This would be okay with most video games but unfortunately this game will forever be incomplete. it really only has one solid game mode to begin with I don't see players hanging around long after the content stops coming in I sure hope I'm wrong..

9 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

On the plus side maybe GUN can acquire the rights to Halloween? Its sure to dominate the box office this October.

Why?  So they can have Bob's bait, tackle, upholstery, and video games build it?  No thanks.  

Unsure of why Jason x still can’t be released however... from what i understood, the suit has to deal with Friday the 13th... where as Jason goes to hell and Jason x were not “Friday the 13th” films. Legally they couldn’t be, which is why those two were titled as such. Maybe I’m wrong however. Been none to happen once or hundred times. lol

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I seriously think this lawsuit is the root of all evil plaguing this game. That explains why the devs were so quick to start another project and why the lack of fixes/dedicated servers. Think about it.

Illfonic has made terribly broken games in the past. The lawsuit isn't the reason F13 was bad.

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I seriously think this lawsuit is the root of all evil plaguing this game. That explains why the devs were so quick to start another project and why the lack of fixes/dedicated servers. Think about it. Yes they shou

Get Hatchet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

……...

I just found this article on bloody-disgusting saying that Friday the 13th game will be getting no more content update which means we will not be getting  Jason X   and the online community on Steam is basically dead so I guess this means the end of the game

Legal Claim Brings an Indefinite End to New ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ Content

by

John Squires

June 11, 2018

As a film franchise, Friday the 13th is in serious limbo right now, with a pressing legal issue preventing any new films from being made. To make a long story short, Victor Miller, the original film’s scriptwriter, claims he wasn’t employed when he wrote the movie and thus is looking to terminate a grant of rights and reclaim ownership of the property. Essentially, Miller’s lawsuit leaves the future of the franchise hanging in the balance, and whether or not he wins the case will determine what happens with the series. For now, it lies dormant.

Sadly, while the legal issues hadn’t been an problem for Friday the 13th: The Game up to this point, that has changed. We’ve just learned that the game’s future is also now uncertain.

Here’s the full e-mail from Gun Media today…

Friday the 13th: The Game has established a loyal and excited fan base over the last year. As publisher/developer, Gun and Illfonic have made every effort to provide our fans with an authentic and great gaming experience.

As many in our community may be aware, a legal claim has been made which could affect all future Friday the 13th intellectual property. Although in the past the game has not been subject to any such claim, new content and material going forward will be affected. An initial decision in this case was expected in October 2017, but no decision has yet been issued. The court review of the legal rights is in process, but final resolution may take some time. Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released.

When we originally learned that the game fell within the crosshairs of this legal dispute, we tried to balance the creation of new content requested by our fans against the maintenance and bug fixing that our community expects and deserves. We attempted to do both within the limits of the legal case.

We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future. Although the listed content types will be affected, we remain committed to launching dedicated servers on our console platforms and providing the continued maintenance and bug fixing important to supporting our fan base.

So what does this mean exactly? There will be no additional content added to Friday the 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason”, The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new Counselors.

It seems that literally all things Friday the 13th are in a holding pattern at this time, which is a major bummer. Whoever wins, it’s us fans who are losing right about now.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The bugs and glitches need to be the focus anyway.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The bugs and glitches need to be the focus anyway.

They're not going to fix the game. They have no reason to, as the game isn't getting any more content and thus won't be able to draw in any more players or retain them. This news alone will kill whatever was left of the game by the time they get a patch or two out.

Well I can at least say I have met a lot of cool people through this game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

After I posted that my brain started working again. That's one example, but another is this thread in general. They really should've gotten ahead of this one.

There are a lot more instances as well like not fulfilling backer rewards, ignoring the community for almost a year, selling of backer only rewards multiple times, allowing those patches to go through knowing how bad they were, failing to deliver on promises consistently, etc.  The list can go on and on.  

I do feel bad for them in this situation because it is out of their hands.  This is the one thing they didn't do to themselves that is essentially killing the game.  Like I said previously, at least go out on your own terms.  Not have it ended by someone else.  This is their project and they should at least have the opportunity to end it when they want.  

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They're not going to fix the game. They have no reason to, as the game isn't getting any more content and thus won't be able to draw in any more players or retain them. This news alone will kill whatever was left of the game by the time they get a patch or two out.

I guess only time will tell

2 minutes ago, Gdain said:

That's the best thing to come from this game. I've met some of the most genuine, honest, and kind people through this community and it's the only thing I'm truly thankful for from this game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

@ShiftySamurai.

What will be done in regards to the art books and soundtracks and how will those affected be compensated?

What was done in the past year for it lol.

How would this lawsuit impact original counselors or characters / locations outside of the original movie that Victor Miller has no claim to whatsoever?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

@ShiftySamurai.

What will be done in regards to the art books and soundtracks and how will those affected be compensated?

My guess is you can forget about that stuff too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gdain said:

It's true

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

What was done in the past year for it lol.

Well they kept telling us they wouldn't be ready until single player released....And then single player dropped...

• Like 1

What will happen to our progress if the servers shut down?  If that happens, I hope they somehow let us save on console so we can at least play all the Jasons and everything we unlocked.  Too bad single player counselors weren't doable for them as well.

Why can’t Jason X be unlocked? He’s already in the game, and he’s NOT part of the Friday the 13th property. 

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Damm I felt the same way when Alien: Isolation didn't get a sequel.

Yeah no sequel and for me no VR version on ps4. Criminal. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Why can’t Jason X be unlocked? He’s already in the game, and he’s NOT part of the Friday the 13th property. 

I would imagine because the game itself is listed as a "Friday the 13th" IP. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Jason X is still supposed to be "Jason" - the character Victor Miller is probably claiming he has some rights to.