Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Fair Play said:

You talking about the one for the Gamecube? That one takes me back.

 

No, I am talking about the one for dreamcast. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

No, I am talking about the one for dreamcast.

Yep, we're talking about the same game. It was for the N64 and the Dreamcast. Great game overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Alien: Isolation is a survival horror game based in the Alien universe. The game takes place fifteen years after Ellen Ripley set her ship the Nostromo for self-destruct after the crew encountered a deadly alien lifeform. In the game you take control of Amanda Ripley. Ellen was her mother and for the last fifteen years she has been searching for any sign of her or her ship. When the company she works for finds the Nostromo's flight recorder she heads to the Sevastopol space station to collect it and find out what happened to her mother.

            The environment is recreated from the 1979 classic horror film. The Alien is a deadly force of nature in this game. It stalks the halls looking for you seemingly at random. It can't be killed only driven away and is easily the best artificial intelligence you will find in a game to date. Other enemies include human survivors on the Sevastopol who are scared shitless and may or may not shoot at you. And murderous androids who have gone haywire and are killing people on the station. Amanda is pretty well armed. She can craft IED's and Noisemakers to drive away or destract the Alien and other enemies. Amanda also finds a pistol, shotgun, bolt gun and a flamethrower. The first three weapons are effective on the humans and androids and the flamethrower is effective and driving the Alien away. And the motion tracker you get is crucial for sneaking around and tracking the Alien and other dangers.

                    This game is extremely difficult until you understand how to sneak around the Alien. And the game will also scare the living shit of you due to it's excellent sound design and well built environment and antagonist. I recommend easy or novice until you get the basics down and then hard or nightmare if you want a challenge. Computer logs spread around the station detail the fall of the Sevastopol and add to the creepy sense of empty dread that this game seems to make you feel all of the time. 

                  As a video gamer the game is easily a solid four out of five. As a fan of the Alien universe five out of five. I would recommend this game to anyone who said Friday the 13th The Game wasn't scary enough. Alien: Isolation came out four years ago and the base game and all it's DLC is fairly cheap at this point. One thing to point out however. This game is single-player only. And it's DLC includes a few maps from the 1979 film and thirty more arcade like challenge levels that distill the gameplay to it's essence. I can't recommend this game enough to horror fans. 

Thanks for all of the opinions and info! Just bought it. I’ve only seen the first Alien movie. Loved it. The fact that, this thing is hunting you throughout the game, sounds awesome :)

Kind of like the Nemisis from RE3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goodgodman said:

Thanks for all of the opinions and info! Just bought it. I’ve only seen the first Alien movie. Loved it. The fact that, this thing is hunting you throughout the game, sounds awesome :)

Kind of like the Nemisis from RE3.

Exactly only even more dangerous. Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goodgodman said:

Thanks for all of the opinions and info! Just bought it. I’ve only seen the first Alien movie. Loved it. The fact that, this thing is hunting you throughout the game, sounds awesome :)

Kind of like the Nemisis from RE3.

it's the most frustrating game i've ever completed - multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t had time to read through everything, did anyone from the Devs side ever respond to give an answer on why their statement was worded to sound so definitive. As in, why did they say we will not add new content now or anytime in the future, instead of saying, until this court case is resolved, all new content is postponed?  That is the thing from yesterday I never understood. Also, I did they ever answer why they can’t unlock Uber Jason since he is already in the game? (Both in the files and in VC 2.0)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

What a c*** Victor Miller is. 

This is so ridiculous.

If YOU (yes, YOU) had MAJORLY helped to create this franchise, and the guy you worked with constantly laughed you off when you asked for him to be fair about it and include you in SOME of the profits -- and an attorney advised you that you DID have a legal ground for gaining the portion of ownership you created -- and thereby, the shared profits . . . 

. . . you're telling me you WOULDN'T sue him for them?? Because you don't want to irritate game players??

Please.

We're not talking a few thousand, here. We're talking a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE. 

I don't blame the guy.

Not one bit.

And I think any one of us would have done the same in his place.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

This is so ridiculous.

If YOU (yes, YOU) had MAJORLY helped to create this franchise, and the guy you worked with constantly laughed you off when you asked for him to be fair about it and include you in SOME of the profits -- and an attorney advised you that you DID have a legal ground for gaining the portion of ownership you created -- and thereby, the shared profits . . . 

. . . you're telling me you WOULDN'T sue him for them?? Because you don't want to irritate game players??

Please.

We're not talking a few thousand, here. We're talking a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE. 

I don't blame the guy.

Not one bit.

And I think any one of us would have done the same in his place.

If you read the actual motions for summary judgment, Miller has had to sue Horror Inc. and the rights holders in the past just to get what he was owed in the original agreement, regardless of what he's challenging on now.

This probably all could have been avoided if they had done right by him the first time and paid him accordingly.  Hell, Horror, Inc., even acknowledges in it's own motion that they didn't pay Miller in the past per his agreement and they were sued.

People need to stop piling on Miller when they have little to no understanding of what actually happened.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miller is not even .01 % responsible for the icon Jason Voorhees has become. If Miller made part 2 and beyond Jason wouldnt even exist.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

This is so ridiculous.

If YOU (yes, YOU) had MAJORLY helped to create this franchise, and the guy you worked with constantly laughed you off when you asked for him to be fair about it and include you in SOME of the profits -- and an attorney advised you that you DID have a legal ground for gaining the portion of ownership you created -- and thereby, the shared profits . . . 

. . . you're telling me you WOULDN'T sue him for them?? Because you don't want to irritate game players??

Please.

We're not talking a few thousand, here. We're talking a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE. 

I don't blame the guy.

Not one bit.

And I think any one of us would have done the same in his place.

John Carpenter should sue for the rights to all the Halloween movies, Michael Myers and Laurie Strode characters. 

James Cameron for the rights to all the Terminator films and characters.

Same goes for any writer. ?

Miller got paid to write a script for a movie. The movie got made. He doesn't own the rights to the movie and characters. The End. ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Miller got paid to write a script for a movie. The movie got made. He doesn't own the rights to the movie and characters. The End

Unless the courts find he does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now im curious, it looks like friday the 13th Killer Puzzle has NOT been affected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, delboy35 said:

Now im curious, it looks like friday the 13th Killer Puzzle has NOT been affected?

It has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

It has

Cool, where can i find the source for this? done a google on it but no luck?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

John Carpenter should sue for the rights to all the Halloween movies, Michael Myers and Laurie Strode characters. 

James Cameron for the rights to all the Terminator films and characters.

Same goes for any writer. ?

Miller got paid to write a script for a movie. The movie got made. He doesn't own the rights to the movie and characters. The End. ? 

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I heard that the rights to Terminator are going back to Cameron soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, delboy35 said:

Cool, where can i find the source for this? done a google on it but no luck?!

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, i asked the devs on twitter and they responded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

John Carpenter should sue for the rights to all the Halloween movies, Michael Myers and Laurie Strode characters. 

I may be getting my horror history wrong, but if im not mistaken, didn't Carpenter actually have the rights to Halloween and willingly sold them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game over for me.
I'll never achieve The Final Chapter, The Sequel and Killer Francise now.

PS If the game's dead, maybe give everyone Savini Jason now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

John Carpenter should sue for the rights to all the Halloween movies, Michael Myers and Laurie Strode characters. 

James Cameron for the rights to all the Terminator films and characters.

Same goes for any writer. ?

Miller got paid to write a script for a movie. The movie got made. He doesn't own the rights to the movie and characters. The End. ? 

There is a lot more to it than that. Those people more than likely signed an IP waiver releasing rights, characters, and such to the studio.  It's usually pretty standard.  

From what it seems, Miller was never employed by the studio to write this script and it was something picked up by them and used.  He never released the IP to them or specifically created this franchise for them.  They just used his script and then claimed rights. 

That's what it sounds like so it's a lot different than most cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Miller is not even .01 % responsible for the icon Jason Voorhees has become. If Miller made part 2 and beyond Jason wouldnt even exist.

In fairness, if Victor doesn't write F13 part 1, there is no part 2 which means there is no Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, malloymk said:

In fairness, if Victor doesn't write F13 part 1, there is no part 2 which means there is no Jason.

True. Im not saying he doesnt deserve any credit, but the undead hockey mask wearing super powered slasher that everyone thinks of when they hear the name Friday the 13th has nothing to due(?) with Victor Miller. He just came up with the name Jason Voorhees who was never intended to appear in the film. I also believe it was Cunningham who came up with the title (the original title was A Long Night at Camp Blood or something along those lines). Miller in my opinion is giving himself too much credit. Friday the 13th is Jasons story, Pamela was just a catalyst. 

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

True. Im not saying he doesnt deserve any credit, but the undead hockey mask wearing super powered slasher that everyone thinks of when they hear the name Friday the 13th has nothing to due with Victor Miller. He just came up with the name Jason Voorhees who was never intended to appear in the film. I also believe it was Cunningham who came up with the title (the original title was A Long Night at Camp Blood or something along those lines). Miller in my opinion is giving himself too much credit. Friday the 13th is Jasons story, Pamela was just a catalyst. 

If anybody deserves credit it's Steve Miner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zmccain said:

If anybody deserves credit it's Steve Miner.

And Tom Savini and Brad Fuller and all the actors to ever don sack/mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 12:43 PM, AldermachXI said:

Most of us are fine with this.

People have been asking them to forget about content and focus on fixes for at least 6 months now.

Nevertheless, can't be surprised this is how we're learning about this. Forget an e-mail to the backers they're failing. Forget posting this to your community before bd did...

I doubt we see many more updates at all, fixes or otherwise.

I wouldn’t doubt that behind the scenes the devs are relieved. They’re just like: “Oh thank god, we can finally give this up!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I wouldn’t doubt that behind the scenes the devs are relieved. They’re just like: “Oh thank god, we can finally give this up!”

Really? I'd be panicking that my licensed cash cow was dead and that I'd have to go back to making zombie games that have to stand on their own merits and not their license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×