1 minute ago, cruehitman said:

Also why are they canceling all future content instead of just stating that any future content is on hold, until the situation is figured out? Their choice of words makes it sound like they are just done. Supposedly going to work on servers and fixes (we’ll see if that comes about)... but why word it like you are done with providing anything new? The wording is definitely worrying

The legal issue will probably take another year at least to settle. The game isn't going to last more than a month or so with the knowledge that no content may ever come depending on some legal crap. They know the game is done.

Just now, Frighteningicon said:

Could someone explain to me how emotes and kills are affected by the lawsuit?

They're just not allowed to add any new content to the game. All they can do is tweak what is already published.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

They know the game is done.

We will just have to wait for 1428Elm to publish the notice to find out.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The legal issue will probably take another year at least to settle. The game isn't going to last more than a month or so with the knowledge that no content may ever come depending on some legal crap. They know the game is done.

I guess I'll just have to keep visiting Bloody Disgusting to find out when the servers are shutting down...

• Like 1

The hilarious part is, there haven't been any rulings on this case recently, so this is an internal decision, not something forced on them by the court or Victor Miller.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Boostio said:

The dev and publisher have repeatedly proved incompetence and you STILL want them to slurp up and ruin another franchise?

Ruin? Grow up. 

This news makes my heart sink. For this game and the franchise.

And Uber himself looked liked he was basically done. Making this more frustrating.

I visited this site every day to keep up with this game...can't believe this is how this ends.

• Sad 1

Just now, JasonVsWindows said:

This news makes my heart sink. For this game and the franchise.

And Uber himself looked liked he was basically done. Making this more frustrating.

I visited this site every day to keep up with this game...can't believe this is how this ends.

They lied to themselves and to us.  Period.  It'd be one thing if the suit was changed, or some sort of ruling had been made, but there has literally been nothing. 

On a positive note, this may be the excuse to finally stop rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and start actually fixing the boat.

Yep that about sums it up. If all the bugs, glitches, and the new grab didn't kill the game then this bs more than likely did...

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The hilarious part is, there haven't been any rulings on this case recently, so this is an internal decision, not something forced on them by the court or Victor Miller.

Are you sure? If that’s the case, that is the Ultimate BS and F’you to the fan base, backers and consumers. It is kind of funny it’s announced right on the heels of a game breaking patch and the uproar 

To answer the original question and skip all the vitriol and psychics....

I do not believe the game is over. Obviously if the lawsuit goes on for years...then yeah it could definitely be over. In the meantime we will be getting attention paid to all the glitches/bugs etc which many people want to make their continued game-play experience more enjoyable. 

I tend to ignore all the negative posts because they are assuming something that no one knows. I also tend to ignore most of the "veteran" posters who are so frickin jaded that all their posts seem biased against the game. I think people are over-reacting way too much and assuming way too much. Just play the game and look for more information as it is communicated by official representatives. 

*Short version* Calm down..continue to play..and wait for official word on the issue*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Really bummed to hear this. Oh well, is all I can say right now. But yeah, Victor Miller is really fucking things up for everyone. Could the developers continue to work on making the offline bots more challenging too or is that a no-no as well?

Shouldn't be a problem there. It's already in-game and not added content.

2 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Are you sure? If that’s the case, that is the Ultimate BS and F’you to the fan base, backers and consumers. It is kind of funny it’s announced right on the heels of a game breaking patch and the uproar 

There are no news pieces regarding the ruling or status of the case, just press releases to the gaming media in general.

An actual ruling would have had an immediate docket update as well as breaking information from the entertainment industry press, because they have been all over this ever since the original lawsuit broke. 

What people don't understand is that Victor Miller is the DEFENDANT in the court case, not the Plaintiff.  He attempted to assert his rights as a co-writer and was immediately sued in federal court by Horror Inc (whom, I imagine was in some way responsible for the rights going to the devs).

Feels like the final nail in the coffin.

22 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

The wording is definitely worrying

Understandable point, but put yourself in their shoes. You spent a ton of time and money creating this this. You know it's not quite done yet and there is a lot you would like to add. Then you're told you have to stop. How would you react? I'd say the wording is sketchy but justified. In that moment, it probably felt like the end.

This is a sad day!!! But let’s be optimistic I mean why can’t the game have more content like maps not related to the films with just different cabins and landscape? There is a line between copyrighted / rights to things named in the films or just a plain random cabin! 

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Understandable point, but put yourself in their shoes. You spent a ton of time and money creating this this. You know it's not quite done yet and there is a lot you would like to add. Then you're told you have to stop. How would you react? I'd say the wording is sketchy but justified. In that moment, it probably felt like the end.

They weren't told they have to stop. 

1 minute ago, zmccain said:

They weren't told they have to stop. 

Well since you seem to have some insider information, what EXACTLY were they told?

59 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

For those looking for the original court filing of HORROR INC, MANNY COMPANY v VICTOR MILLER from 2016, its right here in it's 17 page entirety: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3034739-friday13.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/friday-13th-rights-at-stake-922911

It *might*. It's just rumors right now, but they pulled down the official website for maintenance right before E3

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/392855-alien-isolation-2-potentially-on-its-way-after-creative-assembly-pulls-official-site

As far as Alien Isolation 2 goes big deal. CA pulled the site down for maintenance. The official forums ha been down for "Maintenance" for four years.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well since you seem to have some insider information, what EXACTLY were they told?

Read the article.

This is heartbreaking. Maybe the end of the slasher video game genre... I hate that guy and I don’t even know him.

Poor Victoria is stuck with those ugly patterns forever too. 😭

Wow. 

Greed and stupidity and legalese kills creativity once again. Everyone involved in that case should be ashamed of themselves. 

I’ve poured hundreds of hours into this game and this is how it ends? 

Also, community manager should have been the one to break this. Having to read it through a third party feels cheap.