6 minutes ago, SomebodyFancy said:

This is heartbreaking. Maybe the end of the slasher video game genre... I hate that guy and I don’t even know him.

Poor Victoria is stuck with those ugly patterns forever too. ?

I doubt it's the end of the slasher video game genre. DBD is doing pretty damn well. However, it's really sad that it's come to this.

7 minutes ago, SomebodyFancy said:

This is heartbreaking. Maybe the end of the slasher video game genre... I hate that guy and I don’t even know him.

No. If Friday the 13th did anything it's revealing the potential for these types of games have. The market is there and the market is hungry.

• Like 1

I seriously could care less about new content, fix what we have so it works! I don't want to die because I'm teleported back to the car, or because I escaped in it. Or because I'm action locked on something, or the many other issues they could fix. Take care of that type of stuff and I'll be back, and probably more besides me. It's truly bad when a game is worse off after a year, then at launch. And, those of us who were there back then know how fucked up the game was. This lack of new content might be a good thing. IF... They work to make it better!

@AldermachXI, et al

It get that it's frustrating that it wasn't announced here first, but please envision this:

BLOODY DISGUSTING WRITER: "We've just received exclusive word that the ongoing rights lawsuit now reaches your game's ability to add content. We're about to go to press to break the news. Would you like to provide a statement before this goes live?"

I have NO inside knowledge, but it's not unreasonable to think that Bloody Disgusting scooped this and was going to get it to press with or without a Gun statement. 

No more new content? Why...

49 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Also why are they canceling all future content instead of just stating that any future content is on hold, until the situation is figured out? Their choice of words makes it sound like they are just done. Supposedly going to work on servers and fixes (we’ll see if that comes about)... but why word it like you are done with providing anything new? The wording is definitely worrying

Because without the ability to provide new content, the game is pretty much dead.  It's nor profitable for them to continue. 

2 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

I just found this article on bloody-disgusting saying that Friday the 13th game will be getting no more content update which means we will not be getting  Jason X   and the online community on Steam is basically dead so I guess this means the end of the game

Despite the unfortunate news, I'm glad you brought it to the attention of the people.

2 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

This is so depressing. 

My wife and youngest daughter are not gonna be happy about this. I just went to the store and stocked up on junk food too.

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

#CrystalLakeIsDead

#JasonShouldntBeHookedOnFonic

#JasonNeverNeededGunsBefore

I should hire you to be my social media rep.

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

Can the last one left in packanack Lodge turn off the light... 

I'll hit the lights on my way out...

1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

Nice of him to wait 36 years to claim this.  Opportunistic scum.

Maybe he fell on hard times? No excuse of course...

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

I myself hope that they don't quit the Slasher horror genre because for some reason they're the only ones they had the good sense to make a horror game and take it out of the first person view and actually give you real objectives to complete... outside of Resident Evil this is probably my favorite horror game that has ever come out.. I believe they should do like dead by daylight just make the game summer camp as they originally planned and just occasionally get DLC of of the more well-known slashers..

Looks like I've got some free time to get back to the Resident Evil franchise.

All in all, this is sad news. I was planning another F13 themed party, but that's on hold until we get a ruling about this situation. Maybe I'll plan a Halloween themed party in honor of the new movie coming out instead.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I seriously could care less about new content, fix what we have so it works! I don't want to die because I'm teleported back to the car, or because I escaped in it. Or because I'm action locked on something, or the many other issues they could fix. Take care of that type of stuff and I'll be back, and probably more besides me. It's truly bad when a game is worse off after a year, then at launch. And, those of us who were there back then know how fucked up the game was. This lack of new content might be a good thing. IF... They work to make it better!

Smart money is that they are saying they're still fixing bugs just to buy time for the eventual, "we're sad to say it's over" post in the next few weeks. Servers will stay on for just a bit longer and then the game will be dead.

I'm definitely a pessimist though. I could surely be wrong.

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

For those looking for the original court filing of HORROR INC, MANNY COMPANY v VICTOR MILLER from 2016, its right here in it's 17 page entirety: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3034739-friday13.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/friday-13th-rights-at-stake-922911

It *might*. It's just rumors right now, but they pulled down the official website for maintenance right before E3

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/392855-alien-isolation-2-potentially-on-its-way-after-creative-assembly-pulls-official-site

It's nice to see that Sean Cunningham has some pretty strong arguments in his favor here.  I would love to see the original court filing that Victor Miller made that started the lawsuit to contrast the arguments.  Has anyone seen Miller's filing anywhere?

16 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

They aren't going to bother. We will be lucky if the game gets one more patch to fix the match ending early bug.

As a big fan and backer of this game this really pisses me off. Seems like they could have released all of the DLC content before upgrading the engine and we could have got Uber Jason, Grendel, all of the kill packs etc. They could have upgraded the engine after this and still implemented dedicated servers. They fucked up bad. Sorry to say that F13 failed to live up to the hype, I regret backing this game.

Thanks Gun

16 minutes ago, MadMike said:

It's nice to see that Sean Cunningham has some pretty strong arguments in his favor here.  I would love to see the original court filing that Victor Miller made that started the lawsuit to contrast the arguments.  Has anyone seen Miller's filing anywhere?

Read my seperate thread, it has both summary judgements

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Read my seperate thread, it has both summary judgements

Cool, thanks!

Link for anyone else who is interested: 

11 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

As a big fan and backer of this game this really pisses me off. Seems like they could have released all of the DLC content before upgrading the engine and we could have got Uber Jason, Grendel, all of the kill packs etc. They could have upgraded the engine after this and still implemented dedicated servers. They fucked up bad. Sorry to say that F13 failed to live up to the hype, I regret backing this game.

Thanks Gun

Exactly. 

It really sucks that all of this was suddenly erased by one old, wrinkly bastard. What a damn shame! The game was fun while it lasted.

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Most of us are fine with this.

NO. Most of us ARE NOT fine with this. You DO NOT speak for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

NO. Most of us ARE NOT fine with this. You DO NOT speak for us.

Fair enough.

I just think most of us would rather have the bugs fixed over piling more content onto a broken game.

You're right though. Some people absolutely appreciate quantity over quality. You're a big part of the reason why the game is in the state it's in right now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Fair enough.

I just think most of us would rather have the bugs fixed over piling more content onto a broken game.

You're right though. Some people absolutely appreciate quantity over quality. You're a big part of the reason why the game is in the state it's in right now.

Goddamn, I wish I could throw a thousand "Likes" on that fucking comment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No one should be fine with this.

Without the ability to generate any income, how long do you think Gun and Illfonic is going to want to fix bugs/glitches/dedicated servers at a loss?  

Even worse, since everything is online based minus playing against bots...how long do you think Gun and Illfonic are gonna keep the servers up and going without any revenue?

i would not be surprised if everything is shut down by the end of summer, except for the ability to go kill bots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Fair enough.

Dude seriously, stop taking your hurt out on people. 

@AldermachXI You've brought good ideas to the table. You've been very helpful around here in the past. But this negativity you've displayed lately is really starting to rub people the wrong way.