wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

Seems like the Part 2 kill pack was removed from Steam's Store.  Can't find it.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Why can’t Jason X be released??? First, he’s already in the game. We all know that. Second, HE’S NOT FROM A FRIDAY THE 13TH FILM! That’s why it was titled “Jason X”. There’s no legal reason not to release him. 

It could because this game is a "Friday the 13th" property. 

• Like 1

I know not everyone is diggin Wes' response so allow me to bring in a guest speaker on his behalf

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Thatguyinktown A guy can dream, right?

Right? Imagine my surprise when I discovered I am an optimist at heart. I mean, I'm sure this is just Broken Window Fallacy, but maybe this unintentional develop break could help shore up the existing game? I'm sure they don't want to cut loose an investment this long in development.

27 minutes ago, wes said:

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. 

Yeahhh kinda sucks that there was so many bugs and bullshit going on with your game that you had to keep delaying things to get it right...

Now it's too late for the content that was promised,and the game still isn't fucking right.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Seems like the Part 2 kill pack was removed from Steam's Store.  Can't find it.

It's still there. They just never put it on the game's main store page so you have to search for the DLC.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

It could because this game is a "Friday the 13th" property. 

Then they would have to kill the game right now by that logic. 

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Right? Imagine my surprise when I discovered I am an optimist at heart. I mean, I'm sure this is just Broken Window Fallacy, but maybe this unintentional develop break could help shore up the existing game? I'm sure they don't want to cut loose an investment this long in development.

I said it in the other thread, I think they focused so much on content BECAUSE of this. They knew it was a possibility, so they pumped out all that they could before it happened. Get it in the game now, fix it when we can.

I'm disappointed like everyone here but have enjoyed the game and was here from the start of the kickstarter campaign. The way I look at it is that it took several years to get from Nintendo Jason to the current Jason and I'm thankful for that. I will still play the game and will hope for a future resolution for future DLC but if it doesn't happen then I still think they made a pretty decent enjoyable game.

@John Wick

Well they're already technically in the game. Retro is there and active, but Uber is hidden right now. That's why PC players were able to hack him. So they wouldn't really be adding content, just modifying existing content.

27 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Cute Pr response. Welp

Anyone excited for any new games coming out?

Thank God Jurassic World Evolution comes out in exactly nine hours lol. 

I thought i read a while back that this lawsuit wasn't going to effect the F13 game, what changed?

1 minute ago, The Sandman said:

I thought i read a while back that this lawsuit wasn't going to effect the F13 game, what changed?

The lawsuit.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will put all their effort to fixing bugs now. Make the game playable.  

The core game is still fun. Fix the bugs, and people will stick around.  

1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

Hopefully they will put all their effort to fixing bugs now. Make the game playable.  

There’s no reason for them to do that though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Who for illfonic to fix bugs, or People to stick around?

I plan to play this game for as long as I can. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Why not? Just because they can't add more content right now, doesn't mean this is permanent.

7 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Playable or bugged, the game needs new content and maps.

Is there any way around this lawsuit? I understand Millet wrote the first script but he didn't write the entire series, so I don't see how he holds the rights to the series

• Thanks 1

We can live without new content for a while as long as the most serious bugs are fixed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

For those looking for the original court filing of HORROR INC, MANNY COMPANY v VICTOR MILLER from 2016, its right here in it's 17 page entirety: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3034739-friday13.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/friday-13th-rights-at-stake-922911

Based on what I skimmed through, Victor Millers argument holds no weight and is in fact a "...disingenuous money grab". I think we can all rest easy, as its only a matter of time before Mr Miller expends his resources on this affair.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Then they would have to kill the game right now by that logic. 

Like they fucking haven't been with all these screw ups?

1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

What @Charlie Chainsaw is saying is there is no reason for them to devote time to fixes or dedicated servers because they run a business.

A business is only established to make money.

They can't make money without releasing new content.

They can't solely rely on game sales because the majority of people who wanted the game already bought it and with word spreading about how the game is still mostly broken after a year, sales are slowing down.

They NEED DLC to make money.

No new content = No more money

No more Money = No reason to work on it anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Why not? Just because they can't add more content right now, doesn't mean this is permanent.

Because they can’t make any money off it anymore now. 

5 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

If they 100% focus on bugs, then the issues with bugs and etc would be done, what happens to the team then when they don't release anymore content? I don't think they're gonna keep paying the team to stick around in case the lawsuit ends which we don't know when.