wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

3 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

This isn't true, future/new content isn't a New Separate Derivative work made after the termination, it's a term made Before the termination, this it still continues after termination.

Whether future content is a term or a derivative work in of itself, it was granted prior to termination and therefore remains in effect after termination.

Dude, just...... Dude. Drop it. You're very very wrong. You're not getting Uber Jason, or the Grendel map, or anything else for that matter until this lawsuit is done and over with. So sit down and wait it out like the rest of us.

This "END" of F13 THE GAME  it's depressing me a lot, this game is one of my reasons for living.  Victor will be despised in the four corners of the world for what he is doing. I want to see him show up at the convention with his stick face.🤮

• Like 2

Will graphic improvements be possible again? Like hair physics like on the computer, lights effect for the flare gun, ecc.? 

JPops closed my thread with this statement:

"

I understand that people are upset, however there are plenty of already open threads to discuss the subject. Speculation on legal matters does no one justice and frankly unless you were on the team, then you don't know what the situation is. Copyright law is pretty tricky and can get very messy, very quickly. Trust me, if there was a way around it this would not be the current situation. "

I won't keep silent so let's continue this here terms and works granted prior to termination continue after termination 

Unless theres a cease and desist on the game then they can continue to release and work on future content.

Edited by Ralph_E_Fresh

On 6/11/2018 at 7:36 PM, Evil said:

Technically uber Jason is already in the game...

This is one thing that really grieves me. One that he is technically already in the game. Two, that some select and not so deserving people have him to use.

5 hours ago, c-murph said:

RIP.

Might as well just do one big final exp/perk event for send off. 

I don't deny that this seriously hampers the future of the game and that it'll probably start dying off due to not being able to add new content, but I think it's a bit soon to have a "going out of business" sale.

What was the name of the game that was going to be released before it was turned into Friday: The 13th The Game? They could simply go back to that idea instead. Victor Miller may own the IP of Jason, Pamela, Camp Crystal Lake, etc., but he doesn't own the entire Horror/Slasher genre.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:05 PM, EspionageCosmo said:

@wes What can we fans do to help? Will a friendly letter writing campaign to Mr. Miller help?

Ironically, I emailed him over a month ago. It's not going to help. He cannot do anything.

We already had a hint of this, when @westold Shavar Ross they were having legal issues at the moment regarding Reggie. I never expected it to impact the license to things they already had. This is really bad. Tragic. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Ironically, I emailed him over a month ago. It's not going to help. He cannot do anything.

We already had a hint of this, when @westold Shavar Ross they were having legal issues at the moment regarding Reggie. I never expected it to impact the license to things they already had. This is really bad. Tragic. 

Yeah he can't do anything about it. It's Cunningham's lawsuit against Miller. Cunningham is the guy who can offer a settlement instead of suing. 

I'm gutted for Gun, Ill, the backers, and all the fans and players...

I'll switch right to the temporary bright side... Right now, the only thing the game needs is bug fixes, optimization, and dedicated servers for the console systems (those poor miscreants).

So, for the next couple of months, this changes nothing as to my personal expectations/wants/desires for the game.

I say that purely from the blind gamer side of this... I hate that this is happening to this project. It sucks. It's bullshit. And it's, overall, fucking stupid and pointless (there shouldn't be a pause put in place on them. If/when the legal case is settled, they could have worked out the particulars, if Miller's side needed to be compensated - and, really, that shouldn't affect Gun).

ANYWAY, since we don't make these fucking laws and rules, and, of course, it's never that simple... here we are.

Just repeating, however, that, for the time being, fixes, optimization, and dedicated servers are all that is reasonably needed and expected.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, wes said:

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. We're still sorting through the pieces while trying to shove our hearts back into our chests. Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will.

We CAN work on bugs, balance, performance, optimizations and of course dedicated servers. That's what ILLFONIC are doing as we speak. Sorry, I don't have more to share at this time, but I didn't want total silence on this topic.

This really sucks. I need a drink.

-W 

You've had a few days. Got anything new besides this non-statement?

With no future DLC, does the community have assurances that Gun/Illfonic will continue to maintain/fix the game for the foreseeable future? Will a patch be introduced to ensure that the game will remain playable even after the plug is pulled on servers? There are horror stories all the time about games that are abandoned by devs in a buggy/unfinished state...I'm sure this isn't one of them, and we (well, most of us, anyway) are behind you 100%, but an official word would be nice instead of silence.

Still hoping Wes had that drink and wrote something the lawyers said is ok to say.

I would like to add that if Gun and illfonic are working on something, and they don't announce it here, what was the point of building a community of loyal, if aggravating, fans. 

38 minutes ago, Truth said:

I didn't see this at first, so maybe you missed it too:

http://www.f13game.com/news/end-of-content/

Not sure why they didn't just copy + paste it here, but I'm also not really surprised.

Um...yeah. Saw that days ago. Then Wes made the statement at the beginning of this thread - one that Shifty said we deserved more than a cut and paste, but ultimately ended up being underwhelming (you said as much yourself) - and just wanted some clarification as to the degree of Gun/Illfonic's commitment to the game, and how long we can expect that commitment to last. They've been rather quiet since the initial press release (which wasn't even posted here...we had to find out about it from another forum member), and I was hoping for more details. I'd really like to think they will stand by their product until it's at least in a completely stable and relatively bug-free state, but all the "OMG THE GAME IS DEAD DEAD DEEEAAAD" posters on the forum as of late are getting me paranoid. I'd really like to tune them out and remain positive, but it's hard. A few more details - if available - would be nice.

• Thanks 1

@Dolemite Just making sure you saw it.

19 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'd really like to think they will stand by their product until it's at least in a completely stable and relatively bug-free state

I think anyone who gives a shit about their work would do the right thing. At the least, we should get a polished (virtually bug free) version of the game before the give up. I'm hoping they hold on longer than that, but I understand this might take a long time and they can't support it without funds. I'm optimistic, not naive. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

22 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'd really like to tune them out and remain positive, but it's hard.

I know, especially with the quantity. It seems like the community is split between "this is the end" and "we can still fix this". I know they can still give us what we need. They'll fix the bugs now that they can't release content, but after that I'm not sure what will happen. All we can do is show our support. I've said this many times over the last 2 days in many threads: The only reason they'll abandon us is if we abandon them. As long as we're still here, they have a reason to stick around too. The game dies once the community gives up on it. The ONLY thing we can do right now is show everyone that we're still here.

That said, I would definitely appreciate a little more communication right now. I don't expect any details on the case, but I would like to know that they're still here as well. Shifty showed us his support, but the rest of Gun read the thread and decided not to comment. Even just a "thanks" would be appreciated.

Also, they have another double xp planned (in case you're interested)

• Like 2

@Truth Yeah, like you said, a quick and simple "thanks" would be nice, and maybe some assurances that they are still with us...you know, just something to remind us that we're all in the same boat together. And I already made a long, gushing post in your "We're Still Here" thread...that was a good idea on your part to make that.

I do see this as a good thing to get Gun/Illfonic to concentrate on bug fixes, and I'll just hope for the best as far as future content goes. I think I may be the most bummed about the lack of future kill packs and additional Single Player Challenges than anything else, as I'm not the biggest fan of Jason X (not that I don't want Uber/Grendel, but if something HAD to get cut...). Most of the stuff I'd want in the game is already here in terms of Jason and counselor selection, maps, etc. Refinement, balancing and bug fixing is most needed now.

Besides, as video game history has taught us, unreleased content has a way of being "accidentally leaked" after the fact, so...who knows?  :)

And saw the Double XP post in the other thread, but thanks for the info anyway.

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

And I already made a long, gushing post in your "We're Still Here" thread

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Just doing what I can to keep the community together. Monday was horrible around here and being at each other's throats won't solve anything. @AldermachXI made the thread, and I'm very thankful. Seeing some of the people that were criticizing everything in the last few weeks get together in that thread should really show how much we care. Many of us put aside any problems we've had in the past to show our support, and that's fucking awesome.

We're on the same page with the content. I'm fine with what we have. I was fine with what we had in the beginning. Didn't buy the kill packs until yesterday (when I realized they could possibly be removed from the store), but that was more to show my support than to actually have the kills. It would be nice to get Uber, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

We're on the same page with the content. I'm fine with what we have. I was fine with what we had in the beginning. Didn't buy the kill packs until yesterday (when I realized they could possibly be removed from the store), but that was more to show my support than to actually have the kills. It would be nice to get Uber, but it is what it is.

I bought all the optional dlc packs (kills/emotes/costumes) as they came out, I've even run into a few people in various twitch streams where a part 2 Jason player used one of the kills from the kill pack that was added shortly after the last big patch, and I threw my 2 cents worth into the chat pointing out that the kill pack should be available on their respective platform store, unless I missed a forum post I don't think the Part 2 Kill Pack was mentioned under the latest news category in the forums, or on the news section of the f13game website/domain... like a lot of people I was/am disappointed that we are not getting Jason X/Grendel map and so forth but that was just the initial shock of being thrown a bag of lemons; I'm now at the stage where I just have to turn the lemons into lemonade

4 minutes ago, BossDanny said:

I'm now at the stage where I just have to turn the lemons into lemonade

They never mentioned the kill pack at all. Only reason we found out is because someone checked the ps store and posted it here. It's really a missed opportunity. They definitely just rushed it out before it was too late.

In case you didn't see the lemonade factory (forgive me if you have):

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20062-were-still-here/

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

In case you didn't see the lemonade factory (forgive me if you have):

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20062-were-still-here/

I already posted my sentiments in there in the form of the baywatch them, "I'm Always Here" lol, after my initial hissy fit of jumping on and off the fyvm-train that the original news announcement sent catapulting through the community I calmed down and decided to "Always look on the bright side of life *whistle*whistle* *whistle*whistle*whistle*"

1 minute ago, BossDanny said:

I already posted my sentiments in there in the form of the baywatch them, "I'm Always Here" lol, after my initial hissy fit of jumping on and off the fyvm-train that the original news announcement sent catapulting through the community I calmed down and decided to "Always look on the bright side of life *whistle*whistle* *whistle*whistle*whistle*"

Thanks for the support! There are so many people there that I'm not sure who has/hasn't seen it yet. Just trying to do what I can to keep the peace.

Monday was a shit show... I'm glad we were able to turn things around (for the most part). There are still a lot of people that are pissed off, but that thread really seems to have helped.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Monday was a shit show... I'm glad we were able to turn things around (for the most part). There are still a lot of people that are pissed off, but that thread really seems to have helped.

I'm sure after the initial announcement a lot of the community, myself included I'm ashamed to admit, underwent the typical "knee-jerk" reaction that any normal human experiences when they perceive some form of threat to their "world", I know I was worried when I woke up and found a notification on my phone to the Slash N Cast video covering the announcement, thinking it was a troll or fake news I checked the website, and then I felt the bile rise when I read the statement... yadda yadda yadda.... grumble growl curse.... nope not going to put on the "negative nancy" dress and high heels, going to put on the positive percy cap and think constructively