wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

Unless Wes or someone comes on here and says that they may make new stuff in the future if/when the lawsuit is settled, then all i can take is what they have already said in the release and that there will no longer be dlc for this game. It doesn’t say on hold. It doesn’t say until things are worked out. It says there won’t be anymore. Period. So unless they come out and admit otherwise, it’s done. My guess is they’ll release a small patch or two that won’t amount to much but will give the appearance they are trying. And then they will move onto another project all the while blaming the lawsuit for the reason they couldn’t give us the true product that we deserved. 

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This community astounds me sometimes.

"All content now and future has been canceled" is a polite way of saying that the game is dead. But there's still some people..

giphy.gif

Lmao I’m almost died seeing this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Unless Wes or someone comes on here and says that they may make new stuff in the future if/when the lawsuit is settled, then all i can take is what they have already said in the release and that there will no longer be dlc for this game. It doesn’t say on hold. It doesn’t say until things are worked out. It says there won’t be anymore. Period. So unless they come out and admit otherwise, it’s done. My guess is they’ll release a small patch or two that won’t amount to much but will give the appearance they are trying. And then they will move onto another project all the while blaming the lawsuit for the reason they couldn’t give us the true product that we deserved. 

Whatever that next project is, I can't see it being successful.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Whatever that next project is, I can't see it being successful.

Why?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lurdiak said:

Why?

Because, handed a goldmine, they spent most of two years tripping over their dicks to present a partially functional game; where are they going to get with a property whose only value is the animus the developers created in their prior attempt?

• Thanks 2

Just now, SDA said:

Because, handed a goldmine, they spent most of two years tripping over their dicks to present a partially functional game; where are they going to get with a property whose only value is the animus the developers created in their prior attempt?

Oh, so it's just wishful thinking from bitter fools. Got it. I thought there might be an actual reason that a small developer that made a very profitable game on a shoestring budget might have issues in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So this new update didn’t ruin the game? Yes. It did. It’s the worst it’s ever been. And now it may be permanently stuck that way. 

Didn't you read what devs said about continuing bugfixes etc. By releasing the new content, we at least got it (new councillor, single player challenges, Jason weapon switching etc.). Now they can fix the bugs that people are complaining about. 

1 minute ago, Lurdiak said:

Why?

They failed a lot of backers and fans with this game. One year later the game is still a mess and backers never got all items they purchased during the kickstarter. It seems like a chore to get devs to honestly listen to fans, where other games devs actually listen and take action right away. I love this game and it has so much potential, but the way this game is handled is horrible. 

Just now, Lurdiak said:

Oh, so it's just wishful thinking from bitter fools. Got it. I thought there might be an actual reason that a small developer that made a very profitable game on a shoestring budget might have issues in the future.

I've got a bridge for you. Gotta buy sight unseen, though. Real good bridge, I promise.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

A shoestring budget provided by backers, built on a license they were given for free. Dead a year later.

• Like 4

I read the entire lawsuit and still can't figure out how Miller thinks he has a case.

3 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

lol...if you're silly enough to think that people won't see the names "Gun Media" or "illfonic" and approach with caution...yeesh!

I'm not saying I'll never buy a game from them again. But I won't back it, and I won't be the guinea pig for it, either. Lessons learned.

Has nothing to do with "bitter fools" and everything to do with track record. Google Gun Media, Illfonic, reviews for Friday the 13th: The Game, and explain to me how a smart consumer sees this as a smart purchase...I'll wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

They failed a lot of backers and fans with this game. One year later the game is still a mess and backers never got all items they purchased during the kickstarter. It seems like a chore to get devs to honestly listen to fans, where other games devs actually listen and take action right away. I love this game and it has so much potential, but the way this game is handled is horrible. 

Well... OR one could also say that the way this game is being trash-talked by whiny players who always prefer complaining before anything else is horrible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

A shoestring budget provided by backers, built on a license they were given for free. Dead a year later.

Dead because of a lawsuit against the rights holder. Or did you miss that part?

5 minutes ago, SDA said:

I've got a bridge for you. Gotta buy sight unseen, though. Real good bridge, I promise.

I'm very sorry to tell you this, but this game not being up to your expectations doesn't make it a scam.

I love seeing all the legal experts here and people that can see the future.  Can one of them tell me the winning lotto numbers?  This sucks, but people who are saying the game is dead, great!  Move on.  Either be patient and wait for updates to fix the game, and MAYBE see future content, or really just fuck off.  Its really fucking annoying reading the same shadenfreudes on here.  Bitching and being irritable isn't gonna fix anything.  Crying me a river over a freaking game.  Rub one out and feel better.  Anyway, as an Xbox player, ill see how bad it is before I continue to play or just wait for a new update.  I for one wont bitch on here, ill find something else to do or play until things are figured out.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

I love seeing all the legal experts here and people that can see the future.  Can one of them tell me the winning lotto numbers?  This sucks, but people who are saying the game is dead, great!  Move on.  Either be patient and wait for updates to fix the game, and MAYBE see future content, or really just fuck off.  Its really fucking annoying reading the same shadenfreudes on here.  Bitching and being irritable isn't gonna fix anything.  Crying me a river over a freaking game.  Rub one out and feel better.  Anyway, as an Xbox player, ill see how bad it is before I continue to play or just wait for a new update.  I for one wont bitch on here, ill find something else to do or play until things are figured out.  

I love how feedback (you know, the very PURPOSE OF A FORUM) is seen as "bitching" or "crying". What do you expect the forum to be? A bunch of "I like this game! Good job!" threads?

You think people ever call those numbers on food boxes to tell them how much they love the product? No. They call to tell them what's wrong with it.

Feedback, by it's very nature, is typically 90% negative and 10% positive. People aren't inclined to give any feedback if it's good. They'll just show their satisfaction by returning to said product.

If the game was good. People would be playing it. People are giving their feedback because they'd like to be playing it, but can't enjoy it for whatever reason.

So thanks for liking the game, and playing, and being a part of the community. But you're really not helping anything with your post. Telling people to "stop bitching" on a platform essentially made for "bitching" is just odd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thats true, but like you and most people on here where i'd guess that 90% of your 3k posts are bitching and complaining, its annoying after a while to read.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Thats true, but like you and most people on here where i'd guess that 90% of your 3k posts are bitching and complaining, its annoying after a while to read.

Please let me know where they're holding you, and we'll send a team to free you from the kidnappers forcing you to read this forum.

• Haha 2

Just now, SDA said:

Please let me know where they're holding you, and we'll send a team to free you from the kidnappers forcing you to read this forum.

Haha! That's so witty!  For all the bitching everyone else does who's lives have been ruined by this game, they're still here too instead of just leaving?

I appreciate there's not a whole lot else to add, but please let's avoid flaming each other like this.

If anyone's feeling that hot about things, maybe just take a break for a bit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Haha! That's so witty!  For all the bitching everyone else does who's lives have been ruined by this game, they're still here too instead of just leaving?

You might find me complaining about the game in the game forum, they literally have a feedback section.

You will never find me complaining about the time I spent in the forum on the forum, that would be dumb.

29 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...if you're silly enough to think that people won't see the names "Gun Media" or "illfonic" and approach with caution...yeesh!

I'm not saying I'll never buy a game from them again. But I won't back it, and I won't be the guinea pig for it, either. Lessons learned.

Has nothing to do with "bitter fools" and everything to do with track record. Google Gun Media, Illfonic, reviews for Friday the 13th: The Game, and explain to me how a smart consumer sees this as a smart purchase...I'll wait.

You might not be saying it but I will. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER even buy a game made by Illfonic. I might from Gun Media...but I will sure as hell wait until the game has been out and the reviews are positive for the developer. Forget about ever backing a game of theirs. They've messed up for life on that one. So that makes 3 on my list. EA Games, Illfonic and Ubisoft.

dunno bout yall but im just about ready to wrap this all up. i have been majorly let down when they locked weapon swap behind level 113 and decided to stop playing there anyway as that was one of the dumbest decisions ive seen in game dev yet. kinda like taking grand theft auto and locking the ability to commit grand theft auto behind rank 250. i lost all hope for this game there. then they didnt even release the pjs costumes either. kept a lot of multiplayer compatible singleplayer challenges kills in sp challenges only cuz MUH PRIVILIGE MUH LOCKING EVERYTHING BEHIND SHIT THAT NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE / PLAY ANYWAY

maybe, just maybe, well be lucky enough to have the devs learn from the shit they pulled and deliver a PROPER slasher game. im just hoping they wrap this all up and make what they originally planned to make, slasher vol 1 summercamp or what the fuck they wanted to call it. i think a lot of the game was terrible and the devs did a lot of shit wrong because of the pressure of having such a huge iconic franchise such as f13 on their hands. i imagine if this game kept its original slasher setting with an original killer it would have been even funnier too. the devs would have had way more freedom with everything including the ability to add killers with several different abilities and different killers and shit too. they were very restricted with this franchise and they just arent able enough as game developers to get around that and produce a nonetheless fully fun and bug free and varied slasher game. shoulda left an f13 franchise game to more competent devs tbh