Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What is the actual reason for them to exist? What are their Purpose?

And please don´t come with trolls or something because we all know it by now but it is obviously not the reason why they exist.

I really don´t know…… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just add a little extra flavor to the game IMO.  Don't think its that deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the "official" reason was so that people without mics (although who the hell doesn't have a mic in 2018?) would have a way of communicating in-game. The problem with that logic is that this game is too fast-paced, and the perspective changing too often, for anyone to bother noticing someone trying to communicate with a two second emote.

Realistically, the emotes are most used (as least by me), as @HuDawg said, to add a little flavor to the game. They can be fun if used correctly. Sadly, however, they have been appropriated by those in the trolling community and, when used within that context, can be really fucking annoying and obnoxious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original set of dance emotes were dlc and a way to make a quick buck. The new ones are there because they were incapable of offering anything of real substance to players for completing the single player challenges. Ultimately, I think they exist simply because of down time/boredom during the mocap sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ORIGINALLY:

"I have no Mic and I must tell this dude I don't have keys or to shut the fuck up."

IN PRACTICE:

[dancing on a KO'd Jason]

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

What is the actual reason for them to exist? What are their Purpose?

And please don´t come with trolls or something because we all know it by now but it is obviously not the reason why they exist.

I really don´t know…… 

If you ask me, it's to taunt Jason either when they're playing "All Around the Mulberry Bush" with a sofa/car, or after they stun Jason.

It's those folks who generally leave the game as soon as Jason finally grabs them to "get the last laugh." They're a cancer to the community.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get out of the sweater animation as sweater girl to perform the stun to bring Jason to his knees.  That is the alternative if you don't have an item to drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to occupy a regular persons attention span, it acts like Pavlov's bell only it's self administered, it makes you happy when you do it. If people give you positive feedback (yourself included), then later even if your alone and little bored, dancing/emoting will trigger the same endorphins. It keeps people playing because they can self medicate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

To get out of the sweater animation as sweater girl to perform the stun to bring Jason to his knees.  That is the alternative if you don't have an item to drop. 

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing!

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just to occupy a regular persons attention span, it acts like Pavlov's bell only it's self administered, it makes you happy when you do it. If people give you positive feedback (yourself included), then later even if your alone and little bored, dancing/emoting will trigger the same endorphins. It keeps people playing because they can self medicate. 

Deep...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing!

 

Welcome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Deep

He asked, its the truth. I thought you of all people would appreciate that. Also knowing that's what you're doing helps you break the habit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can hide your weapon in the animation; Jason goes after dancing Tiff, winds up on the wrong side of a surprise shotgun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He asked, its the truth. I thought you of all people would appreciate that. Also knowing that's what you're doing helps you break the habit.

I wasn't even giving you shit there, that was a really in-depth explanation of it lol

Taking psychology classes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read my sisters text books for university when I was in high school, my teachers hated it. 

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Taking psychology classes?

There's a proper name for the effect but I can't remember, it was half a life ago. 

Edit - Truth, I didn't read the rest of the thread till just now, I know that's your M.O. not mine but now your deep comment makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also helps give the characters a little more life and personality. Otherwise, they may as well be blank lifeless mannequins. 

The SP challenges also helped in that sense, although I do wish the characters would have different voice interactions when with certain other characters like Overwatch does.

It also helps pass the time when waiting for stamina to regenerate or standing at the police exit waiting on other players, etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it annoys most Jason players but it adds fun to the game otherwise the devs wouldn't be making them for the game. Most games include emotes or dances now, there's a huge market for it & it's making so much money. 

At first everyone wanted to be Jason all the time, now it's just as fun being a counselor probably more since playing Jason can be a bitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The serious answer is for amusement and to convey instructions if you haven't got voice communication. There are some emotes like 'over here', 'go away', 'no', 'yes' etc etc that are quite useful for that. Dance emotes and such are just for amusement, but generally are the troll's weapon of choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Dance emotes and such are just for amusement, but generally are the troll's weapon of choice.

I've become quite fond of the "blow kiss" emote. The male equivalent is almost as good as speedo Chad shaking his ass.

I also used that on a Jason as he busted through a door. It distracted him just enough to get smacked in the face with a bat just before I ran out of the cabin. He just stood there confused as to what he should do about it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I believe the "official" reason was so that people without mics (although who the hell doesn't have a mic in 2018?) would have a way of communicating in-game. The problem with that logic is that this game is too fast-paced, and the perspective changing too often, for anyone to bother noticing someone trying to communicate with a two second emote.

Realistically, the emotes are most used (as least by me), as @HuDawg said, to add a little flavor to the game. They can be fun if used correctly. Sadly, however, they have been appropriated by those in the trolling community and, when used within that context, can be really fucking annoying and obnoxious.

Sometimes people can't use mics.  Like when the GF wants to go to bed and tells you to be quiet.  Or when she knows that being loud means Jason will hear you so she'll yell while your under a bed.

Also sometimes I don't feel like talking.  Or I don't want to talk to the 3 8 year olds in my lobby.

Presently I use the empty pocket emote if I'm not on mic and someone asks if I have keys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime Jason gets a love tap onto the floor I'm shaking that ass in his face.

He's a dirty boy with a mother fetish.

Jason likes to see me twerk my way to victory during the police escape.

After the foreplay is over he goes back to the shack to finish things up with mother's severed head.

Don't ask what is in that toilet.

You don't want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the emotes are a joking expression to teabag or to communicate with other players that may not have a mic. But a vast majority use them just for teabagging. I don’t like teabagging, but even I must admit, the pelvic thrust emote is way better than a squat in Jason’s face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the quick play crowd doesn't use mics. Like often only maybe 1-2 people in a lobby will be using a mic and sometimes 0 at all. Not many use the emotes well either but I'll occasionally use them.

I've led 2 people to Pamela tapes by flashing the flashlight on and off and spamming come here emote before. I have all her tapes so the times when I see another I try my hardest to get the nearest person's attention to come grab the tape.

For the rare times someone has a mic and is actually asking me a question about the game like "do you have the keys" I will do the no emote if I don't have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To justify the full hour's rental of the mo-cap studio.

They really have no purpose and were one of the first warning signs that the devs forgot their original vision for the game as outlined in their kickstarter proposal

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×