Will Gun Media and Illfonic release a patch that allows for saving account info on local machines (PS,XBOX&PC)??

Without this ability, once servers go offline, we will not be able to use ANY Jason (or content) that needed to be unlocked via XP Levels in Offline Mode. That means we really won't have very much to work with and all the money we spent will be for a broken game with 2 Jason's. How fun!!!

friday-the-13th-part-vi-jason-lives-tomb

• Like 4

Are the servers for sure going to go offline? I thought they were going to keep the game going.

Fucking brutal.. you know, I woke up thinking today was going to be a good day.

• Like 2

Just now, Evil said:

Fucking brutal.. you know, I woke up thinking today was going to be a good day.

Me too brother, me too. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know. Devs are in full defense mode deleting posts that criticize them.

"Operation blame miller" is in full force and it seems to be working. Don't get me wrong, miller is to blame, but let's not pretend Gun/Illfonic is the victim.

Off topic from your OP, but needs to be said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why is this game dying? I mean they said all future content is canceled in their statement, but I think this case will be cleared up in a week or two. Then they can get back to work! I can’t wait for Uber Jason and dedicated servers. It’s coming soon guys. Be patient!

oh I also hope they give us Savini Jason for this short wait. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

"Operation blame miller" is in full force and it seems to be working. Don't get me wrong, miller is to blame, but let's not pretend Gun/Illfonic is the victim.

The kicker is most don't realize it's gun halting everything prematurely we should have until the end of June to shit out a patch making uber jayjay playable but they are basically saying fuck you I won' get paid so no. And I'm supposed to sit and praise them for this horseshit that they have been promising for months when we were a few weeks out from release or they'll make me go away. I know people who spent thousands backing you guys to even give you a chance. To quote another thread "How dare you"

Just now, Toddarino said:

Why is this game dying? I mean they said all future content is canceled in their statement, but I think this case will be cleared up in a week or two. Then they can get back to work! I can’t wait for Uber Jason and dedicated servers. It’s coming soon guys. Be patient!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

Are the servers for sure going to go offline? I thought they were going to keep the game going.

Eventually........ Yes. Might not be this month......or this year, but they will eventually cut them off and when they do, we lose everything unless they figure out how to truly have an Offline Mode.

I guess we can stop bothering them to make a new content road map-OH SHIT THIS WAS PROBABLY THE REASON THEY WERE DRAGGING THEIR FEET ON IT!

Enough with the savini shit. The reason the game will die is obvious. Servers cost money and how long do you pump money into something that your not going to get anything out of? They have a company to keep in business so they will likely move on to the next project. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

What you're saying is true so who am I to criticize?

5 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

11/10

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Will Gun Media and Illfonic release a patch that allows for saving account info on local machines (PS,XBOX&PC)??

Without this ability, once servers go offline, we will not be able to use ANY Jason (or content) that needed to be unlocked via XP Levels in Offline Mode. That means we really won't have very much to work with and all the money we spent will be for a broken game with 2 Jason's. How fun!!!

friday-the-13th-part-vi-jason-lives-tomb

You're absolutely right. I'd like to be playing this game here and there for years to come, and I'd like to have all of my unlocked content always available. A patch ensuring that would be nice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Eventually........ Yes. Might not be this month......or this year, but they will eventually cut them off and when they do, we lose everything unless they figure out how to truly have an Offline Mode.

I’m starting to get the feeling that we’ve been scammed. Everything the devs have done so far has seemed super sketchy and it seems like they might just be using this lawsuit as a way to get out of releasing the promised uber jason dlc. I feel betrayed, lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Hugh D Paul said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that we’ve been scammed. Everything the devs have done so far has been super sketchy and it seems like they might just be using this lawsuit as a way to get out of releasing the promised uber jason dlc. I feel betrayed, lol.

Seems unlikely, since Uber Jason is already finished. And they made a bunch of changes in the last update such as weapon swapping and changes to Jason selection and salt mines and what not that suggest they had the game's long term future in mind. I do believe this was sudden, whether it's because of the lawsuit or otherwise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Awe yes to be new to the world of friday the 13th. So no this isnt a news case, just new to gun/illfonic as they as of June were added to it. The lawsuit has been on going almost a year so if were adding new people to it as of June...this aint ending anytime soon. So no right now any expectation should be there will be no new content as thats realistic. If things go fast in the suit, maybe but thats only if Sean wins as if miller wins then its gets way more complicated. 

And no salvini will never be released and you can blame miller for that

I mentioned this earlier.  This is what concerns me the most about where this game ends up, having my content and progress and being able to play more than one Jason.  Too bad they couldn't or wouldn't do single player counselors as well.  We wouldn't even need online.

31 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I hope you are correct, but have you ever heard the saying "the wheels of Justice turn slowly"?  The courts can take forever... Then appeals. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

SERVERS ARENT GOING OFFLINE! But I do agree with saving that stuff because I would love to play off-line.

Servers WILL EVENTUALLY go offline. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but you're crazy if you think Gun Media is gonna keep those servers on when the money stops coming in.

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Servers WILL EVENTUALLY go offline. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but you're crazy if you think Gun Media is gonna keep those servers on when the money stops coming in.

Devs already confirmed they aren't getting offline 

35 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Isn't that true for just about every game? I miss playing MGS4 online.

• Like 1

Just now, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Devs already confirmed they aren't getting offline 

Devs already confirmed dedicated servers last year.

Devs already confirmed Uber Jason and Grendel Map.

Devs already confirmed taking 5 months to patch the game would fix issues.

Devs already confirmed a whole fucking lot that never happened and never will happen.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Tommy Callahan but his Dad once told him that a guarantee is just words on a box. You can print a guarantee on any box and take a shit in it but all you got is a box of shit. Guaranteed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Isn't that true for just about every game? I miss playing MGS4 online.

MGS4 has a singleplayer component that requires no online connectivity. This game's singleplayer is still tied to online, as far as I'm aware, and greatly restricts you if you play offline.