Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Fuck Victor Miller greedy motherfucker. He just bought himself a ton of bullshit. Video gamers aren't the nicest people when it comes to stuff like this. He done fucked up. I personally don't get involved with online wars but pleading for people not to go fuck with this asshole is like trying to stop the ocean from being wet.

This, he can go to hell right now. Motherfucker.

• Thanks 2

Conspiracy theories don't really help right now either.

Let's just try to keep a lid on things and wait for the official word, although we already know the sad important bit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Fucking bullshit. And even more bullshit that we learn this from a random news site. Shows how much we, the backers that made this game possible, mean to GUN. We should have been informed of this long ago. Not find it out like this. More bullshitery from GUN. Also, if this game gets killed before dedicated servers are released, guess what... We will literally have NOTHING. It’s also really cool that all the hackers have Jason X. But we won’t. 

I feel sorry for the people who poured hundreds to thousands of dollars into the game. I’m okay with losing my ten bucks lol.

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's simple...you post it HERE before sending it off to bloody disgusting. That's how you control it.

Everyone this news pertains to READS HERE. Posting it on bloody disgusting is just announcing it to a bunch of people who already forgot about the game.

Aldermach is right. It's not like they didnt have time to address the community properly since they obviously had time to issue a statement to BD.  Especially the backers(but let's be honest, they havent cared about the backers since release) because they believed in this game and funded it.  They should have been told before anyone.  

Going to BD first to break the news is like your doctor giving you bad news via text message and emojis.  At least have the decency to be straight up and forward especially when it pertains to you as a consumer.  

26 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

You guys deserve more than a standard form press release, and the man himself is working on that.

Hell of a statement he made for us. Was blown away by all 5 sentences. 

RIP Suggestions thread.

We can close all about Creigthon Duke, Tina, Reggie and even the fucking dog... 70% of the forum closed.

• Like 1

Alright, all my sardonic comments aside, i hope they take this time to really rethink and workshop the game. Figure out what works for the players and what doesn't. Really reconnect with us like they did in the kickstarter days and possibly retool portions of the game that don't work as well as they thought it would. Really work on bug fixes in the meantime, and start streaming regularly and actually PLAY with us regularly to get a feel how the game actually PLAYS in real life, in both quickplay and private experienced lobbies. Who knows, maybe you might actually begin to understand what we mean when we talk about the game on here.

Focus on making the game as bug-free as possible, and then tie-in a relaunch of the game in a solid state when the dust settles on the lawsuit. Or hey, capitalize on the notoriety: "The game Victor Miller doesn't want you to play!"

6 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Conspiracy theories don't really help right now either.

Let's just try to keep a lid on things and wait for the official word, although we already know the sad important bit.

You know the community better than that lol

On the plus side maybe GUN can acquire the rights to Halloween? Its sure to dominate the box office this October.

• Like 1

This is probably the end.  They're not going to spend their time and money on a game that they probably won't be able to update in the future.  This game had so much promise but unfortunately it seemed to be "doooomed" as Crazy Ralph would say. 

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

On the plus side maybe GUN can acquire the rights to Halloween? Its sure to dominate the box office this October.

Gun media shouldn't have the rights to another major horror franchise ever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I wouldn’t trust them with the rights to a My Little Pony board game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

How much can we really blame Gun? They didn't program anything...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The dev and publisher have repeatedly proved incompetence and you STILL want them to slurp up and ruin another franchise?

• Like 1

Even on Crystal Lake Memories and the DVD featurette interviews, Victor Miller always seemed like a douche.  Ron Kurz had to rewrite some stuff in his script for part 1 anyway.  The thing about Jason coming out of the lake at the end or being alive wasn't even his.  His conception of how Jason looked was even different.  The only thing he did was give him the name.  Miller always acted displeased with Jason being alive, saying that wasn't his idea.

Just now, Boostio said:

The dev and publisher have repeatedly proved incompetence and you STILL want them to slurp up and ruin another franchise?

If it isn't them, no one else will do it.

• Like 1

i'm a backer and i'm sad of this news he make more sense why the devs have focused more content then fixes.

I guess they have more time to focus on dedicated servers and fixes but, there is still something they can do as someone have mentionned they can do a better progression system ( Perks , stats). 

3 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Interesting to say the least. Nothing would surprise me at this point. A lawsuit would work against the company for unfulfilled kickstarter rewards that were paid for and promised. Unless they refund all proceeds immediately. 

P.s seems quite unprofessional they won’t clarify whether backers will be getting the aforementioned products.

They havent cared about the backers since the game was funded.  Numerous examples of that since release.  Most backers have already moved on as well so I doubt they will even care if they get it or not now.  

While my disdainment for Gun is known by most, I do think this really sucks for them and I do genuinely feel bad.  If they were going to go out, at least let it be by your own merits not by someone else.  Have it end on your terms.  

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I seriously think this lawsuit is the root of all evil plaguing this game. That explains why the devs were so quick to start another project and why the lack of fixes/dedicated servers. Think about it.

Can the last one left in packanack Lodge turn off the light... 

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

How much can we really blame Gun? They didn't program anything...

No, but there's a lot more that they're responsible for. Illfonic does the programming, coding, and all around development (poorly) but Gun steers them in the direction.

• Thanks 1

Sad news indead. I stopped posting after the game was freezing on Xbox after getting all the achievements. But I still come in daily and read the topics. Get a few laughs and just like seeing how others are feeling about and reacting to the game. I love this game as I know a lot of you girls and guys do. But I also love the franchise and the character Jason. Not saying it’s perfect but I enjoy every movie in some fashion. Either for a certain kill, line of dialogue, stupid dance or even story. I was very much looking forward to Uber Jason but what can we do. I’m not sure what will happen with the game but I will be here to the end. Regardless if that’s next week, month or year. I just wanted to say for what it’s worth, that I personally feel I got my money’s worth out of this game. I will never forget it and I’m thankful to have it and have played it. Also I want to thank the forum and all the members. I have enjoyed reading most of the topics, thank you for the memories. Again it’s been a pleasure and a shame it has to end this way. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

No, but there's a lot more that they're responsible for. Illfonic does the programming, coding, and all around development (poorly) but Gun steers them in the direction.

After I posted that my brain started working again. That's one example, but another is this thread in general. They really should've gotten ahead of this one.