Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't see why not.  The main dlc is free anyway, so it's not like that is a lost revenue stream.  Just depends if people still play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Do you believe if they do give us an option to save it, the lawsuit gets resolved that they will simply hop back on the train and pick up where they left off or would it be a dead stick? Ive never seen this type of situation with a game before. 

It would be dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigblue2581 said:

The game has been dead. And now it's official. RIP

Just think, Bigblue.........When you joined we got off on the wrong foot and didn't really like each other. I said things, you said things......but we found 1 or 2 things that I think we agreed on. I think you're probably right about this too. 😐

 

 

But I still don't like you. 🤣

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Toddarino said:

Why is this game dying? I mean they said all future content is canceled in their statement, but I think this case will be cleared up in a week or two. Then they can get back to work! I can’t wait for Uber Jason and dedicated servers. It’s coming soon guys. Be patient!

oh I also hope they give us Savini Jason for this short wait. 

You must be 10 years old... sure.... multi million dollar lawsuit worked out in a couple of weeks LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

 

You must be 10 years old... sure.... multi million dollar lawsuit worked out in a couple of weeks LOL!

Why quote two people and talk about only one? Or were you calling us both 10 year olds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish that they would add in an offline counselor mode. This would be my last request. I know they probably won’t but I would like a chance to still play the game even after they take the servers down. (which will hopefully be far into the future) This would also need to keep the progression as the OP has stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

I just wish that they would add in an offline counselor mode. This would be my last request. I know they probably won’t but I would like a chance to still play the game even after they take the servers down. (which will hopefully be far into the future) This would also need to keep the progression as the OP has stated.

No. No asking for content. Only ask for fixes and an account info patch. Nothing else. 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure I can unplug my internet and still play offline now without losing anything and still build up cp and level up. On my original account I leveled up to 45 on offline bots between December 2017 and January 2018 because I didn't have internet access at the time. And I unlocked part 4 Jason in the process. That's why I always buy a hard copy...

And if you downloaded a digital copy I would think you could do the same thing. Should be saved to the PS4 right?

Edited by Somethin Cool
Added content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm pretty sure I can unplug my internet and still play offline now without losing anything and still build up cp and level up. On my original account I leveled up to 45 on offline bots between December 2017 and January 2018 because I didn't have internet access at the time. And I unlocked part 4 Jason in the process. That's why I always buy a hard copy...

And if you downloaded a digital copy I would think you could do the same thing. Should be saved to the PS4 right?

I have a disc copy and I have the digital download so I don't have to use my disc, but no..........what you're saying isn't true. Offline Bots still requires an internet connection to have access to Jasons that are XP unlocked. Think of it more like "Not Multiplayer Mode" cause you are playing against AI Bots but you still need internet to use all the good shit you worked hard for. They store all of your account info on their server and not on your console. I was told by a member of their team that it was this way to prevent hacking but we see it didn't really help the PC crowd.

If you disconnect the internet and play Offline Bots you can only use Parts 3 & 6 and your level is shown as 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I have a disc copy and I have the digital download so I don't have to use my disc, but no..........what you're saying isn't true. Offline Bots still requires an internet connection to have access to Jasons that are XP unlocked. Think of it more like "Not Multiplayer Mode" cause you are playing against AI Bots but you still need internet to use all the good shit you worked hard for. They store all of your account info on their server and not on your console. I was told by a member of their team that it was this way to prevent hacking but we see it didn't really help the PC crowd.

If you disconnect the internet and play Offline Bots you can only use Parts 3 & 6 and your level is shown as 0.

You are able to use Savini Jason as well, if you have access to him. Just thought I’d let everyone know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this something they've added since January? I can guarantee you that I didn't have internet access and leveled up to 45 on offline bots. I'm going to have to test that when I get home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of people saying on other threads/social media saying they're going to stop playing the game immediately and going on rage rants about dev theories and why they do things. I think the worst thing we can do as fans/backers/etc is to just drop the game all together. Keep playing it and make the best out of a bad situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldnt taking something we payed for constitute some sort of theft? You could fill the universe with what I dont know about cyber theft and game law. I feel they would have to work out a way for players to keep things they have paid for and/or earned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

multi million dollar lawsuit worked out in a couple of weeks LOL!

Even if it would be worked out that quickly, I'm not sure that matters.

 

We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future.

Unfeasible.

Now or in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Even if it would be worked out that quickly, I'm not sure that matters.

 

We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future.

Unfeasible.

Now or in the future.

 

Look up the definition of Unfeasible. It doesn't mean "they can't" it means "it's not convenient enough" and let's try to stay on topic, please

 

5 hours ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Wouldnt taking something we payed for constitute some sort of theft? You could fill the universe with what I dont know about cyber theft and game law. I feel they would have to work out a way for players to keep things they have paid for and/or earned. 

Look thru the Terms and Conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Even if it would be worked out that quickly, I'm not sure that matters.

 

We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future.

Unfeasible.

Now or in the future.

 

They're probably losing too much money re fixing all the bugs from every update they've ever done and the new engine upgrade not working for shit. Plus even when they "updated" Jason's grab they totally screwed it up. Sounds like they shit the bed on that last update and now they don't want to lay in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

They're probably losing too much money re fixing all the bugs from every update

Maybe. The whole "legal issues" seems a bit more like a convenient excuse than an actual reason.  Maybe it'll work out and they'll get shit straight. Or provide an update to let us save our progress offline. I hope. They're not exactly filling me with confidence in them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CowardlyBadger I would imagine that they're just done with it. They'll probably stick a couple people on fixing bugs til the money runs out but that's it. Most of my f13 friends are already looking for other games to play and I'm sure they're gonna have a hell of a time selling more copies of Friday now so I doubt it'll be too much longer. Too bad for all of us horror fans but I think this game will end up being remembered as being just as shitty as the nes version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

@CowardlyBadger I would imagine that they're just done with it. They'll probably stick a couple people on fixing bugs til the money runs out but that's it. Most of my f13 friends are already looking for other games to play and I'm sure they're gonna have a hell of a time selling more copies of Friday now so I doubt it'll be too much longer. Too bad for all of us horror fans but I think this game will end up being remembered as being just as shitty as the nes version.

Some people look at that NES game as a "classic". A true work of it's time.

I'm sure the same will be thought of this one 25 years from now.

 

But PLEASE stay on topic. If you don't know what it is, go back and read the OP, please. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Some people look at that NES game as a "classic". A true work of it's time.

I'm sure the same will be thought of this one 25 years from now.

 

But PLEASE stay on topic. If you don't know what it is, go back and read the OP, please. Thanks

if you are right on the original post that is insane

 

for the record I don't buy the lawsuit thing at all and would bet my life savings we will never see dedicated servers. the developers have no incentive to do them 

 

As Hulk Hogan once said "take it easy brother we already have their money"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Sine people look at that NES game as a "classic". A true work of it's time.

I'm sure the same will be thought of this one 25 years from now.

Lmfao. Believe me I bought the nes version when it was new.  It isn't, wasn't, and never will be a classic. And if you take away the online aspect of this one you're left with nothing but the bots so there's not much replay value except for playing for nostalgia. "I remember when this game was fun" and what not....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Most of my f13 friends are already looking for other games to play 

What have they found so far? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CowardlyBadger said:

What have they found so far? 

Not much yet. They're falling back on GTA online at the moment but I don't think that'll do it for me...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×