wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

As soon as this lawsuit is settled I expect new content.  I'm an original kickstarter backer.  This game should not be abandoned.  There are way too many people that care.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You'd have better chances squeezing blood from a stone.

How is that?  I've been out of the loop and I'm just now hearing about this.

To make a long story short, Gun Media have said that they've halted work on the game permanently (minus fixing bugs and putting up dedicated servers for consoles) and are moving on to other game projects. They simply cannot stop and start up again because they have to run a business. The lawsuit could take months to years to reach a settlement. They're not returning to the game even after the fact.

It was nice while it lasted?

I don't understand why it would be so hard to start working on it again.  The game sold well and people would pay for new content.

1 minute ago, seiferx80 said:

I don't understand why it would be so hard to start working on it again.  The game sold well and people would pay for new content.

There's a long explanation of how the internals of the business work that someone else could better explain it, but more or less it's not like flipping off and on a light switch.

I am pretty sure Gun/Ill just want the game to go away. It's no mistake that every patch breaks more then it fixes. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, seiferx80 said:

As soon as this lawsuit is settled I expect new content.  I'm an original kickstarter backer.  This game should not be abandoned.  There are way too many people that care.

not happening, a topic is already on the about f13 section, this will be locked soon

In before yet another thread gets locked.

2 hours ago, HailWotan88 said:

yes there are 418 people who still care

Did you do a count of who is left on the forums?

16 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

In before yet another thread gets locked.

Did you do a count of who is left on the forums?

He didnt say 41.8 people. 

13 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

He didnt say 41.8 people. 

Care to share who the 0.8 is?

Just now, Fair Play said:

Care to share who the 0.8 is?

Any one of the forum members left the mods put on a “temporary break”.  

1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

Any one of the forum members left the mods put on a “temporary break”.  

There has been a lot more silence on here as of late. Maybe those on break are sent to the Salt Mines...

Merged across some posts talking about this exact issue.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:24 PM, seiferx80 said:

Expect to be extremely disappointed then. Gun have abandoned this game. All there is left is "bug fixes" and "dedicated servers". Other than that nothing else will happen with this game.

Its a pity to see a game with such great potential and such an amazing fan base to go down because of some stupid shit. As much as I would love to sit here and say that the devs are gonna release new content in the future when this all blows over, I find it very hard to want to even believe it, let alone say it. Ever since I heard of this game I was one of the people who backed this game and was super excited for it on release, I even stayed up all night just to play the game when my pre-load went thru. When I found out that Uber Jason was going to be in the game along with the Grendel, I shat myself from the amount of hype going through my brain at the moment. It seemed too good to be true, and then it really did become a fantasy after the recent events. I was even looking forward to the paranoia game mode, I was talking to my friends about it trying to think of what it could possibly be. I had a lot of fun playing this game, and as said before its a damn shame what has happened to this game.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, undrtkr said:

Uh no...Duke Nukem Forever will forever hold that crown.

actually.png.e43239797da0d122997cf139922b25a8.png

The Culling 2

• Haha 1