1 minute ago, Sinisterslither said:

Instead of new contents, I hope they will fix bug, dedicated servers and if they'll change some mechanics, like new XP progression/Perks and new random ways to escape, the game can still live for a long time.

It's dead. This bloody disgusting article  was a good way to ease the community to the news that they'll be pulling the game off life support.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

I wouldn’t blame them if they dropped support altogether. If there isn’t any money to be made, them why keep dumping money into it? As much as I love they game, I understand that ultimately it is a business. 

Hopefully they have some type of inside scoop that the game will not be tangled up in this mess for too long.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Exactly.

Other than reputation control and appreciation towards the players there really is little incentive to continue to throw resources at this game.

That's obviously just my take as some guy that doesn't work in the videogame industry. Maybe there are other factors that I'm not aware of. 

I would love to me wrong, but F13 The Game has been proverbially been chained up and sunk to the bottom of Crystal Lake.

• Like 1

If this freezes and or kills F13 the game, it was a great run, but alas... you can move on with "Slasher Vol 1 : Summer Camp"? Take what works, implement new ideas, and for PETESAKE take it to a different developer. ILLFONIC makes you guys, being the forefront, look like clown shoes. I despise them as a developer but I love the ideas and notions GUN has made toward making this game a reality. The core game play, when working correctly, is something unique and fun and I would love to see it taken to the next level in CAPABLE hands. While the F13 franchise will sorely be missed as this game was something I have been looking forward to since LJNs NES game, the core can live on in another facet with your brains and someone elses competent hands. 

Pick yourselves up Gun and make it even better with or without it being in Crystal Lake.

Instead of new contents, I hope they will fix bug, dedicated servers and if they'll change some mechanics, like new XP progression/Perks and new random ways to escape, the game can still live for a long time. 

They can't do that. Hell, the can't even put emotes or clothing to counselors.

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

We need to flood Victor Millers social media.

That's against the forum rules, we're not allowed to go to war with anyone. ?

• Like 1

No it won’t, the player count dips significantly during gaps without content. This is potentially FOREVER. The game will die sorry to say ?‍♀. Not being negative just realistic.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's dead. Thus bloody di

To be fair, have some new counselors or new maps, like when they released Pinehurst or Jarvis map, changed nothing to me in term of gameplay or fun. Only new Jasons bring some new ways to play. 

But with some new mechanics, the game can be better.

25 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

The court review of the legal rights is in process, but final resolution may take some time. Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released.

Xbox One and PS4 players.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-sm9

Meanwhile PC players have access to Uber Jason. ?

MUoxwMu.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Komatose1313 said:

If this freezes and or kills F13 the game, it was a great run, but alas... you can move on with "Summer Camp: Slasher Vol 1"? Take what works, implement new ideas, and for PETESAKE take it to a different developer. ILLFONIC makes you guys, being the forefront, look like clown shoes. I despise them as a developer but I love the ideas and notions GUN has made toward making this game a reality. The core game play, when working correctly, is something unique and fun and I would love to see it taken to the next level in CAPABLE hands. While the F13 franchise will sorely be missed as this game was something I have been looking forward to since LJNs NES game, the core can live on in another facet with your brains and someone else competent hands. 

Pick yourselves up Gun and make it even better with or without it being in Crystal Lake.

That’s actually a good idea. They can just “reimagine” the game to what it was originally.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

That's against the forum rules, we're not allowed to go to war with anyone. ?

Sorry, but the gloves come off when you fuck with Jason.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sinisterslither said:

But with some new mechanics, the game can be better.

Reread my post, hit the submit button a little too early.

They could support the game, but there's no money in it with zero future content. Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

Yeah, no spam attacks or anything heavier on Victor Miller, please.

It's a really rough situation but let's not make things even worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

I don't know what good fixing bugs would do...if no one's playing

Probably bring some people back since the bugs make the game unplayable?

Most good players have left because of bugs. Jason's combat stance being unreliable and delayed as fuck, counselors getting interaction locked, the med spray situation, and the fact that parties can't even get into lobbies anymore to name a few.

The game has potentia, but the devs have repeatedly proved incompetence and shown why that won't happen. It took like, 3 or 4 months just for them to stop items getting stuck in the ground!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Reread my post, hit the submit button a little too early.

They could support the game, but there's no money in it with zero future content. Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

Okay, I get your point, maybe i'm too naive here.

• Like 1

Man do people here really want new content to stick around and play? If the game was fixed with bugs and they're still able to fix balance issues I wouldn't care about new content, not sure why others need it to continue playing the game. 

Ben, Shifty, and Courier are all in here reading right now. Wes is creating a post in the "About" section so now that a member has broke the ice.......we will finally get something from the people who should've/could've broke this news days ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah, no spam attacks or anything heavier on Victor Miller, please.

It's a really rough situation but let's not make things even worse.

Besides it wouldn’t solve anything unfortunately. Not only that Victor Miller has a valid lawsuit if his claims are true. It just sucks the game will be affected.

• Like 1

This can't be hapenning *Tommy Jarvis voice*

I REALLY enjoy new content, but the lack of it will not make me stop playing for good. 

• Haha 3

This explains why they rushed such a huge update out blatantly unfinished and broke the game. It was then or never. They can issue a few bug fixes over the next few months, and if the legal dispute isn't settled in good time then the game will end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fucking bullshit. And even more bullshit that we learn this from a random news site. Shows how much we, the backers that made this game possible, mean to GUN. We should have been informed of this long ago. Not find it out like this. More bullshitery from GUN. Also, if this game gets killed before dedicated servers are released, guess what... We will literally have NOTHING. It’s also really cool that all the hackers have Jason X. But we won’t. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

This explains why they rushed such a huge update out blatantly unfinished and broke the game. It was then or never. They can issue a few bug fixes over the next few months, and if the legal dispute isn't settled in good time then the game will end.

Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense.

This is America. It's gonna take a few years for that lawsuit to be settled.

Game dead.