@wes it's time to revive this concept. Get a new developer and get the project rolling. Your game, your rules, your rights, your content. 

Bad communication and another shitty, shady kickstarter? Count me in!

/s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Did we really need a thread for you to say that...?

I always said getting this franchise was a double edged sword for these guys.

It automatically gave them the audience and guaranteed sales Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp would have had to fight to get. But it also drove expectations far beyond what they're capable of, and unfortunately, they were never able to rise to the occasion.

But who knows...Maybe Summer Camp could have succeeded by its own merit, much like DbD has. They also would have had the luxury of developing solely on PC until they were actually ready for release on all platforms (again, like DbD, and like what Last Year: The Nightmare and Hide or Die are now doing - PC First, consoles when they can). Overall it would have been a lot better for the health of the game.

Becoming Friday the 13th made it so they had no choice but to release on all platforms to maximize profits, and licensed software doesn't typically go "early access", so they were also forced into a full retail release faster than they were ready for.

This is exactly why this game has been a glorified early access title since day 1. There are very, very few retail games that are this buggy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yup

I think we should give it some time and see what happens. This may be the situation now, but down the line things can change again. This is really only temporary until the lawsuit is over with. THEN we will know for sure what the fate of the game is. They are now forced to fix the problems with the game.

This is like the third time I'm saying this, but I feel like they focused on content in the past because they expected this to happen. They got everything they could into the game before it happened, and now they can focus on getting it all right. If they spent more time on fixing bugs before, we wouldn't have half the content they've added. Fixes can happen at any time, content (in this case) can't always be added.

Either way, give it some time.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I always said getting this franchise was a double edged sword for these guys.

It automatically gave them the audience and guaranteed sales Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp would have had to fight to get. But it also drove expectations far beyond what they're capable of, and unfortunately, they were never able to rise to the occasion.

But who knows...Maybe Summer Camp could have succeeded by its own merit, much like DbD has. They also would have had the luxury of developing solely on PC until they were actually ready for release on all platforms (again, like DbD, and like what Last Year: The Nightmare and Hide or Die are now doing - PC First, consoles when they can). Overall it would have been a lot better for the health of the game.

Becoming Friday the 13th made it so they had no choice but to release on all platforms to maximize profits, and licensed software doesn't typically go "early access", so they were also forced into a full retail release faster than they were ready for.

This is exactly why this game has been a glorified early access title since day 1. There are very, very few retail games that are this buggy. 

Yeah I always felt that it seemed that GunMedia and IllFonic had bit off way more then they could chew. I thought the Summer Camp vol 1 concept was pretty awesome. I was wondering where it went when I heard this game was going to be released. Then I read that Summer Camp became Friday the 13th and I thought it made sense if they landed the rights. Fast forward to today and I would have rather had summer camp. 

2 hours ago, Truth said:

I think we should give it some time and see what happens. This may be the situation now, but down the line things can change again. This is really only temporary until the lawsuit is over with. THEN we will know for sure what the fate of the game is. They are now forced to fix the problems with the game.

This is like the third time I'm saying this, but I feel like they focused on content in the past because they expected this to happen. They got everything they could into the game before it happened, and now they can focus on getting it all right. If they spent more time on fixing bugs before, we wouldn't have half the content they've added. Fixes can happen at any time, content (in this case) can't always be added.

We will be lucky if we get another fix patch or the dedicated servers. That's the truth Truth

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

We will be lucky if we get another fix patch or the dedicated servers. That's the truth Truth

So you think that a temporary situation is going to make them drop everything and abandon ship?

I guess I'm just an optimist, but I doubt they would do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I'm bummed, but I'm holding onto some hope that it will be sorted out and the new content eventually released. In the meantime, it's a good opportunity for the devs to focus solely on bug fixes, which I will assume they actually have the integrity to do (as opposed to cutting and running).

Honestly, we have all of the Paramount Jasons, a complete multiplayer game, single-player bot mode, single-player challenges, and weapon swapping. While Uber Jason/Grendel would have been nice, I'm not the biggest fan of that movie anyway so I won't shed any tears if we never get that content (although a sneaky release of at least Uber Jason would be nice). If nothing new ever comes out it will suck, but I'll find solace in the fact that pretty much everything that I'd want in the game is already there anyway.

As the great Albert Einstein once said...

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

So you think that a temporary situation is going to make them drop everything and abandon ship?

I guess I'm just an optimist, but I doubt they would do that.

Why? Do you know how much money goes into dedicated servers and patches? Why throw money at a game you can't even make new content for? It's over man. It's done. They will keep the servers up as long as the game has a player base and then that's all folks.

Now let's talk about a character called Prince Namor the Submariner. As some of you know Prince Namor is a Marvel character. He is the Prince of Atlantis. The film rights to this character went into legal limbo back in the 1950's. Marvel is STILL trying to get back those rights after all these years. This film series is fucked royally. 

3 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Why?

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I'm bummed, but I'm holding onto some hope that it will be sorted out and the new content eventually released. In the meantime, it's a good opportunity for the devs to focus solely on bug fixes, which I will assume they actually have the integrity to do (as opposed to cutting and running).

5 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Honestly, we have all of the Paramount Jasons, a complete multiplayer game, single-player bot mode, single-player challenges, and weapon swapping. While Uber Jason/Grendel would have been nice, I'm not the biggest fan of that movie anyway so I won't shed any tears if we never get that content (although a sneaky release of at least Uber Jason would be nice). If nothing new ever comes out it will suck, but I'll find solace in the fact that pretty much everything that I'd want in the game is already there anyway.

As the great Albert Einstein once said...

Sorry man if we even get one more patch we will be lucky. It's just not good business sense to throw money at a dead game. I went through this with Mass Effect Andromeda. This game is toast. If Gun was smart they will revive their original idea and roll with it.

Why? Do you know how much money goes into dedicated servers and patches? Why throw money at a game you can't even make new content for? It's over man. It's done. They will keep the servers up as long as the game has a player base and then that's all folks.

Now let's talk about a character called Prince Namor the Submariner. As some of you know Prince Namor is a Marvel character. He is the Prince of Atlantis. The film rights to this character went into legal limbo back in the 1950's. Marvel is STILL trying to get back those rights after all these years. This film series is fucked royally. 

In all fairness, does anyone give a shit about Namor, a half-naked dude with little wings on his feet? There's way more money to be made with Jason, and money can speed up the process. If Marvel seriously wanted Namor's film rights back, they'd make it happen like they did when they got the Spider-Man film rights back from Sony.

Yes if they want to do  summer camp I would definitely put some money in on that as long as it's same concept as Friday the 13th game.

• Like 1

Sorry man if we even get one more patch we will be lucky. It's just not good business sense to throw money at a dead game. I went through this with Mass Effect Andromeda. This game is toast. If Gun was smart they will revive their original idea and roll with it.

Again, we'll see. If anything, it will be a PR issue if they don't stick around. It will weigh heavily on Gun's next game if they develop a rep of dumping their products at the drop of a hat. "Why they fuck should I buy Game X, if anything happens Gun will drop it like it had AIDS."

Just now, Dolemite said:

In all fairness, does anyone give a shit about Namor, a half-naked dude with little wings on his feet? There's way more money to be made with Jason, and money can speed up the process. If Marvel seriously wanted Namor's film rights back, they'd make it happen like they did when they got the Spider-Man film rights back from Sony.

Your right Namor is not a top character. But I mentioned him to prove how long these things can get dragged out. Marvel has been trying to get the film rights back for Namor for nearly seventy years after the film production company who owned them went out of business. With the rights in legal limbo they can't get em. And Marvel didn't get the rights to Spider-Man back. Anything Marvel Studios does with Peter Parker has been in partnership with Sony.

7 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Your right Namor is not a top character. But I mentioned him to prove how long these things can get dragged out. Marvel has been trying to get the film rights back for Namor for nearly seventy years after the film production company who owned them went out of business. With the rights in legal limbo they can't get em.

Yeah, I know how sticky these things can be. Take the System Shock series for example. People wanted sites like Steam/GOG to release System Shock 2 on modern platforms for ages but the rights to the game were tied up with several legal entities after the original dev/publisher went under. It was only recently ironed out and the overall rights acquired by Nightdive Studios (who, of course, re-released SS2 are are working on other games in the series), but it took forever. Not 70 years, but forever. But again, if someone wants to fix a disputed rights situation badly enough - and if they have enough money - they can do it. I mean, Marvel has fucking Disney money now. If Namor was somehow vital to the future of the MCU, they'd have him, believe me. 

7 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

And Marvel didn't get the rights to Spider-Man back. Anything Marvel Studios does with Peter Parker has been in partnership with Sony.

I knew you'd say this. :) What I meant is that Marvel currently has shared movie rights/creative control with Sony over Spider-Man. Spider-Man appears in MCU movies now. That's all that matters.

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Yeah, I know how sticky these things can be. Take the System Shock series for example. People wanted sites like Steam/GOG to release System Shock 2 on modern platforms for ages but the rights to the game were tied up with several legal entities after the original dev/publisher went under. It was only recently ironed out and the overall rights acquired by Nightdive Studios (who, of course, re-released SS2 are are working on other games in the series), but it took forever. Not 70 years, but forever. But again, if someone wants to fix a disputed rights situation badly enough - and if they have enough money - they can do it. I mean, Marvel has fucking Disney money now. If Namor was somehow vital to the future of the MCU, they'd have him, believe me. 

I knew you'd say this, lol. Marvel currently has shared movie rights/creative control with Sony over Spider-Man. Spider-Man appears in MCU movies now. That's all that matters.

I would love it if this wasn't going to take decades to sort out. But I just don't see it happening. And abandoning dead games is a staple of the industry. Your right when it might hurt Gun in the short term because they aren't as big as EA but throwing money at dead games isn't good for business. 

A Summer Camp game would be great if they could get things right the second time around. It would also give them many more creative opportunities to do different killers, characters, clothing, maps, etc. 

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

@wes it's time to revive this concept. Get a new developer and get the project rolling. Your game, your rules, your rights, your content. 

They already have the basis to create a game. Only better developers are needed.

Well, I'm sure they are already thinking about this because they will need to make something else big or else they are going to go belly up and take the F13 game with them.

1 minute ago, samination said:

Well, I'm sure they are already thinking about this because they will need to make something else big or else they are going to go belly up and take the F13 game with them.

They have that other game they announced a few months ago that they'll probably work on.