What, no new content or emotes and any new updates can only be bug fixes. How...horrible?

Ironic, a limiting lawsuit forces the game to do something it should have been doing THIS WHOLE FUCKING TIME!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The press release quoted is a legitimate press release that we sent out.

It's great to know the folks at GUN and/or Illfonic think so highly of their game and playerbase that not only do we NOT get news like this in ANY of the subforums, we all learn about it through a forum members post from a different website!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I gotta say, this is shocking.

It might finally be safe to say "RIP F13: the game". Without future content this game is dead in the water. Fixes or not.

It's been fun. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That's a bummer for them. Uber Jason seemed to be pretty much done, kills and all, and all the work put into that (mocap and such) all had to get canned right at the finish line. I'm not upset that I won't be getting Uber Jason, just upset for the work that was put into this being essentially put to waste right when he seemed to be ready. It's a shame, really.

• Like 1

You guys deserve more than a standard form press release, and the man himself is working on that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We will still be fixing bugs and other issues players find in the game, and we are still bringing dedicated servers out for our players on consoles.

That's good to hear, I've been away from the game since the engine upgrade and the mess that came with it. I wanna come back, but not till you guys get this thing back on track. Hopefully we'll get the game back running smoothly again, thanks for being up front with us on this!

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

But will they? Unlikely.

And at this point, I can't really blame them. 

Sucks.

True, that lawsuit really screwed them over here...

But, who knows! Maybe they end up getting the fixes right.

I feel bad for Gun/Illfonic now...

• Like 3

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

You guys deserve more than a standard form press release, and the man himself is working on that.

Cool.

Should have done it first.

• Like 2

I'm glad that the game can focus on bug fixes but I really wish you could've stuck that pajama clothing pack in before this happened. I feel like it's been done for months. Nevertheless, I'm happy bugs will be the priority.

• Like 2

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Cool.

Should have done it first.

They can't control when the media go live with something. They can try to embargo it with them, but nothing that ties the journalist/outlet not publishing.

• Like 1

So....where's this leave the backers who are still waiting for the soundtrack & art book? I mean, I just ordered the digital so can you guys, you know, just send what you got and upgrade us later when Miller stops being a jerkoid? :)

But... But... Cmon. Can we do something? I mean it. 

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Ironic, considering the state of the game right now.

• Thanks 1

I think they should finish the content they've been working on and when and if this gets settled they release it then. So many including myself backed this project from day 1, this is just shitty. Even more so they seemed to have admitted they were trying to get content out within a time perimeter so it's kinda messed up they teased certain stuff knowing there was a chance it wouldn't ever come out. Jesus Christ. I backed this in hopes of getting to play Uber Jason or grendel map. This I'd complete horseshit.

1 minute ago, Tiffany said:

They can't control when the media go live with something. They can try to embargo it with them, but nothing that ties the journalist/outlet not publishing.

It's simple...you post it HERE before sending it off to bloody disgusting. That's how you control it.

Everyone this news pertains to READS HERE. Posting it on bloody disgusting is just announcing it to a bunch of people who already forgot about the game.

• Like 6

I wouldn’t blame them if they dropped support altogether. If there isn’t any money to be made, them why keep dumping money into it? As much as I love they game, I understand that ultimately it is a business. 

Hopefully they have some type of inside scoop that the game will not be tangled up in this mess for too long.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Ironic, a limiting lawsuit forces the game to do something it should have been doing THIS WHOLE FUCKING TIME!

Maybe they focused on content in anticipation of this happening. It really would make sense, right?

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The press release quoted is a legitimate press release that we sent out.

I can't think of a more suited occasion to make my return to public posting than to ask.........

If this is the case, why do WE (the Backers, Fans, Players, Purchasers, Fanbase, Community, Customers and Loyal Forum Members) have to hear it from Bloody Disgusting, 1428Elm or a forum post from a MEMBER??

Where is Gun Media when it comes to releasing info to the people who line their pockets with cash and keep them in a job?

Is Bloody Disgusting in here everyday begging you to fix this game? Is 1428Elm wasting their time reporting bugs that never get fixed or playing your game only to find that patches that took 5 months to code only break things even worse?

That official press release does a fine job of polishing the situation with your customers, btw. Not one mention of how IllFonic keeps breaking things or that y'all's idea of QA is simulation over ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

I know what this post is getting me too. I'll get another warning or maybe the full on ban but this time it won't be for "aggressive behavior" or "trolling the forums".

This time it'll be because I asked the right questions to the wrong people. Because I didn't keep my mouth shut and clap for you every time you've deceived us. And because despite all the good that could come from you people actually listening to this community, all you've done is get paid, ignore the people that helped fund your "dream" and ultimately killed this game, the community and any faith we've kept in y'all.

Good luck selling that next game y'all announced.

#CrystalLakeIsDead

#JasonShouldntBeHookedOnFonic

#JasonNeverNeededGunsBefore

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well, this kinda explains the priority to just make the new content "exist" over content.  Kinda reminds me of what happened with Marvel vs Capcom 3 regarding how the Disney purchase of Marvel effected Capcom's expiring rights.   I'm fine with the content in the game already, as long as they can fix the bugs going forward.  Hopeful, maybe they can fix that "bug" that disallows picking Uber Jason  :lol:Patch Notes:  Fixed the bug that isn't making Part X appear on the Jason select.  Part X can now be selected correctly.  Let's hope, right @ShiftySamurai? lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's simple...you post it HERE before sending it off to bloody disgusting. That's how you control it.

Everyone this news pertains to READS HERE. Posting it on bloody disgusting is just announcing it to a bunch of people who already forgot about the game.

Not only that they  knew there was potential danger since October. Granted it was only a possibility not official but still.

Instead of new contents, I hope they will fix bug, dedicated servers and if they'll change some mechanics, like new XP progression/Perks and new random ways to escape, the game can still live for a long time. 

• Like 1