Well, I guess no merger lol.

At least if the poll showed anything, 40/2, localization is overwhelming requested if it comes down to it.

4 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Well, I guess no merger lol.

At least if the poll showed anything, 40/2, localization is overwhelming requested if it comes down to it.

Apparently, no merger and they won't clean out the "off topic" posts either, but what can we do? lol

The poll was a good idea and I'm happy that the majority of people who voted agree with Client Side Saving. It's important to have this as it is our only way to enjoy the entirety of what we paid for and what we worked so hard to unlock once the servers go down. (WHEN they go down. Maybe not be anytime soon, folks who keep chewing me out, but eventually it's gonna happen) I love the franchise and despite the game's flaws, I love playing it with friends (not QP. QP is trash).

I'm hoping Gun sees this and knows it's audience wants this. I brought this up to @wes in a conversation a few weeks ago and he said he would look into it, so at least he knows that this was a part of my thought process before any of this bad news dropped. @ShiftySamurai also implied he would look into getting an answer to us, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again, @DasMurich

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

but eventually it's gonna happen

I don't get why people don't understand that. No matter how great a game is or how many people continue playing, eventually it will be shut down. This is why ALL games need to have a single player/offline mode.

Your suggestion was valid before any of this began. If I decide I want to play the game and don't have internet access for whatever reason, I should be able to do so with everything I worked to unlock in the game.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't get why people don't understand that. No matter how great a game is or how many people continue playing, eventually it will be shut down. This is why ALL games need to have a single player/offline mode.

Your suggestion was valid before any of this began. If I decide I want to play the game and don't have internet access for whatever reason, I should be able to do so with everything I worked to unlock in the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=4606499

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Localization is when a game's audio and/or text is changed for the region it is in. Like, "the game has been localized for France".

What you are wanting is more of a "Client side save patch".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Localization is when a game's audio and/or text is changed for the region it is in. Like, "the game has been localized for France".

Well at least you knew what we meant lol

7 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Precisely. It would ensure the games playability and everyone’s saved progress once that inevitable day of servers shutting down comes...whenever that will be.

25 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Okay. I'll go on an edit spree to be accurate. Thanks.

Edit:  @ShiftySamurai I edited every instance, within this thread, where I improperly referred to it as "localization". Those TWO spots (Title & one post on Page 6) are now accurately referred to as "Client Side Saving". 🤘😐

39 minutes ago, Truth said:

Every game inevitably dies. I dont think we were expecting it this soon though.

Hopefully this isn't the "end all be all" of F13 games and we get another with a similar concept but with different studios manning the helm.

But that's wishful thinking. After all, the last game was on the NES.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:28 AM, Toddarino said:

Why is this game dying? I mean they said all future content is canceled in their statement, but I think this case will be cleared up in a week or two. Then they can get back to work! I can’t wait for Uber Jason and dedicated servers. It’s coming soon guys. Be patient!

oh I also hope they give us Savini Jason for this short wait. 

A week or two, who is on this case, Jimmy mcgill aka Saul Goodman? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kohagan said:

A week or two, who is on this case, Jimmy mcgill aka Saul Goodman? 

Hell yes! No one could hustle this case better then good ol' slippin Jimmy! 😆

• Haha 1

Even if the servers won't be shut down anytime soon, I would love to have my games progress and data be stored on my machine so I can play offline on days when my isp is down or when I'm out traveling with the laptop.

25 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Bump.  Because I really want an answer to this.

I'll be honest....... Everyone is gonna need to post in here to get their attention.

The folks in charge see my name attached to a thread or post and automatically think it's a shit stirring, bad mouthing, hell raising, rant spewing, ill mannered tirade about the devs so they usually don't pay attention.

Case in point, Derailing is against the rules. I ask a mod to clean things up so it ain't so confusing in here.........I get nothing. I ask Shifty to find out about saving account data locally and his answer is to correct me on the meaning of the word "localization" in the world of game development.

BUT!! Let me post a sweet ass gif telling someone that what they said was dumb or I bad mouth Gun Media for taking 5 months to release a glitchfest patch and BOOM!!.......all of a sudden thread is locked, post is DELETED and I'm "The Bad Guy"

tenor.gif?itemid=5349311

Unfortunately that seems to be the modus operandi around here.  If I say anything negative about Illf...err, I mean..."the devs" I'll get a response.  Ask a serious question about the game?  Crickets.

This is definitely needed if they want the legacy of this game to be one that people play offline for years to come. It needs to be extensive and feature everything unlocked by the player. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

This is definitely needed if they want the legacy of this game to be one that people play offline for years to come. It needs to be extensive and feature everything unlocked by the player. 

I concur. @ShiftySamurai what's the update, our main man?

It would be unfair once the game is disconnected permanently from the main servers (Don't give me 'It'll always be up') that we cannot play the games and have our own progress stored on the local machine. I play Bots more than I play Quick Play anyway.

15 minutes ago, Avanious said:

It would be unfair once the game is disconnected permanently from the main servers (Don't give me 'It'll always be up') that we cannot play the games and have our own progress stored on the local machine. I play Bots more than I play Quick Play anyway.

Hence the reason why I made the thread. The only thing that will give this game any kind of life after the servers (eventually) go down is having replay value. Unless we can locally save our account data and be able to keep everything we unlock, this game's legacy could be worse than the old NES game's.

22 minutes ago, Avanious said:

After the walloping I took after a few online quick play rounds as Jason recently, I only play Jason with bots.  Online is for counselor play for me.

This is why they should have added offline bots mode for Jason and counselors, now when the servers officially die perks, counselor clothing packs and counselors become useless. Maybe if they made it so we could put dlc clothing and perks on the bot counselors that may make perks and clothing remain useful.