Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DeadlyD said:

im not sayin my opinion is all that matters, i understand some people dont like seein "end game" content that wasnt earned, what i am sayin is its better to take that risk then screw over the majority of players who would not do this, with bans to those caught, they need to patch a client save in

They backtracked on an official DAY 1 Rule against teaming/helping Jason. They aren't worried about what screws players. 

They are worried about what is bad for Gun Media. Hopefully they understand that not implementing Client Side Save is bad for them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

They are worried about what is bad for Gun Media. Hopefully they understand that not implementing Client Side Save is bad for them too.

I'm sure they are concerned, otherwise this question would have been answered by now. They got a bit more time before it starts to justify people's anger. 

Glad to see you back, don't be a stranger BFHardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'm sure they are concerned, otherwise this question would have been answered by now. They got a bit more time before it starts to justify people's anger. 

Glad to see you back, don't be a stranger BFHardy.

No shit right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other perk to doing this (for them anyways), would be that they could still potentially get more sales later on if they lower the price and/or have sales on it.

Virtually no one would buy this if it came like it is now, but without online play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'm sure they are concerned, otherwise this question would have been answered by now. They got a bit more time before it starts to justify people's anger. 

Glad to see you back, don't be a stranger BFHardy.

Thanks. Being gone wasn't my choice. Caught the vacation from a Mod. 7 days later and here I am. ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Thanks. Being gone wasn't my choice. Caught the vacation from a Mod. 7 days later and here I am. ?

Love those forced vaca's. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re having discussions about this, but there’s no answer right now. However, dedicated servers aren’t live yet, so the doom and gloom about them going away/this being the most important issue that needs to be addressed seems a bit odd to me. 

We are currently focused on fixing critical gameplay issues that are impacting players right now on every platform. I am not going to push for this feature, or one like it, at this time as it is not currently necessary or a critical issue. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re having discussions about this, but there’s no answer right now. However, dedicated servers aren’t live yet, so the doom and gloom about them going away/this being the most important issue that needs to be addressed seems a bit odd to me. 

We are currently focused on fixing critical gameplay issues that are impacting players right now on every platform. I am not going to push for this feature, or one like it, at this time as it is not currently necessary or a critical issue. 

Well there you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re having discussions about this, but there’s no answer right now. However, dedicated servers aren’t live yet, so the doom and gloom about them going away/this being the most important issue that needs to be addressed seems a bit odd to me. 

We are currently focused on fixing critical gameplay issues that are impacting players right now on every platform. I am not going to push for this feature, or one like it, at this time as it is not currently necessary or a critical issue. 

The reason we feel it is critical, is there is no telling how long dedicated servers will be up. I think that is where the biggest concern and want for it comes from. At least from me. But thanks for at least popping in and letting us know something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re having discussions about this, but there’s no answer right now. However, dedicated servers aren’t live yet, so the doom and gloom about them going away/this being the most important issue that needs to be addressed seems a bit odd to me. 

We are currently focused on fixing critical gameplay issues that are impacting players right now on every platform. I am not going to push for this feature, or one like it, at this time as it is not currently necessary or a critical issue. 

Forgive us for wanting this answered. You must understand, that given the way this passed year has gone, many do not trust what you're saying to us. Those servers have been talked about for so long now, Dan, that most of us have thought passed them and how dedicated servers could end up screwing us over in the long run. We know that even if we do get them, Gun Media will not keep putting money into them to keep a game going that isn't bringing in revenue. Believe it or not, a lot of people in here are smarter than y'all may realize.

Client Side Saving is crucial to the replayability of this game. Eventually, one day, y'all will take down those servers. And whether that day is in December of this year or the year 2024........... Some of us will still want to play this game (even if it's not multiplayer).

I think those that are left here (which aren't many from the activity lately) would like to know how much Gun Media plays this game they love so much. Do y'all have hundreds of hours invested playing (some could say "testing") your own game? And if you do, how can none of y'all see how important what we are wanting is?

 

(This post has no rage or anger. Please do not delete this post because I didn't kiss butt or say thanks)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re having discussions about this, but there’s no answer right now. However, dedicated servers aren’t live yet, so the doom and gloom about them going away/this being the most important issue that needs to be addressed seems a bit odd to me. 

We are currently focused on fixing critical gameplay issues that are impacting players right now on every platform. I am not going to push for this feature, or one like it, at this time as it is not currently necessary or a critical issue. 

This would secure the future of the game in a worst case scenario. If dedicated servers are no longer a viable option, regardless of if that's determined before or after they launch, then owners of the game can take solace in knowing their time and effort are saved safely on their end. That, and allowing for peer to peer hosting will still allow for multiplayer. This is basically what Evolve Stage 2 is doing. 

It's fair for players to feel like a "just because it isn't live yet doesn't mean it won't be" kind of answer really isn't warranted. There's a lot of "isn'ts" that are now "won'ts".

Maybe think of it like wearing a seatbelt. You don't plan on wrecking but you want to be sure you don't go soaring through the windshield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This would secure the future of the game in a worst case scenario. If dedicated servers are no longer a viable option, regardless of if that's determined before or after they launch, then owners of the game can take solace in knowing their time and effort are saved safely on their end. That, and allowing for peer to peer hosting will still allow for multiplayer. This is basically what Evolve Stage 2 is doing. 

It's fair for players to feel like a "just because it isn't live yet doesn't mean it won't be" kind of answer really isn't warranted. There's a lot of "isn'ts" that are now "won'ts".

Maybe think of it like wearing a seatbelt. You don't plan on wrecking but you want to be sure you don't go soaring through the windshield. 

My question is why does something have to be "critical" or "gamebreaking" to be pushed through?  I mean I really do not get it, you guys cannot work on DLC anymore, so there has to be room for what so many are asking for on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RadikalGamer said:

My question is why does something have to be "critical" or "gamebreaking" to be pushed through?  I mean I really do not get it, you guys cannot work on DLC anymore, so there has to be room for what so many are asking for on this thread.

Because we are focused on critical issues that are game breaking for players. That’s the most important task right now. There is no good reason to spread the team thin right now, and plenty of reasons against it.

@BrokenFattHardy this tactic where you try to passive aggressively chide people into answering your questions to your specific liking will no longer be tolerated. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Because we are focused on critical issues that are game breaking for players. That’s the most important task right now. There is no good reason to spread the team thin right now, and plenty of reasons against it.

@BrokenFattHardy this tactic where you try to passive aggressively chide people into answering your questions to your specific liking will no longer be tolerated. 

I'm sorry you've taken rational questioning in such a bad way. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm sorry you've taken rational questioning in such a bad way. 

I have to agree with @BrokenFattHardy on this one.  I think he and everyone else that has posted about this have very valid points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RadikalGamer said:

I have to agree with @BrokenFattHardy on this one.  I think he and everyone else that has posted about this have very valid points.

As do I. We are your player base and we have a right to be concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

I have to agree with @BrokenFattHardy on this one.  I think he and everyone else that has posted about this have very valid points.

same here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm sorry you've taken rational questioning in such a bad way. 

Lol, you are paranoid, no one dislikes you at all ?

You know I back and support this 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question has been answered. We are talking about solutions for this. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×