They said no new content due to the lawsuit, but they would be still continue to patch and move the consoles to online servers. So, the game will still be running for a while. Probably long before you are bored with it.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

MGS4 has a singleplayer component that requires no online connectivity. This game's singleplayer is still tied to online, as far as I'm aware, and greatly restricts you if you play offline.

Thank you. I didn't wanna post back to back.

MGS4 has a singleplayer component that requires no online connectivity. This game's singleplayer is still tied to online, as far as I'm aware, and greatly restricts you if you play offline.

You're thinking of part 5. MGS4 does have a single player story. I just miss the online mode.

Just now, samination said:

They said no new content due to the lawsuit, but they would be still continue to patch and move the consoles to online servers. So, the game will still be running for a while. Probably long before you are bored with it.

Tell me other things they've said!!!¬†I can't get enough of them telling me stuff that they end up not following thru with. ūü§≠

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You're thinking of part 5. MGS4 does have a single player story. I just miss the online mode.

No, I said that this game's singleplayer is still tied to online connectivity. Not MGS4. And I'm not sure how much you need online connectivity for MGSV. There are some optional features but it's hardly necessary.

No, I said that this game's singleplayer is still tied to online connectivity. Not MGS4. And I'm not sure how much you need online connectivity for MGSV. There are some optional features but it's hardly necessary.

I was just thinking of the CP points on MGSV. There is a lot you are not able to upgrade if you don't use the online features. 

53 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

oh I also hope they give us Savini Jason for this short wait. 

Miss no opportunities to be a beggar. 

Howabout no? 

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Miss no opportunities to be a beggar. 

Howabout no? 

Howabout SHOTS!

Whenever Gun/Illfonic gets sick of paying server costs with no revenue coming in to pay for it, the game will be officially dead.

This will happen at some point...it's not a matter of if but when. 

37 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I guess we can stop bothering them to make a new content road map-OH SHIT THIS WAS PROBABLY THE REASON THEY WERE DRAGGING THEIR FEET ON IT!

this is why we didn't get Paranoia mode. This is why we didn't get Uber or Grendel. This is why consoles didn't get dedicated servers. Check the date of when that paranoia trailer came out, because shortly after that is when they knew this games fate. Around that same time is when all there transparency was gone also. I can bet you any amount of money that around that time they were strictly focused on whatever other game they are working on. I have been telling people for months that I think we were being lied to, and today pretty much confirms that. im also willing to bet that Uber Jason has been done for months. And as far as Grendel goes, If that map would have given us anything new at all, as far as variety in ways to escape, we would have gotten that months ago. So Im convinced Grendel would have been a shit show or we would have seen it by now. It was bad enough on pc seeing Uber Jason get killed by Tommy. Lazy ass team of developers. Why would they do that unless they knew this game wasn't going to be around much longer anyways. Just like Roy. They had an opportunity there for a unique Jason experience, but no, just throw a skin on an existing Jason and call it a day. SAD. So, at the end of the day, it wasn't the bugs, it wasn't Gun Media or Illfonic and it wasn't the toxic community that killed this game, it was Victor frickin Miller. IMAGINE THAT

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Servers WILL EVENTUALLY go offline. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but you're crazy if you think Gun Media is gonna keep those servers on when the money stops coming in.

Evolve is shutting its servers down.

There is no way the Friday the 13th servers won't (eventually) shut down.

Where there's no money there's no incentive. The only thing that will keep them alive in the interim is sentiment.

+1000 on the switch to local.

6 minutes ago, humerabi said:

So, at the end of the day, it wasn't the bugs, it wasn't Gun Media or Illfonic and it wasn't the toxic community that killed this game, it was Victor frickin Miller. IMAGINE THAT

This is exactly what I was talking about. I truly don’t know why Gun Media has acted like this. They’ve constantly lied to our face, taken the easy way out, and ruined one of the best games I’ve ever played. I just wish things would’ve turned out differently; there was so much potential.

I predict this topic will be dying soon enough as have many others this day

7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Evolve is shutting its servers down.

There is no way the Friday the 13th servers won't (eventually) shut down.

Where there's no money there's no incentive. The only thing that will keep them alive in the interim is sentiment.

+1000 on the switch to local.

Isn't there a free to play Evolve game that they're keep the servers up for? 

5 minutes ago, 2moar said:

I predict this topic will be dying soon enough as have many others this day

It can die, just like the game, but at least I cared enough to ask the question......."Will we get a patch that allows account info to be saved locally that allows us to play the game, with everything we worked hard to unlock, once they shut down their servers??" What did you do today?

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

It can die, just like the game, but at least I cared enough to ask the question......."Will we get a patch that allows account info to be saved locally that allows us to play the game, with everything we worked hard to unlock, once they shut down their servers??" What did you do today?

Part in bold:  That's really the only question I want answered at this point.

Just now, zmccain said:

Part in bold:  That's really the only question I want answered at this point.

Me too

11 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Isn't there a free to play Evolve game that they're keep the servers up for? 

Right at this moment yes. They're being shut down. The only people that will be able to play are those that actually bought the game when it could be bought. There's a local hosting system being put in place.

Announcement

Just now, DasMurich said:

Right at this moment yes. They're being shut down. The only people that will be able to play are those that actually bought the game when it could be bought. There's a local hosting system being put in place.

I see. I bought the game few years back so I was only curious. 

I don't care if y'all discuss other shit but can you at least add something related to the topic? They already shut my topics down for any reason they can find and this one is kind of important to a lot of people who wanna keep playing after servers go down.

I REALLY hope this get answered.  Hell, I'd rather them focus on this right now more than anything else.

@MaxRenn82 I know what Wes tweeted. I also know the stuff they've tweeted in the past that didn't hold up, so forgive my doubts.

I'm not saying it's dead, I'm saying it's dying.

I'm not saying servers are shutting down immediately, I'm saying one day in the future they will shut down.

One the other hand, they've been saying consoles were getting servers, but they haven't.

They also said they were fixing glitches, but we are still seeing some glitches that were present at release and every patch had introduced more glitches.

So believe who/what you want and I'll continue to ask if we will get a patch that allows account info to be saved locally.

• Like 1

I do agree a patch would be needed when and if that time comes. I doubt they would let that happen (lose content offline).  Love em or hate em I don't think anyone can deny this isn't simply a business venture for them but a labor of love.

Do you believe if they do give us an option to save it, the lawsuit gets resolved that they will simply hop back on the train and pick up where they left off or would it be a dead stick? Ive never seen this type of situation with a game before.