasons my profile name is OldGamer lol.

I'd like to believe that they will give us the ability to access our progress on the client-side of things before the servers go offline in the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldGamer said:

Sorry about that Broken! I was trying to give you some back-up on the whole client side save issue. There are many reasons my profile name is OldGamer lol.

I wasn't fussing. No reason to say sorry. I just wanted you to know what that was. Thank you for showing some support though. You're one of like 7-9 people in the forum that see the good in this request.

@Fair Play I'd like to believe that too but...........all I'm gonna say is that we learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I wasn't fussing. No reason to say sorry. I just wanted you to know what that was. Thank you for showing some support though. You're one of like 7-9 people in the forum that see the good in this request.

@Fair Play I'd like to believe that too but...........all I'm gonna say is that we learn from the past.

I feel you on that one. One can still hope nonetheless.

Just now, Fair Play said:

I feel you on that one. One can still hope nonetheless.

True.

(Hell, I'm hoping right now that my thread isn't locked just because I started it)

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

True.

(Hell, I'm hoping right now that my thread isn't locked just because I started it)

As long as it's within the rules, it shouldn't be, right?