The game isn't over, it is in a state of suspended animation, we can play it but it is now static, minus bug fixes.

10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

And Tom Savini and Brad Fuller and all the actors to ever don sack/mask.

And the writer of Part. 2.

Who here has heard of or played any previous title from these devs?

On 6/13/2018 at 4:04 AM, zmccain said:

And the writer of Part. 2.

Everyone BUT Victor Miller

4 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

There is a lot more to it than that. Those people more than likely signed an IP waiver releasing rights, characters, and such to the studio.  It's usually pretty standard.  

From what it seems, Miller was never employed by the studio to write this script and it was something picked up by them and used.  He never released the IP to them or specifically created this franchise for them.  They just used his script and then claimed rights. 

That's what it sounds like so it's a lot different than most cases.

Yeah, there must be some kind of thought process that there is a case. It just seems soooooo odd and strange there seems to be so many thousands of instances of a writer creating a movie and characters and then studios/producers going on to use those related properties. I mean we've seen "Based on characters by...." on movies and TV shows all our lives. If what has happened is the case, and Miller wins - surely there must be a boatload of writers out there over the last sixty years who will also have a case? 

I guess my indifference to the case is that I have never heard of anything like this in my life! ;)

10 hours ago, Goodgodman said:

Thanks for all of the opinions and info! Just bought it. I’ve only seen the first Alien movie. Loved it. The fact that, this thing is hunting you throughout the game, sounds awesome :)

Kind of like the Nemisis from RE3.

055-Does+Not+Compute.gif

15 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Really? I'd be panicking that my licensed cash cow was dead and that I'd have to go back to making zombie games that have to stand on their own merits and not their license.

Really wouldn’t call it a cash cow since most of the DLC was free. 

6 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Really wouldn’t call it a cash cow since most of the DLC was free. 

Are you kidding me? The ganes startup was paid by fans its sold millions. The dlc that you could by(killpacks,outfits,emotes) were only 1.99 but times that by millions. Due to a small team and the low cost development they have made Oprah ?  money with this game. We now have to watch as they run off into the distance (with bags with a dollar sign on the outside that is stuffed with our cash) and just hope they are vested enough to continue working on it at zero profit. Im no mathmetician but that shit doesnt add up. Why would they? I wouldnt. So heres to hoping they are better people than me!

4 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Why would they?

Because some people have integrity and give a shit about what they do. Just because you dont, doesn't mean everyone is just like you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because some people have integrity and give a shit about what they do. Just because you dont, doesn't mean everyone is just like you...

If Gun had integrity, backers would have had all their rewards already, dedicated servers would already be out, Savini Jason wouldn't have been "accidently" leaked numerous times, even if it was accidental they should have made up for it some how for breaking a backer promise, and numerous other things.  Let's be honest here.  Gun has lost a lot of the communities trust time and time again since release because of their actions.  It's fair for people to be skeptic that they are not going to live up to working on this game and dedicated servers.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It's fair for people to be skeptic that they are not going to live up to working on this game and dedicated servers. 

Never said he couldn't. I was simply answering a question that seems to be flying around a lot lately. Doesn't mean I'm right, I'm just hoping I am.

17 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Who here has heard of or played any previous title from these devs?

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

2 hours ago, Truth said:

In thebworld of buisness you will find that bottom line numbers out run beliefs and morals at an alarming rate. When you actually get out into the world you will see how heartless of a place it is when mass amounts of money are involved. 

2 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

In thebworld of buisness you will find that bottom line numbers out run beliefs and morals at an alarming rate. When you actually get out into the world you will see how heartless of a place it is when mass amounts of money are involved. 

lol

I'm just saying that not everyone is a piece of shit.

18 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Everyone BUT Victor Miller

lol, true.

Still no activity from the devs. They seem to have left the forums long ago.

On June 11, 2018 at 12:02 AM, zmccain said:

Are Illfonic the developers?

Yes, illfonic are the developers.

And Gun are the publisher.