Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Yobo1987 said:

So Jason could be killed all along. Just not with a machete, but with a lawsuit.r (or whatever its called) or just give up?

Papercuts from legal paperwork cut pretty deep.

37 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Interesting that the developers behind Killer Puzzle haven't mentioned anything about the lawsuit affecting their game. 

Give it time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read this entire post and replies. Very disappointed and upset with how things look right now. I loved this game. I was never a huge F13 fan. I didnt start playing this game because of the label. My friend introduced me to it and I fell in “love” with the intense survival aspect of the game. It offered the feeling of being in another world, one in which your only goal was to stay alive. It was probably the first video game I ever spent 31 days playing, lol. And now it looks like it may be over. The Friday The 13th Game has had its ups and lots of downs. It’s had plenty of bugs and a god-awful launch. It’s developers have had some serious communication issues, and have blatenly lied to us at times. But it has always offered me a fun and enjoyable time, and I have met tons of amazing people that I believe I will stay in contact with for years. And so I ask you, and I think I speak for all of the true fans of the game, please keep the servers up and running. Keep the game alive, and keep on updating it. You may not be able to release new content, but you can change aspects of the game. Improve the perk system. Give players new ways to progress. Keep the game interesting and alive and I promise you that true Friday The 13th fans, as well as true F13 Game fans, will continue to play this truly exceptional video game. And if you can’t, won’t, or don’t: it’s been fun. Please listen to this forum. We still have hope.

- Hugh Paul

@wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t believe a word of what Gun Media says. Every bit of content or fixes we were promised was either severely delayed or cancelled. I’m almost certain that dedicated servers will not come, as it was supposed to be implemented last year, if they knew the game needed a engine upgrade for dedicated servers why did they wait so long to upgrade it? I think they are stopping content because every time they add content something breaks the game and they can’t handle it. They bit off more than they could chew, they didn’t even realize at launch that this game would be so popular thats why servers were flooded at launch.

Empty promises and delays, the story of F13 the game.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for the poor suckers that was promised heaven for pledges. Look at them now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Yobo1987 said:

I feel sorry for the poor suckers that was promised heaven for pledges. Look at them now...

They didn't promise me heaven....... They promised me a fully working game. I ain't ever seen proof that heaven exists but I've seen many a working game, so I know it's possible.

All I want is a working game. Not content. Not Space Jason. Not Muffin the dog. Not the Pamela. Not 21 Jump Street. Not Magic Daggers. Not Reckless.

Just a working game with minimal glitches. That's all. It ain't as hard as they making it look. If it was, there wouldn't be 40,000 games to choose from.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

All I want is a working game. Not content. Not Space Jason. Not Muffin the dog. Not the Pamela. Not 21 Jump Street. Not Magic Daggers. Not Reckless.

Just a working game with minimal glitches. That's all. It ain't as hard as they making it look. If it was, there wouldn't be 40,000 games to choose from.

Well, good luck getting that now.

I'll eat my f**king shorts if dedicated servers or hell, even any bug fixes come that bring the game to a somewhat working state.

I think you and several others here called it.....Gun's cashing in the chips and using the Miller lawsuit as an excuse. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Well, good luck getting that now.

I'll eat my f**king shorts if dedicated servers or hell, even any bug fixes come that bring the game to a somewhat working state.

I think you and several others here called it.....Gun's cashing in the chips and using the Miller lawsuit as an excuse. 

 

Part in bold:  That is my suspicion as well.  That is why I'm emailing other people that have Friday the 13th products (Blue Wizard, Neca, etc.) to see if they are also putting things on hold right now because of the lawsuit.  If or when I hear back I'll let you guys know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheRaven said:

I don’t believe a word of what Gun Media says. Every bit of content or fixes we were promised was either severely delayed or cancelled. I’m almost certain that dedicated servers will not come, as it was supposed to be implemented last year, if they knew the game needed a engine upgrade for dedicated servers why did they wait so long to upgrade it? I think they are stopping content because every time they add content something breaks the game and they can’t handle it. They bit off more than they could chew, they didn’t even realize at launch that this game would be so popular thats why servers were flooded at launch.

Empty promises and delays, the story of F13 the game.

This. The legal documents are proof that someone at Gun has known about the lawsuit for longer than they are feigning. They didn’t get an email yesterday saying there was suddenly a lawsuit. They’ve known about this as long as a year and a half and no less than 8 months. So between 18 and 8 months Gun has known about this lawsuit and the potential for it to impact the game in some way. It has obviously informed how they’ve released content and the timeline thus far. It’s also par for the course regarding misinformation that has been fed over the past year to placate fans. Although it’s not, it feels like a betrayal which occurs when information is withheld from a person for whatever reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Part in bold:  That is my suspicion as well.  That is why I'm emailing other people that have Friday the 13th products (Blue Wizard, Neca, etc.) to see if they are also putting things on hold right now because of the lawsuit.  If or when I hear back I'll let you guys know.

Hopefully they're not just using it as a excuse.

 

Otherwise that = this fame definitely dying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the game has been out over a year and no dedicated servers

in 2018

it's not happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

This. The legal documents are proof that someone at Gun has known about the lawsuit for longer than they are feigning. They didn’t get an email yesterday saying there was suddenly a lawsuit. They’ve known about this as long as a year and a half and no less than 8 months. So between 18 and 8 months Gun has known about this lawsuit and the potential for it to impact the game in some way. It has obviously informed how they’ve released content and the timeline thus far. It’s also par for the course regarding misinformation that has been fed over the past year to placate fans. Although it’s not, it feels like a betrayal which occurs when information is withheld from a person for whatever reason. 

We don't know all the details and Gun don't know all the details about miller's case, what else could they do, just halt everything? No, they continued until they received notification from lawyers that no more content could be released. 

I don't know why its being assumed that legal documents have been available willy nilly to anybody connected to a friday the 13th ip product and implicating that gun has been fucking everyone with secret knowledge. 

Even though different, here in the UK, a family member can't always find out the content of a will of the deceased until the lawyers/solicitor has dealt with it first. It's just the way this legal bullshit goes, but let's not automatically start accusing based on no knowledge of the legal matter other than website posts, which is what's starting to happen here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kohagan said:

but let's not automatically start accusing based on no knowledge of the legal matter other than website posts, which is what's starting to happen here.

But that's what we do best. Fucking sad, isn't it? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Damm I felt the same way when Alien: Isolation didn't get a sequel.

Off topic, I’ve never played Alien: Isolation, is it any good? Scary? What’s the premise?

On topic: Very sad news indeed. Even with the issues that plagued this game, I still love it. The community here has been fantastic as well.

I wonder, if Victor Miller wins the lawsuit, would that put the kibosh on future movies too? I ask this, because In interviews, he always seems pretty pissed off that there were ANY sequels to the original Friday. As he stated that Jason was just a plot Device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Goodgodman said:

Off topic, I’ve never played Alien: Isolation, is it any good? Scary? What’s the premise?

On topic: Very sad news indeed. Even with the issues that plagued this game, I still love it. The community here has been fantastic as well.

I wonder, if Victor Miller wins the lawsuit, would that put the kibosh on future movies too? I ask this, because In interviews, he always seems pretty pissed off that there were ANY sequels to the original Friday. As he stated that Jason was just a plot Device.

Off topic: To answer your question, Alien Isolation is a first-person survival horror game set 15 years after the events of the film, ALIEN. It's the story about Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda (Amy), seeking to find out what happened to her mother and her ship, the Nostromo all those years ago. It's considered to be one of the best Alien games out there in existence now, and yes it is a shame it isn't getting a sequel or even a new story in the same vain as it. Is it scary? Well, that's subjective, but from my own experiences I would say yes. It is, and still is to me at least. If you can find it in a sale on Steam or console stores then grab it, I highly recommend it. 

Back on topic: In the unlikely event that Victor Miller wins the lawsuit, basically he'll just get compensated a shit ton of money and have his name in the credits in anything associated with Friday the 13th. The whole thing comes down to money, and Miller wants more of it. He's just gumming up the works with the franchise because he feels he is entitled to his contributions, which is not much to say the least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the player base will not decrease too much and we will be able to play with what we have. The game is still funny after all (ok a lot of bugs should be fixed etc) and I will still have good time playing it even if new content will not be released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

Spoke to the Killer Puzzle peeps, Victor Miller's shitcunting will be affecting them too ☹️

You've talked to people who play that game? What's your source? Just curious, not trying to sound like an interrogative asshole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

You've talked to people who play that game? What's your source? Just curious, not trying to sound like an interrogative asshole.

I spoke to the game devs on twitter. They said the lawsuit affects their Killer Puzzle game too, no doubt in the same way with future content 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

I spoke to the game devs on twitter. They said the lawsuit affects their Killer Puzzle game too, no doubt in the same way with future content 

Well shit, I saw the tweet on their feed as well from the game's Twitter page, that does truly suck. So it's not just Friday the 13th The Game being affected. I'm sure manufacturing products like Funko Pop vinyl figurines are also on hold, and the NECA figures, etc. Hindsight, maybe just MAYBE Illfonic will use this time wisely to get those bugs and glitches all patched up, get the game back to working to near perfection and if this thing goes away soon they can celebrate by releasing Jason X content or something. But, we'll cross that bridge if it gets there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Goodgodman said:

Off topic, I’ve never played Alien: Isolation, is it any good? Scary? What’s the premise?

On topic: Very sad news indeed. Even with the issues that plagued this game, I still love it. The community here has been fantastic as well.

I wonder, if Victor Miller wins the lawsuit, would that put the kibosh on future movies too? I ask this, because In interviews, he always seems pretty pissed off that there were ANY sequels to the original Friday. As he stated that Jason was just a plot Device.

Alien: Isolation is a survival horror game based in the Alien universe. The game takes place fifteen years after Ellen Ripley set her ship the Nostromo for self-destruct after the crew encountered a deadly alien lifeform. In the game you take control of Amanda Ripley. Ellen was her mother and for the last fifteen years she has been searching for any sign of her or her ship. When the company she works for finds the Nostromo's flight recorder she heads to the Sevastopol space station to collect it and find out what happened to her mother.

            The environment is recreated from the 1979 classic horror film. The Alien is a deadly force of nature in this game. It stalks the halls looking for you seemingly at random. It can't be killed only driven away and is easily the best artificial intelligence you will find in a game to date. Other enemies include human survivors on the Sevastopol who are scared shitless and may or may not shoot at you. And murderous androids who have gone haywire and are killing people on the station. Amanda is pretty well armed. She can craft IED's and Noisemakers to drive away or destract the Alien and other enemies. Amanda also finds a pistol, shotgun, bolt gun and a flamethrower. The first three weapons are effective on the humans and androids and the flamethrower is effective at driving the Alien away. And the motion tracker you get is crucial for sneaking around and tracking the Alien and other dangers.

                    This game is extremely difficult until you understand how to sneak around the Alien. And the game will also scare the living shit of you due to it's excellent sound design and well built environment and antagonist. I recommend easy or novice until you get the basics down and then hard or nightmare if you want a challenge. Computer logs spread around the station detail the fall of the Sevastopol and add to the creepy sense of empty dread that this game seems to make you feel all of the time. 

                  As a video gamer the game is easily a solid four out of five. As a fan of the Alien universe five out of five. I would recommend this game to anyone who said Friday the 13th The Game wasn't scary enough. Alien: Isolation came out four years ago and the base game and all it's DLC is fairly cheap at this point. One thing to point out however. This game is single-player only. And it's DLC includes a few maps from the 1979 film and thirty more arcade like challenge levels that distill the gameplay to it's essence. I can't recommend this game enough to horror fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dissapointing. This dev team took too damm long releasing new content. 1 year later, should have a map and Jason from each movie . Especially with how successful the initial sales were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think shadow man was a very good survival horror games. It was one of the games that scared the crap outta me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second @Alien_Number_Six comments on Isolation. Not to mention the alien's incredible AI. One of the best I've ever experienced. Recommended!

On topic though. Is the game already falling apart? I haven't recently seen this many connection errors since launch!

Even I am getting a bit worried here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I still think shadow man was a very good survival horror games. It was one of the games that scared the crap outta me.

You talking about the one for the Gamecube? That one takes me back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×