Should they release Uber Jason as is then work on bugs?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be released as is and fixed later?

• Yes
    • No just give up on the game

Looks to be in playable condition to me, look on YouTube all his leaked kills look fine to me. I doubt they unlock him, they knew this whole fiasco was coming and acted like there was no problem at all.

Yes. Supposedly he’s in the game and just needs to be released. Supposedly they have into end of June. I think they should release him, and then spend all their future time trying to fix all the bugs and issues. A bug free game could bring people back 

• Like 1

If hes already in the game and functional, then why not? It would soften the blow.

Nothing would make me happier than to see a release of Uber Jason before the month’s end. I beg you to just drop him and then fix him up later.

• Like 2

As per their press release, Uber is not coming.

”There will be no additional content added to Friday The 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason,” The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new counselors.”

I say just put him in the game, place a "developer" code that unlocks him, or unfix the patch fix for the PC community. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

”There will be no additional content added to Friday The 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason,” The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new counselors.”

Yeah I guess they already made the decision. Good luck with your future endeavors Gun and IllFonic, you guys might want to think about a new line of business because I along with others will never spend a dime on anything these companies release.

8 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

You are almost assuredly correct. It’s just massively frustrating considering he’s technically already in the game.

10 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

You are almost assuredly correct. It’s just massively frustrating considering he’s technically already in the game.

Not technically He IS in the game. Just not playable. He' in VC 2.0 so fuck all this technically bullshit. His model is in the game and can be unlocked for everyone's viewing pleasure in the virtual cabin. He is in the game, you need to just make him playable before you just fucking give up.

13 minutes ago, Evil said:

Not technically He IS in the game. Just not playable. He' in VC 2.0 so fuck all this technically bullshit. His model is in the game and can be unlocked for everyone's viewing pleasure in the virtual cabin. He is in the game, you need to just make him playable before you just fucking give up.

If you look on YouTube he is definitely in the files of the PC version along with 6 of his kills. I would assume he is in the files of the other 2 platform versions as well. They need to do the people who backed and supported this game a favor and unlock Uber Jason, soften this this huge blow. I don’t care about the Grendel map, other Jason characters don’t have thier maps in the game either.

Do this for the loyal fans and keep fixing the bugs that plague this game as well. @ShiftySamurai @wes

• Like 1

Hope Illfonic does a "Whoopsie-doodles!" in the next big patch of the game and "accidentally" releases Uber-Jason and then just says "well we can't remove him as that may introduce new bugs, guess he'll have to stay"

Uber Jason is part of the virutal cabin.

PC players had access to him and recorded proof that he is working as a playable Jason.

Technically he was already in the build of the game before news of the lawsuit.

He can be activated and turned on in a new patch because he already existed before the lawsuit was revised to include Friday The 13: The Game.

45 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Uber Jason is part of the virutal cabin.

PC players had access to him and recorded proof that he is working as a playable Jason.

Technically he was already in the build of the game before news of the lawsuit.

He can be activated and turned on in a new patch because he already existed before the lawsuit was revised to include Friday The 13: The Game.

I want to believe that but the pr junkets they sent out specifically name uber jayjay as canceled

2 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

Hope Illfonic does a "Whoopsie-doodles!" in the next big patch of the game and "accidentally" releases Uber-Jason and then just says "well we can't remove him as that may introduce new bugs, guess he'll have to stay"

ME TOO! I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!! This would be a great big "fuck you" to Victor Miller!

YES. From what I have seen, he seems fully functional except for some missing sound effects on a few kills. That is something they could fix later. They probably could not release a kill pack for sale, but they could at least put those kills in the game. Sort of a last hurrah. As someone who was immensely excited for Uber Jason, releasing him before it all ends would soften the blow a lot.

• Like 1

I for one would like to see him dropped in the game now and fixed later before the end of June.

22 minutes ago, Avanious said:

I for one would like to see him dropped in the game now and fixed later before the end of June.

Unfortunately it won't happen. Even Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle won't be putting out new content during this legal debacle, basically the franchise has been brought to an abrupt halt over this whole thing. "But Uber Jason is in the game, they just need to unlock him for the general public to play." Well, you're not wrong, but you're not right, either. Yes, technically he is in the game, he has his kills, we know this because of the hackers and completing the Virtual Cabin. But with the Friday the 13th franchise in limbo over the rights to the Jason Voorhees character, anything UNDER that franchise banner is prevented from being released until this whole thing is done with. And since this whole game is centered under Friday the 13th, that means no Uber Jason, no Grendel map, no new counselors (even if they have no similarities or connections to the films), no new clothing packs for counselors, no new game modes, no nothing. All they can do LEGALLY is bug fixes and glitch patches. They can't do anything NEW with the game because it's being disputed in courts of the legal rights of the Jason Voorhees character, which INCLUDES but is NOT limited to Uber Jason from Jason X, and even any "original" Jasons they may have had in mind to make down the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Unfortunately it won't happen. Even Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle won't be putting out new content during this legal debacle, basically the franchise has been brought to an abrupt halt over this whole thing. "But Uber Jason is in the game, they just need to unlock him for the general public to play." Well, you're not wrong, but you're not right, either. Yes, technically he is in the game, he has his kills, we know this because of the hackers and completing the Virtual Cabin. But with the Friday the 13th franchise in limbo over the rights to the Jason Voorhees character, anything UNDER that franchise banner is prevented from being released until this whole thing is done with. And since this whole game is centered under Friday the 13th, that means no Uber Jason, no Grendel map, no new counselors (even if they have no similarities or connections to the films), no new clothing packs for counselors, no new game modes, no nothing. All they can do LEGALLY is bug fixes and glitch patches. They can't do anything NEW with the game because it's being disputed in courts of the legal rights of the Jason Voorhees character, which INCLUDES but is NOT limited to Uber Jason from Jason X, and even any "original" Jasons they may have had in mind to make down the road.

There’s two and a half weeks left before this takes effect, why not give the players who backed the game and made these guys millions by unlocking Uber Jason which has been promised to us for over 6 months. Not to mention that the files are in the game, so this is not NEW content. The leaking of Uber Jason on PC should have never happened in the first place, it’s thier screw up. They should make this right and give it to everyone for having to put up with this crap, similar to the Retro Jason situation. Unlocking Uber Jason would create no legal issues at this time due to the fact that it was created when this game was not involved in this lawsuit.

1 hour ago, TheRaven said:

There’s two and a half weeks left before this takes effect, why not give the players who backed the game and made these guys millions by unlocking Uber Jason which has been promised to us for over 6 months. Not to mention that the files are in the game, so this is not NEW content. The leaking of Uber Jason on PC should have never happened in the first place, it’s thier screw up. They should make this right and give it to everyone for having to put up with this crap, similar to the Retro Jason situation. Unlocking Uber Jason would create no legal issues at this time due to the fact that it was created when this game was not involved in this lawsuit.

If you can't understand the legality behind the why they won't do this during this time when the franchise is basically at a standstill over the rights to the Jason character, then I don't know how I can explain it again and make it any plainer than I already have. They legally cannot release Uber Jason. That is just the long and the short of it. It doesn't matter that this Jason is in the game's data right now along with his buggy kills. It doesn't matter if they have anything in the works close to being done and also in the pipeline for release. They just can't. It's legal red tape, it has nothing to do with the backers and how much support they have. Some assholes decided to hack the game on PC for Uber Jason and that's Illfonic's fault? If someone steals your wallet, is that the victim's fault that it got stolen? It's not a question of "making it right by just releasing Uber Jason." They can't do it. Say it with me now, "they can't do it." I mean, not unless you WANT Gun/Illfonic to be sued over violating an injunction in the filed lawsuit of Moron vs Horror Inc.

32 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

If you can't understand the legality behind the why they won't do this during this time when the franchise is basically at a standstill over the rights to the Jason character, then I don't know how I can explain it again and make it any plainer than I already have. They legally cannot release Uber Jason. That is just the long and the short of it. It doesn't matter that this Jason is in the game's data right now along with his buggy kills. It doesn't matter if they have anything in the works close to being done and also in the pipeline for release. They just can't. It's legal red tape, it has nothing to do with the backers and how much support they have. Some assholes decided to hack the game on PC for Uber Jason and that's Illfonic's fault? If someone steals your wallet, is that the victim's fault that it got stolen? It's not a question of "making it right by just releasing Uber Jason." They can't do it. Say it with me now, "they can't do it." I mean, not unless you WANT Gun/Illfonic to be sued over violating an injunction in the filed lawsuit of Moron vs Horror Inc.

Ok, so will they be discontinuing any further sales of the game? because Gun/Ilfonic will still be profiting by the game being available to purchase. So if they were to unlock a regular pitchfork in the game for Jason to use, would that pose a problem? Because it’s in the current build of the game, just like Uber Jason and his kills are.

Btw, I have seen the kills and they do not look buggy to me, the only thing missing were the sounds, and I would bet they are in the game files too.

It's a massive shame, it really is. I was looking forward to Uber and the Grendel more than anything else really. It's unlikely we're going to get to see him, even though it appeared he wasn't far off being done. 

• Sad 1

It makes no real sense to me.  If all they are going to do is fix bugs, then they may as well release the guy and patch him later.  We already expected that to be happening anyways.  This community is used to the "release now, fix later" approach.  I don't see this release making any difference to that culture.

..also, I apologize for the duplicate thread earlier.  Not enough coffee in the system and I missed this thread.