It interests me that they managed to fart out the kill pack but not swiftly release Uber Jason.

Considering he seems done, what was there to lose?

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The press release quoted is a legitimate press release that we sent out.

Can you confirm that current content is not in jeopardy? Bug fixes and implodents to the game will still be possible and that the game will not come under fire and be taken offline?

29 minutes ago, Truth said:

@AldermachXI You've brought good ideas to the table. You've been very helpful around here in the past. But this negativity you've displayed lately is really starting to rub people the wrong way.

That's also fair. But I can only be as positive as the news is.

And I've already put my positive spin on this news, and @Big Daddy J shot it down immediately.

The fact that bug fixes is ALL they can (legally) work on now is a good thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

The fact that bug fixes is ALL they can (legally) work on now is a good thing.

It isn't, because it removes any incentive to actually work on the game. It would be good if fixes were the priority, but if they're all we can get, then we will get nothing.

If they actually do any bug fixes, then this may very well turn out to be a good thing. Especially if the lawsuit gets settled in a good way, and the game is still going, and nearly bug free (as bug free as a game can be anyway).

However, I highly doubt they do any serious bug fixes.

14 minutes ago, SirMang said:

No one should be fine with this.

Without the ability to generate any income, how long do you think Gun and Illfonic is going to want to fix bugs/glitches/dedicated servers at a loss?  

Even worse, since everything is online based minus playing against bots...how long do you think Gun and Illfonic are gonna keep the servers up and going without any revenue?

i would not be surprised if everything is shut down by the end of summer, except for the ability to go kill bots. 

If they just dropped everything right now and gave up on the game completely, it would cement the legacy of IllFonic and Gun media as only caring about revenue and flush any game they would release in the future down the toilet.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

"......the devs who have poured their heart and soul into this game."

It's great that they have "poured their hearts & souls" into this game, but maybe they could try pouring some "dedication to their backers" or "Honesty in their communications". Maybe a sprinkle of "Actually fixing glitches" and a dash of "Following thru with what they promised in their Kickstarter campaign".

Shit, while we here, they could fill up a big glass full of "We are sorry for consistently saying one thing and doing something else".

Fact is, we can stand here kicking rocks all day and it will not make a single fuck. We are turning on each other even more, distracted by the arguments between ourselves and in the meantime, where are those "heartfelt & soulful" developers?

It's after 5pmEST so I imagine they are all driving home, and have hung up their "developers hats" for today. They ain't worried about the condition of the fanbase, for sure. They've already been paid and let's face it.......... Money is the driving force in any business, not fanbase, not passion for an IP.

They've even said that this forum is the last thing they are concerned with and if you don't know........ WE ARE THE FORUM. Without US, this place is an empty webspace with some Gun Media Info & some Friday the 13th pictures. Today's press release to "news outlets" should've clued you in, because if they cared about US.......... They would've posted here before the articles were published.

• Like 3

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

It's great that they have "poured their hearts & souls" into this game, but maybe they could try pouring some "dedication to their backers" or "Honesty in their communications". Maybe a sprinkle of "Actually fixing glitches" and a dash of "Following thru with what they promised in their Kickstarter campaign".

Shit, while we here, they could fill up a big glass full of "We are sorry for consistently saying one thing and doing something else".

Fact is, we can stand here kicking rocks all day and it will not make a single fuck. We are turning on each other even more, distracted by the arguments between ourselves and in the meantime, where are those "heartfelt & soulful" developers?

It's after 5pmEST so I imagine they are all driving home, and have hung up their "developers hats" for today. They ain't worried about the condition of the fanbase, for sure. They've already been paid and let's face it.......... Money is the driving force in any business, not fanbase, not passion for an IP.

They've even said that this forum is the last thing they are concerned with and if you don't know........ WE ARE THE FORUM. Without US, this place is an empty webspace with some Gun Media Info & some Friday the 13th pictures. Today's press release to "news outlets" should've clued you in, because if they cared about US.......... They would've posted here before the articles were published.

This ^^^ 

Someone gets it finally.

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

The fact that you are calling a new Jason that fans have wanted for a long time "useless" just shows how up your own ass you are.

I'm done talking to you. You are not worth my time.

You miss his point. Uber Jason would be a useless addition because the game is a broken mess and thus any new content would not enhance the game in any way.

17 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It isn't, because it removes any incentive to actually work on the game. It would be good if fixes were the priority, but if they're all we can get, then we will get nothing.

I hear ya.

I just think the devs will do their best to leave us with a functional game now.

But who knows. I'm probably just being naive again. I've been very hopeful for the game in the past. I even believed the engine update would improve the game...It had to, right? Well, @Brigadius was always there to remind me...And he was right. It fixed absolutely nothing.

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

You miss his point. Uber Jason would be a useless addition because the game is a broken mess and thus any new content would not enhance the game in any way.

Don't bother. Just a child who wants a new toy. Doesn't matter if it works or not.

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

This ^^^ 

Someone gets it finally.

Thank you, but it ain't "finally"........I been saying this same shit repeatedly over and over and over. Cause it's true.

I even swallowed my pride and apologized to Wes & Shifty for generally just being an asshole and quit posting publicly but after today's news being announced in the forum via a member (and not by Gun Media) I had to come back and say what was on my mind.

I don't buy this bullshit for a minute. They were f13 FANS first. They made this game because they love the franchise. This was their passion project. It's been far from a flawless game, but it has been one they have been dedicated to. I GUARANTEE this news has devastated them. They aren't just "hanging up their developer hats". They aren't fucking EA or Activision.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

No but it' more content they can add now before June is over and fix later.

• Like 1

If they dont fix the game, no one will buy it, no one will buy dlc, so if they want to milk the game, they need to fix it, and frankly if they want people to buy future games, or investors, the need to make the effort to fix it, if they just quit, that is a bad look for them, So fixing the game is good for them and the players, it something they needed to focus on since the horrible launch.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Strange. I've been playing it all week and while there have been some bugs, it's far from unplayable.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They've repeatedly said they will work on bug fixes even though they can't make new content. I don't know why you're just assuming that's a lie.

This is absurd. Yes, the news sucks badly, but everyone freaking out and losing their cool is really not helping anyone. I'm going to lock this thread for a while whilst it's reviewed and so people can cool off.

Edit: Unlocked. Keep it civil and rational.

20 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Strange. I've been playing it all week and while there have been some bugs, it's far from unplayable.

So you haven't had matches end early? You haven't gotten stuck on an objective after repairing it? No interaction bugs?

Lucky you, I guess.

I love how that sort of mediocrity is always ok with people who prefer content over function...Very convenient.

Game is broken. You saying it isn't doesn't change that, at all. (and I'M not the one declaring it's broken. 90% of the player base is)

• Thanks 1

Uber Jason files are in the game right now, not finished but there, right ?

So technically this is not "new" content... it's actual hidden content... it should be released as it stands at least.

• Like 2

Very upset about the news. Why does he even want the characters? Now we can’t have Trish, KM, Uber Jason (only through hax), and more as new charcters :(

Just now, The Gloved One said:

The Update for Xbox is Out...….

Just what we need.......

More bad news!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Yoshman2523 said:

Very upset about the news. Why does he even want the characters? Now we can’t have Trish, KM, Uber Jason (only through hax), and more as new charcters :(

Because Victor is the worst kind of greedy person. He has no problem ruining things for everyone else if it means he can get paid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Smart money is that they are saying they're still fixing bugs just to buy time for the eventual, "we're sad to say it's over" post in the next few weeks. Servers will stay on for just a bit longer and then the game will be dead.

I'm definitely a pessimist though. I could surely be wrong.

I really do hope they work on this, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it went away for something new and shiny that makes money for them. But then again, I am an optimist. Tragically so, lol. Whatever happens, I will keep all of you guys I met on this game on my friends list. There will always be more kick ass games to play! Even if this one does go away...

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They aren't going to bother. We will be lucky if the game gets one more patch to fix the match ending early bug.

Yeah, unfortunately you may be right. Either way I'm glad I got some games in with you and so many other awesome people from the forums here. You guys are all top notch players, and exceptional people. So, whatever happens. We had alot of fun. And if this game does go away, there will be something else eventually.