wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

Well.. Now we know this isn't a prank.. Oh well lol, time to move on. 

I will refuse to think the game is dead, stop saying RIP: Friday the 13th Game, i will still play this game even with the glitches and bug and no more DLC, i will take this to my grave, i will fight for it even i can't do anything about the lawsuit, but guys we have to keep playing this game hoping that the court will end soon. Any things we can help just ask man, i know i can't do much but i'm willing to help !!

4 hours ago, Avanious said:

Please don't just permanently call it quits. Yeah, I can understand that you guys have to put future content updates on hold but just don't flat out say they'll never be new content added ever again. Just wait and see how this Lawsuit Settlement drama pans out first. I don't care if I have to wait a year for new content. As long as bugs are getting fixed and proper moderation over those who misbehave in the game are being dealt out, a lot of us who are patient are cool with it.

YES ? GAWD ? PREACH ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This was definitely disappointing to hear about. I only just picked up the game this year after backing the kickstarter and forgetting about it. I didn't get to experience much and future DLC content is already being indefinitely put off. ?

Nevertheless, I'd honestly be way happier with you guys fixing the game instead of rushing out new content. Though, I see one big flaw with all this, and it feels like more of an excuse. You guys are cutting the cord on new content indefinitely, which could mean even after the lawsuit has been said and done. Then what of Uber Jason? I could care less about the Grendel, but Uber Jason is clearly finished. The video leaks, the kill leaks, the .DLL DLC unlocker unlocking him for a few weeks...I just don't get it. All you need to do is finish adding the sound effects and he's literally ready for action. This lawsuit is actually no excuse for quite a few reasons.

1.) He's finished. You could literally release him in a patch next week if you guys wanted to. 
2.) The lawsuit would only effect DLC content added post June, aka July 1st of 2018. The character is already finished, so there isn't a need for it to take that long to release him.
3.) He's already in the game. Technically speaking, you guys have already added to him to the game, as we've seen full gameplay footage and some hackers have even had access to him, so finishing the SFX on his kills and unlocking him to the public is technically patching what is already in-game content, and could easily go by in a legal scenario, especially considering the fact that Mr. Miller has barely any ground to stand on for this lawsuit, and is more than likely going through this vicious effort for the publicity rather than him actually caring about the rights.

I am personally a-okay with the halt of future DLC content until this is fully handled, as long as you actually do intend to fix the bugs and don't just abandon this game like truly horrible developers, however, deciding to keep Uber Jason unreleased to the public when he is a clearly finished character is very foolish, a waste of everyone's time, and honestly just a shitty thing of you guys to do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, al1ve said:

This was definitely disappointing to hear about. I only just picked up the game this year after backing the kickstarter and forgetting about it. I didn't get to experience much and future DLC content is already being indefinitely put off. ?

Nevertheless, I'd honestly be way happier with you guys fixing the game instead of rushing out new content. Though, I see one big flaw with all this, and it feels like more of an excuse. You guys are cutting the cord on new content indefinitely, which could mean even after the lawsuit has been said and done. Then what of Uber Jason? I could care less about the Grendel, but Uber Jason is clearly finished. The video leaks, the kill leaks, the .DLL DLC unlocker unlocking him for a few weeks...I just don't get it. All you need to do is finish adding the sound effects and he's literally ready for action. This lawsuit is actually no excuse for quite a few reasons.

1.) He's finished. You could literally release him in a patch next week if you guys wanted to. 
2.) The lawsuit would only effect DLC content added post June, aka July 1st of 2018. The character is already finished, so there isn't a need for it to take that long to release him.
3.) He's already in the game. Technically speaking, you guys have already added to him to the game, as we've seen full gameplay footage and some hackers have even had access to him, so finishing the SFX on his kills and unlocking him to the public is technically patching what is already in-game content, and could easily go by in a legal scenario, especially considering the fact that Mr. Miller has barely any ground to stand on for this lawsuit, and is more than likely going through this vicious effort for the publicity rather than him actually caring about the rights.

I am personally a-okay with the halt of future DLC content until this is fully handled, as long as you actually do intend to fix the bugs and don't just abandon this game like truly horrible developers, however, deciding to keep Uber Jason unreleased to the public when he is a clearly finished character is very foolish, a waste of everyone's time, and honestly just a shitty thing of you guys to do.

Preach, brother!

No offense but dbd team should create whole friday the 13th: game and made it perfect but i hope the fans, jason and sean cunningham helping the owner of this game and stop the lawsuit

1 hour ago, MrCatFun21 said:

No offense but dbd team should create whole friday the 13th: game and made it perfect but i hope the fans, jason and sean cunningham helping the owner of this game and stop the lawsuit

Huh? What? In English please. 

4 hours ago, tinysquirrel said:

*cut for length*

I'm with you, man. Right there with you. I have faith, and a lot of patience, something a lot of these so-called "veterans" don't have. If the game goes down, yeah, that's a real shame. But you better bet your bottom dollar I'll be going to each person on here who said dedicated servers would never happen, and when they do go live I'll be like, "you may now eat your words." :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, al1ve said:

Agreed.

16 hours ago, wes said:

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. We're still sorting through the pieces while trying to shove our hearts back into our chests. Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will.

We CAN work on bugs, balance, performance, optimizations and of course dedicated servers. That's what ILLFONIC are doing as we speak. Sorry, I don't have more to share at this time, but I didn't want total silence on this topic.

This really sucks. I need a drink.

-W 

So, refund my money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sznetke said:

So, refund my money.

I understand people are angry that their investment in the game (whether Kickstarter or store bought) appears to have been frozen. But that is in no way attributed to IIIFonic or Gun Media who poured their hearts and souls into this.

If people want to throw in the towel and let lawyers dictate what they can and can’t play then march on down to your place of purchase and say you were unsatisfied. It must feel so good to be right! (Clerks) While taking cash away from the creative teams that are actively trying to keep the game alive, great strategy!

The amount of fun I’ve experienced through this incredible game has already well paid for my admission price.

I’m going to stick it out in this funhouse and keep playing until the lights go out.

This will go down as one of the biggest crashes and burns in video game history. Granted, nothing you can do about the lawsuit, but the rest?

I'm trying to think of anything in recent times that even compares really.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

This will go down as one of the biggest crashes and burns in video game history. Granted, nothing you can do about the lawsuit, but the rest?

Battlefront 2's outcry is much worse and deserved. They waited 5 months to release skins and a few game modes(no one plays) while having broken weapon mechanics accompanied with op hero abilities which made it very unfun to play with. Mind you, this is a triple a  multi-billion dollar company.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mawlock said:

Huh? What? In English please. 

No, speak, english please

Wow...……

I said many times before how I love the game and how it changed my life. Now I heard About this motherfucking Bullshit again and see what an fucking assholian , betraying whore life is.

I fucking hate it.

I fucking hate Life.

I raged so hard and my fucking brain and Body collapsed , when I heard this. Like a fucking seizure. 

I knew how fucked I will get now and depressed.

I wouldn´t be the same Person I am today , if it wasn´t for this game. It lead to so many Connections.

……..but thanks to you guys , I found out that not all hope is lost. Thank you.

You guys don´t know how you lighted up my day with your reasons and Knowledge.

I just hope everything will become normal again. Who knows , Maybe this will Change Things to the better with bug fixes and all that and we will Keep an consistent playerbase.

I would have gotten into a much worse state.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Uh no...Duke Nukem Forever will forever hold that crown.

why not open the game to the modders or change the game name, maybe a map editor maybe a petition all this things can bring back the game to life, let us revive the game, the community as the power to do that, we are fan we are loyal to you illfonic and gunmedia, Jason can't be dead, he always revive himself and the game should be the same, thanks to you illfonic and gunmedia

• Like 1

Just now, Elric14 said:

why not open the game to the modders or change the game name, maybe a map editor maybe a petition all this things can bring back the game to life, let us revive the game, the community as the power to do that, we are fan we are loyal to you illfonic and gunmedia, Jason can't be dead, he always revive himself and the game should be the same, thanks to you illfonic and gunmedia

Changing the name wouldn't help I don't think with the maps being named after places in the movies and how on spot they look it's easy to tell they would be using the likeness from the movies. So changing the game name wouldn't work unless they only used maps from Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X, which they would have to make then get rid of Crystal Lake, Higgins, Packanack, Jarvis and Pinehurst. After that I think they would have to remove every Jason expect Part 9 and Uber Jason. Next Tommy would have to go along with Mitch, Shelly and Fox since those counselors were named and based off the actual movies. I could be wrong though but I remember reading the movies with "Jason" in name weren't in the lawsuit, unless it changed now. But that's basically what they would have to do if they wanted to change this game to the Jason movies not in the lawsuit. 

To be quite honest I think all of us kickstarter backers should file a lawsuit against Victor Miller. I'm sure we could find grounds to do so and I have been looking into such things. Sure, such a lawsuit would probably be as pointless as the one he's pursuing but I'd like to think that having 10,000+ people filing s joint suit against you might make you think twice about the tree you're barking up.

21 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's still there. They just never put it on the game's main store page so you have to search for the DLC.

WTF, well thats why i never saw the new content on pc.. Thanks man!

Why not change the name of the game, make Jason Jason Leeds(the modern Jersey Devil), and change the names of the maps? Most of the buildings that were used in the earlier movies that are in the game were actual places so should be no problem to use their image. It’d be like when Disney went after Howard the Duck so they made him look like a mouse to fall under parody.

Check the date. That article is from last year. Miller filed a new claim that includes this game very recently. Sorry.