wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

30 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

They do, actually. In pursuant to Victor Miller's termination of copywrite claim, he demands compensation for all Jason derivative content created after June 2018. Depending on how  the District Court of Connecticut decides the case, that could mean he (miller) might be entitled to compensation for any and all content created AFTER that date. Not knowing whether he filed an injunction against Illfonic/Gun, its possible Gun is airing on the side of caution not to cause a legal headache later.

You just contradicted yourself. They would have until the end of the month, by that statement. 

Fucking terrible... I backed this game, and have played it religiously almost every day for a whole year. PLEASE tell me there is SOMEthing you can do to change this... Otherwise, we know that this means the death of the game. There won't be any revenue going forward to keep the servers open for much longer...

I am truly depressed about this...

Sooo, fix the game

People saying all we need is bug fixes, after that we'll get burnt out by this game.

It would basically be a game I play for a day or two then wouldn't touch for year, people say that whenever patches released that gamers would return, but that's because of the content the patches included or an engine update, once we get dedicated servers and people play uninterrupted until their minds are burnt out then the player base will go down, that's only because the small amount of maps, if we had 20+ maps and the game didn't update anymore then people would play 

• Thanks 1

I suggest everyone equip this item from their inventory. Its gonna get messy.

assualt-plunger-240x180.jpg

23 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

You just contradicted yourself. They would have until the end of the month, by that statement. 

I'm not sure the exact timing of when copywrite claim would take effect.

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So this new update didn’t ruin the game? Yes. It did. It’s the worst it’s ever been. And now it may be permanently stuck that way. 

Hyperbole much? The game is still very much playable. There is no reason to think the game will be stuck this way - if anything this stoppage of new features will allow them to actually focus on fixing bugs/glitches (which has already been stated as a result by those in the know). Over-reaction, hyperbole, and absolute pessimism seem to be rampant here on these forums. They are neither logical nor conducive to an actual conversation. 

• Like 1

Gun is in the business of making money at the end of the day, thats the bottom line. This severely hurts their chances are doing that, not just because they can't make dlc for money, but the fact that less people will buy it, knowing that they isn't anything in the pipeline. At some point they were going to have to stop supporting the game, that's just a fact. This news will has just upped the timeline from whenever to probably a few months sadly. Why would you put resources and money into something when you aren't getting the returns anymore?

Hopefully we get a decent working version of the game before it's killed off, because, man the idea was there, the gameplay was good, when it worked as intended.

23 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

People saying all we need is bug fixes, after that we'll get burnt out by this game.

It would basically be a game I play for a day or two then wouldn't touch for year, people say that whenever patches released that gamers would return, but that's because of the content the patches included or an engine update, once we get dedicated servers and people play uninterrupted until their minds are burnt out then the player base will go down, that's only because the small amount of maps, if we had 20+ maps and the game didn't update anymore then people would play 

Assuming this will be a long hiatus of no new content is rather assumptive without any basis of information. No one knows how long this will impact the game. For all we know they spend 3 months on fixing stuff and then a month later everything gets settled and they can start creating/releasing new content. I do not think they are going to scrap the work they have done on Uber Jason or Grendel map... so once the issue/lawsuit is resolved it could be a short time before we see any new content.

This "end is near" attitude is way too presumptuous when no one knows anything. I choose to have a more level headed response to this and a "wait and see" attitude instead of calling for the death of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Hyperbole much? The game is still very much playable. There is no reason to think the game will be stuck this way - if anything this stoppage of new features will allow them to actually focus on fixing bugs/glitches (which has already been stated as a result by those in the know). Over-reaction, hyperbole, and absolute pessimism seem to be rampant here on these forums. They are neither logical nor conducive to an actual conversation. 

The game might be playable but for how long? Realism is running throughout the forums not pessimism. Even if the devs continue bug fixes and add dedicated servers to consoles it’s only a matter of time before they can no longer afford to run the servers. Not only that who knows what the player base will look like in the next coming weeks. F13 wasn’t exactly dominating the gaming market. The game is on it’s death bed there is nothing anyone ca do about it. It sucks but that’s life. I don’t mean to be brash but come on we can only go so far.

3 hours ago, wes said:

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. We're still sorting through the pieces while trying to shove our hearts back into our chests. Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will.

We CAN work on bugs, balance, performance, optimizations and of course dedicated servers. That's what ILLFONIC are doing as we speak. Sorry, I don't have more to share at this time, but I didn't want total silence on this topic.

This really sucks. I need a drink.

-W 

All I can say is that I am so, so sorry. I am devastated to hear this. I can only imagine how you guys feel, having your passion project ended by that greedy asshole. I'll still be playing. Thank you guys for all the hard work.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

The game might be playable but for how long? Realism is running throughout the forums not pessimism. Even if the devs continue bug fixes and add dedicated servers to consoles it’s only a matter of time before they can no longer afford to run the servers. Not only that who knows what the player base will look like in the next coming weeks. F13 wasn’t exactly dominating the gaming market. The game is on it’s death bed there is nothing anyone ca do about it. It sucks but that’s life. I don’t mean to be brash but come on we can only go so far.

Again... NO ONE knows how long we will have to wait for new content. It could be 3 months...or 3 years. As I have previously stated... the longer it takes then obviously the longer the game is at risk. In the meantime however I truly believe a lot of people will continue to play; especially with bug fixes that make the game more playable. 

the point is the news is out there that for the foreseeable future there wont be content, and that alone is going to drop the playerbase, keep people from coming back. This news hurts the game right now more than a lot of you want to realize or admit. The broken big update after almost half a year, the horrible patch to try and fix that, plus this news, has the game on the ropes even more so than before.

5 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Again... NO ONE knows how long we will have to wait for new content. It could be 3 months...or 3 years. As I have previously stated... the longer it takes then obviously the longer the game is at risk. In the meantime however I truly believe a lot of people will continue to play; especially with bug fixes that make the game more playable. 

Sis this lawsuit has been going on since 2016 technically before the game even released. Aside from that there is a lot of legal technicalities at play with the f13 license that need to be ironed out. I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Even Gun themselves pretty much said the game was indefinitely suspended. Their statement wasn’t open ended. The player count numbers fluctuate constantly, whenever we have a peak it’s usually when new content arrives...which won’t happen again... FOREVER.

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Sis this lawsuit has been going on since 2016 technically before the game even released. Aside from that there is a lot of legal technicalities at play with the f13 license that need to be ironed out. I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Even Gun themselves pretty much said the game was indefinitely suspended. Their statement wasn’t open ended. The player count numbers fluctuate constantly, whenever we have a peak it’s usually when new content arrives...which won’t happen again... FOREVER.

Again.. no one knows...and your hyperbolic assumption of "FOREVER" is just that... hyperbole. You can continue to think what you want...I on the other hand will go at this with a more level headed and rational outlook and await further information as it is communicated. 

Wow...this is definitely sad news. From what I’m reading, concerning the recent update is sad, yet they still want to make it right, gameplay wise. Which I appreciate very much!  How long that will take...no one knows. It’s great, that the devs will continue to fix the game, add dedicated servers to consoles...etc. No one knows, how long this case will drag on...I’ll still be playing it though. We can only hope for the best right now. 

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Rip F13: the game. Showed promise and potential but was cut short by a law suit and an amateur development team.

good summary

it's a shame

7 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Again.. no one knows...and your hyperbolic assumption of "FOREVER" is just that... hyperbole. You can continue to think what you want...I on the other hand will go at this with a more level headed and rational outlook and await further information as it is communicated. 

Then get disappointed 🤷‍♀

31 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Assuming this will be a long hiatus of no new content is rather assumptive without any basis of information. No one knows how long this will impact the game. For all we know they spend 3 months on fixing stuff and then a month later everything gets settled and they can start creating/releasing new content. I do not think they are going to scrap the work they have done on Uber Jason or Grendel map... so once the issue/lawsuit is resolved it could be a short time before we see any new content.

This "end is near" attitude is way too presumptuous when no one knows anything. I choose to have a more level headed response to this and a "wait and see" attitude instead of calling for the death of the game. 

No offense but when a developer says they're not adding new content ever again, you should probably believe them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Then get disappointed 🤷‍♀

This community astounds me sometimes.

"All content now and future has been canceled" is a polite way of saying that the game is dead. But there's still some people..

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I at least want to know what was cancelled so I can imagine what could've been.

This news sucks, I hope we get a spiritual successor to F13: The Game, at least then they don't have any limits on what they can create.