8 minutes ago, Hancove said:

This may be a stupid question but aren't eventually new copies sold enough to keep servers alive? 

I can't imagine they would be selling enough copies to pay for dedicated servers.

49 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Let me explain.

Broken content (cost money/resources to fix)

+

Can't create new content (can not further monetize this game)

=

No reason for developers to continue to work on this game.

Sure they'll put out the illusion that they're still hard at work. We may even get another bug creating patch in July. But realistically it would be a bad business decision for them to continue to spend money to fix this game and supposedly still put out dedicated servers.

Well i understand they won't create new content due to what ever that stupid lawsuit is about.

But really.  They can fix the game.    This game doesn't really need new content other then MORE kills.   It only needs polish.

I myself didn't care much about Jason X (Space map).     Im more then happy with the content i got for $40.   Fixing/polish is all that this game really needs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well i understand that won't create new content due to what ever that stupid lawsuit is about.

But really.  They can fix the game.    This game doesn't really need new content other then MORE kills.   It only need polish.

I myself didn't care much about Jason X (Space map).     Im more then happy with the content i got for $40.   Fixing/polish is all that this game really needs.

As a player of the game, I agree. Gun to my head (pun intended) I am definitely on the side of working/bug free game over the side that yearns for new content.

That said, as a business, besides reputation and damage control (both significant reasons mind you), I have a hard time spending more money to fix this game, when I can't monetize it further. Especially when I have this awesomely dislikable scapecoat named Victor Miller that I can use.

Like I said, and someone else said (maybe @Caliph), don't be surprised if we get a patch in July or early August, followed by more complaints that the game still isn't working, followed by a heartfelt "aww shucks, we tried" closing up shop message. My guess is by October the servers will be no more. Hopefully we can at least get a true offline mode. I wouldn't pick it up all that often, but i know a lot of you guys really enjoy it.

Again, I'm a cynic. So could I be wrong?Of course and I hope so. But I have my doubts that we'll have the opportunity to play this game for much longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was a big fan of Tabula Rasa before it went dark. I don't know if there are other fans on this forum, but if so, maybe you agree with what I'm saying. maybe not. To each their own. 

Tabula Rasa was not a great game. At first. It was kind of a shit show. At first. I wasn't that impressed. At first.

But, as time went on, the development team worked hard to try and fix the gameplay issues. They revamped and revamped. Even after the game announced that it would be shutting down, they continued to add features and refine the game. 

I was genuinely sad when it shut down. I was enjoying how the game was evolving. It is too bad it ended where it did. 

Was it a great game? Nah. But it was fun, and I don't regret investing my time and money into it.

Maybe there's enough love for this game within the hearts of the development team to deliver on their promise to keep working on bugs, to deliver dedicated servers. Maybe to even provide localized accounts so that we can play the game once the decision is made to turn off the lights. 

Personally, I don't have that kind of faith in this development team. But I could be wrong. They might. 

Either way, with nearly 600 hours logged, I don't regret investing my tie and money into this game. I certainly don't feel I would invest more money. I didn't even buy the Part 2 kill pack. 

But I had some great times. And some great matches. Made a few new single serving friends. 

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times."

I certainly HOPE we'll be able to keep playing offline, even if online goes away.

I'm a huge naive rube, so I'm hoping that Miller loses to Cunningham and they can reverse the decision. There just isn't another game on the market that replicates the feel that F13 does for me, warts and all. DBD gets brought up, but it's more like horror-arena tag than something that feels like I'm a slasher stalking through an organic environment of some kind. It's far more claustrophobic and there's much less time to savor the chase. I feel rushed as the killer, which is what I prefer to play.

I'm probably just screaming false hope into the void, but I have to hope the outcome allows them to continue on despite their current position. If not, there's pretty much a whole sub-style of gameplay that I won't have anymore in my gaming rotation. DBD isn't the same, and Last Year: The Nightmare seems more like a fusion of DBD and Left 4 Dead or something than what Friday presents. 

I'm just really bummed out. I came to the game late because I'd been stuck with really bad rural internet for the past 4 years and within the last couple of months I've finally been able to fully game online again. I was super ready to throw myself into F13 and for the most part I've been having a blast. Now it looks like that's going to be short lived because there'll be maybe a couple hundred hardcore folks (and I'm probably being very generous there) who stick around on PC if this thing is dead in terms of future content.

It just all really makes me...1386355666917.png.12114388dbfcff3ebe9c136671c136e4.png

Posted (edited)

Saw this posted on steam.

If this is true hopefully that means there is life left in the game.

L.....l...let's all just pray

c180f99397a37cf77f0b04a8a242198ef37d261b.jpg
TX Death iconGames.png 5 minutes ago 
http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusiv

Snip
------------------------

Well, according to Robert Wyman, the lawyer for Horror, INC., who spoke with GameRevolution via email, the answer is yes.

"We can absolutely confirm that the Victor Miller claim does not impact the current game being distributed by Gun Media now or in the future," Wyman told GameRevolution. "Even if he won his action, Mr. Miller would not own the Jason character as he has come to be known and loved and feared. He did not create the title and so would not have the right to control its use."

Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusive#GRfvFZVaIybPWbdz.99
--------------------
Edited by Ja1862

how many people are still purchasing the game? probably zero or close to it. it's obvious

4 minutes ago, Ja1862 said:

If this is true hopefully that means there is life left in the game

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusiv

Snip
------------------------

Well, according to Robert Wyman, the lawyer for Horror, INC., who spoke with GameRevolution via email, the answer is yes.

"We can absolutely confirm that the Victor Miller claim does not impact the current game being distributed by Gun Media now or in the future," Wyman told GameRevolution. "Even if he won his action, Mr. Miller would not own the Jason character as he has come to be known and loved and feared. He did not create the title and so would not have the right to control its use."

Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusive#GRfvFZVaIybPWbdz.99
--------------------

This was said a year ago. Since then the game has been included. I read that same article lastnight.

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

This was said a year ago. Since then the game has been included. I read that same article lastnight.

God dammit :-

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

As a player of the game, I agree. Gun to my head (pun intended) I am definitely on the side of working/bug free game over the side that yearns for new content.

That said, as a business, besides reputation and damage control (both significant reasons mind you), I have a hard time spending more money to fix this game, when I can't monetize it further. Especially when I have this awesomely dislikable scapecoat named Victor Miller that I can use.

Like I said, and someone else said (maybe @Caliph), don't be surprised if we get a patch in July or early August, followed by more complaints that the game still isn't working, followed by a heartfelt "aww shucks, we tried" closing up shop message. My guess is by October the servers will be no more. Hopefully we can at least get a true offline mode. I wouldn't pick it up all that often, but i know a lot of you guys really enjoy it.

Again, I'm a cynic. So could I be wrong?Of course and I hope so. But I have my doubts that we'll have the opportunity to play this game for much longer.

Even that wouldn't be as bad as the shit show that Marvel Heroes Omega turned into.

24 minutes ago, Ja1862 said:

If this is true hopefully that means there is life left in the game.

L.....l...let's all just pray

Snip
------------------------

--------------------

This article was irresponsibly written, as Victor Miller IS claiming rights to the characters he created, namely Jason and Pamela Voorhees. To suggest he had no legal ground of asking for an injunction against all further development of their characters and the franchise to they belong is ridiculous. 

But again, I think he's just using the "all-stop" as leverage to force a settlement. Hey, it may work. 

Either that, or Cunningham will just permanently shelve the franchise and keep fighting.

That would suck.

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

This article was irresponsibly written, as Victor Miller IS claiming rights to the characters he created, namely Jason and Pamela Voorhees. To suggest he had no legal ground of asking for an injunction against all further development of their characters and the franchise to they belong is ridiculous. 

But again, I think he's just using the "all-stop" as leverage to force a settlement. Hey, it may work. 

Either that, or Cunningham will just permanently shelve the franchise and keep fighting.

That would suck.

This is literally the Buckaroo Banzai fiasco all over again.

I'd love to get my hands on copies of the dueling motions for summary judgment and see what the brass tacks are in this case.  Apart from being a dork who loves to read this stuff, IP law is in a fascinating place right now with the propagation of digital media.

4 hours ago, malloymk said:

can't imagine they would be selling enough copies to pay for dedicated serve

Common sense says you're correct.

Oddly enough though, I just got a text from a buddy of mine, he's streaming some left 4 dead later today.

Lfd still has dedicated servers. So maybe there is some money to be made even without new content? We're way outside my area of expertise on this. 

19 minutes ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Common sense says you're correct.

Oddly enough though, I just got a text from a buddy of mine, he's streaming some left 4 dead later today.

Lfd still has dedicated servers. So maybe there is some money to be made even without new content? We're way outside my area of expertise on this. 

I haven't played that game in quite a while. It brings back so many fond memories.

Wow this thread has a way of getting off topic like no other thread.

Anyway, yes, I would like an answer on the possibility of a patch that allows us to save locally so that we don't lose our progress.

23 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Will Gun Media and Illfonic release a patch that allows for saving account info on local machines (PS,XBOX&PC)??

Without this ability, once servers go offline, we will not be able to use ANY Jason (or content) that needed to be unlocked via XP Levels in Offline Mode. That means we really won't have very much to work with and all the money we spent will be for a broken game with 2 Jason's. How fun!!!

friday-the-13th-part-vi-jason-lives-tomb

I would prefer to see the game and all of its code released under an open source license so that we can host our own servers and maintain it.

The fact that it runs on unreal engine might make it a little tricky, but I think so long as the engine code isn't modified it could be done legally. 

27 minutes ago, psychose7en said:

Wait, so no uber jason? And whats the lawsuit for?

I need to get back on Twitter again.

No Uber Jason and no more anything else.

The lawsuit is explained here.....http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20027-victor-miller-v-cunningham-lawsuit-explained/

Twitter ain't gonna do you any good.

But my thread keeps being derailed so let me remind everyone that this thread is about Gun Media releasing a patch that would allow account data to be stored locally instead of on their servers. This makes sure we can play Offline Mode with all the stuff we've unlocked, like all the Jasons.

@ShiftySamurai could weigh in on this, as it has nothing to do with the lawsuit or content, but I get the feeling I won't hear anything. #WeDeserveAnAnswer

• Like 1

I don’t know the logistics of making the save client side versus the server side system we use, and it’s after 7pm, so I likely can’t get an answer on that today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I don’t know the logistics of making the save client side versus the server side system we use, and it’s after 7pm, so I likely can’t get an answer on that today. 

Hey, at least you will ask.  Thanks for that.  Just let us know, please.  Keep us in the loop. 

32 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thank you, @ShiftySamurai for at least replying. Can someone else address this tomorrow or in the next few days?

38 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Could you also please explain why uber jason is affected by this lawsuit when all you have to do is release him before July when the lawsuit states?

43 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thanks for the response.

@Kodiak @JPops

@zmccain is right. This thread keeps being derailed. I've asked multiple times for people to stay on topic yet it keeps drifting. From my time here I know derailing is against the rules, and I also know deleting people's posts is a pretty common thing. Can someone PLEASE clean this thread of posts that are off topic? (Including this one, if you will)

• Thanks 2

if they release any more updates or fixes I will be shocked  actually