wes

Legal Claim and the Road Ahead

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. We're still sorting through the pieces while trying to shove our hearts back into our chests. Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will.

We CAN work on bugs, balance, performance, optimizations and of course dedicated servers. That's what ILLFONIC are doing as we speak. Sorry, I don't have more to share at this time, but I didn't want total silence on this topic.

This really sucks. I need a drink.

-W 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 18

Councilors,

I hate saying this but you've let us down again. One year later and this game is more broken now than ever. Your public relations have been as bad as your track record with fixes. Having a member break the latest news to the forum before the developers even thought to do so expressed to your fanbase much more than you probably realise. I'm so sorry I had to post today. I've REALLY tried keeping my mouth shut for the passed 2 weeks but this is ridiculous enough to pull me from the shadows.

I'm disappointed with this whole thing. The game, the developers, the forums........all of it.

Sincerely,

A Camper

• Thanks 2

Rip F13: the game. Showed promise and potential but was cut short by a law suit and an amateur development team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anywhere we can go to get all info on the lawsuit, This is news to me so I'd like to read whats exactly going on.

N/M, Just saw this in another post, Thanks. 

Didn't you guys know about this news since October? Why are you acting like this is new news to you, Wes? I am very confused. 

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Cute Pr response. Welp

Anyone excited for any new games coming out?

Im pretty excited with the new update coming tomorrow to DBD (at least to PC). Last Year and Hide or Die looks good too.

I'll forgive the current brokeness if it is fixed as the statement promises.

@wes I expected a bit more of an explanation than that...

Get your drink and try again.

What does this mean for the content you already announced (Uber/Retro remake)? That would be a good place to start. It might not be your fault at all, but not releasing Uber would be a big deal...

• Like 1

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Im pretty excited with the new update coming tomorrow to DBD (at least to PC). Last Year and Hide or Die looks good too.

True unfortunately I don’t have a gaming PC. But I hear last year might come to consoles like DBD. Aside from survival horror Shadow of the tomb raider looks pretty awesome.

Technically uber Jason is already in the game...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Cute Pr response. Welp

Anyone excited for any new games coming out?

Spiderman and Jurassic Park evolution.  

14 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

This was the response Shifty said you were working on, as we deserve more than a cut and paste? 

I posted this in the other thread, but I like copying and pasting, so

Alright, all my sardonic comments aside, i hope they take this time to really rethink and workshop the game. Figure out what works for the players and what doesn't. Really reconnect with us like they did in the kickstarter days and possibly retool portions of the game that don't work as well as they thought it would. Really work on bug fixes in the meantime, and start streaming regularly and actually PLAY with us regularly to get a feel how the game actually PLAYS in real life, in both quickplay and private experienced lobbies. Who knows, maybe you might actually begin to understand what we mean when we talk about the game on here.

Focus on making the game as bug-free as possible, and then tie-in a relaunch of the game in a solid state when the dust settles on the lawsuit. Or hey, capitalize on the notoriety: "The game Victor Miller doesn't want you to play!"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, wes said:

Campers,

You may or may not have seen the press release circling around the internet about future content for Friday the 13th: The Game. We're still sorting through the pieces while trying to shove our hearts back into our chests. Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will.

We CAN work on bugs, balance, performance, optimizations and of course dedicated servers. That's what ILLFONIC are doing as we speak. Sorry, I don't have more to share at this time, but I didn't want total silence on this topic.

This really sucks. I need a drink.

-W 

Why can’t Jason X be released??? First, he’s already in the game. We all know that. Second, HE’S NOT FROM A FRIDAY THE 13TH FILM! That’s why it was titled “Jason X”. There’s no legal reason not to release him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1