So, there is really an argument in the subreddit and the forums regarding the balance of this game. I mean, you might have heard these quotes or similar things said:

"Jason is underbalanced!"

"Why does he get knocked down a lot?"

"Counselors are too OP!"

"Jason needs buffs!"

"Jason is not fun to play!"

This obviously proves that many people think that Jason is underbalanced. In many instances, I have heard the idea of making Jason almost impossible to stun or at least very difficult to stun. As neither a counselor or Jason main, I will do my best to present no bias and present both sides of the argument. Many people have come out to say that Jason is extremely weak. Most of the time, they bring up the fact he gets knocked around like a pinball, and that counselors are too OP, but here are my thoughts on this.

I think Jason is completely balanced, although could use minor tweaking, and he is fine where he is. People often complain about counselors being too overpowered, but I disagree. For one, each are extremely good in different areas and terrible in others. In what regard is the counselor too overpowered? To me, counselors have everything to fight back against Jason and escape, but Jason can still prevent this. That's the point of the game. Some characters will be repairing escape objectives, and others will be buying those counselors time. I don't think that combat in-game needs changes. Sure, it is annoying to be stunned by a bat, wrench, axe, or pipe, but the thing that always fucks me up is that many people I have encountered have said that Jason can't do anything to prevent it. Wrong! He has the ability to block, to dodge, and the ability to just hack the counselor to death. Blocking is normally the best option in these situations, and gives Jason a chance to defend himself. Blocking completely negates stuns if he blocks. Of course, he has a set chance to block, but his chance is still fairly decent.

Also, to the people that think that giving him a really high stun resistance, that would be broken. For one, many counselors are centered around buying time for their teammates and stunning Jason. If Jason could not get stunned very easily, then Jason would almost always kill everyone. Additionally, many counselors who lack speed, strength, and stamina need to stun Jason to be able to defend themselves. I saw a thread here the other day that counselors should get no stamina for knocking down Jason, but I disagree with this entirely. For one, those counselors who lack athleticism will easily die then, where they already are easy to kill anyway. It wouldn't be fun dealing with so many people playing Vanessa or Tiffany, or anyone with a high stamina stat for that matter. Nobody would want to play counselors with low stamina then because if Jason shows up, they'd be dead. They would not be able to get far at all to help themselves. 

Jason has everything he needs to annihilate counselors, and the counselors have the opportunities to defend themselves and protect themselves, but Jason also has counters to those. I'm tired of people saying that Jason is underbalanced. This is clearly a balance debate that won't go anywhere or be completely resolved, but here is my analysis and thoughts on combat in this game.

• Like 3

1 on 1 you are correct. As soon as there is 2 counselors that are willing to fight and know what they are doing, Jason is fucked. I see your point. I don't agree with most of them but oh well. Good killings or escaping in the future.

• Thanks 2

I have no issues with combat balancing overall, my issue and what I think needs to be tweaked is his damage. I have played in extremely experienced private lobbies, these players can literally knock Jason’s mask off at times with 3 stuns, and can get in groups of 4 and 5 on a small map pretty quickly giving Jason players no chance from get away from killing him. When the game first came out, the first few months it was fun to play Jason because the #1 counselor priority was escaping, now (unless you play total noob players) It’s killing Jason. I have seen these same players kill 5 or 6 Jason’s in a row, it’s just still way too easy for them. Blocking works but it doesn’t protect Jason from damage.

The fun of playing Jason against great counselors has been gone for awhile.

@Buddy489 Jason is in a pretty good place... also counselors need no nerfs or buffs. It is, however... generally agreed that it is too easy to kill Jason. Many people have figured out how to avoid and punish the new grab and many players do not like it... but given time to get used to it, they may yet change their minds. From what I have seen in game and read on these forums...pinata Jason has returned... and piñata Jason is a frickin' joke.
   Tweaks are still required for Jason, specifically to combat. Combat stance is also a joke against smart players and might as well be a joke against players that have played more than a dozen games while trying to beat on the big guy. I do not participate in Jason bullying ever since I discovered how frustrating it can be. I survive and lead Jason on a merry chase across the map and back with the slowest counselors quite often. I almost never even take a swing at him.
   "Lear to block?" I have... and am pretty damned good at it. Jason goes into combat stance and block... Why is any smart player even going to waste a hit on his block? It still counts towards the weapon breaking. All they have to do is stay out of combat stance themselves and hover out of range. He cannot catch up to them in combat stance, or throw a knife for that matter... so he comes out of combat stance. Then they move in and stun him. If Jason just stands there in combat stance with block... no one moves in to his reach. Time is on the counselor's side after all. Makes for a pretty frickin' boring game for Jason if you ask me.

It is now a pretty slow entrance into block as it has been slowed for some reason, bug or intended... and even before this... good luck getting back into block before the battle Chads with swift attacker move in. Against a lone counselor, a swift attack against Jason merely shows him you are using it... the next time you turn to attack, an immediate quick throw and your attack is canceled, and you will find yourself in his grip... if you are playing against me. But with even a second counselor there, let alone a third or forth or more... swift attacker is deadly. And it is used by pretty much everyone that wants to bully Jason. And I am not saying swift attacker should be nerfed in ANY way.

"Learn to use block" is laughable once you realize this. Learn to use combat without having to rely on an exploit that Jason has absolutely no defense against... he cannot block coming out of a stun, and double taps are used to great effect to remove his mask. This is exactly why it is "easy to kill Jason". Removing the mask without relying on the double tap exploit takes skill... stopping them from removing your mask when they do not use the double tap takes actual skill at using block... but since going into block has been slowed down, this is also a joke now.
   Make no mistake... an exploit IS something that there is no counter to or defense against. If there is any way around it at all... it is not an exploit. There is no way around Jason being hit coming out of a stun. Combat stance needs to be thrown out the window. Block and heavy attacks need key bindings for both counselors and Jason.... and Jason needs the ability to block when coming out of a stun... counselors do not get stunned, so they do not need this ability. This will change the dynamic of combat for both sides of play... but both will actually be able to defend against any attack. Counselors can after all, use ninja level reflexes and block throwing knives. I didn't know they have been training all their lives for their encounter with Jason.

• Like 1

Personal, I think Jason was better previously before the engine Update, and its mainly dude to bugs and gimped blocking.  Since I reinstall right before the "hotfix",  I've decided to invest more time into Jason.  While I have had a very competent technical Jason, because I focused so much time into Counselors, I had lack experience.  So far, doing pretty good, many games going 7/7 (notice its not 8/8 B)), with one bad one at 2/7 (I morphed to the phone house, cut the power, but forgot to trap the phone.... woops <_<).  What I learned is just how bad Blocking has became much worse before the update as @Ahabmentioned.  It's not as responsive, slow, and sometime I'm still stunned even though I didn't release block.  Sometime after a blocked swing from a counselor, Jason gets "locked up" where he can't grab nor swing after I run cancel out.  To correct it, you have to CS then CS out, and that can be frustrating during moments when dealing with groups or control over an objective.  Also, the removal of body blocking also hurt Jason's ability to handle groups.  Technically, chain stunning from PK has been removed, however you can still stun Jason just as he recovers from the PK animation.  Why he doesn't have invincibility frames are beyond me.  I didn't have much trouble with the new grab, but it is SUPER punishable on wiff.  I've been playing a lot of Adam on games I wasn't given Jason, and I've been having a easy time demasking pretty much most Jason's, many hits coming off of wiffs.

Player can still be effective with Jason, but there is more stacked against him now, especially dealing with group, than in the previous engine.  While I've have been ganged up on, and faced several J-kill squads, I didn't allow them to bully me.   Quick block is not reliable, so it better to use movement to evade swings and punish.  Use slashes at max range then bail to avoid a counter attack.  Be patient, don't be discourage when they spray, they are using up resources, Don't fear bats, fear machetes, and assess who is the weakest or most unprepared to retailate/counter and go after them, using all of Jason's abilities optimally.  Better players will be able to adapt, but for the average player, they'll likely get bullied when counselors aren't given a reason to respect that Jason player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

You are greatly misinformed. Jason CAN throw throwing knives out of block and can quickly get back. This just shows that you're a casual player. There are many ways for Jason to enter block quickly and stop the gang rapes. I suggest you play with Tommy, Mx, etc. They know all the Jason tricks and can show you Jason doesn't need a huge buff. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Make no mistake... an exploit IS something that there is no counter to or defense against. If there is any way around it at all... it is not an exploit. There is no way around Jason being hit coming out of a stun. Combat stance needs to be thrown out the window. Block and heavy attacks need key bindings for both counselors and Jason.... and Jason needs the ability to block when coming out of a stun... counselors do not get stunned, so they do not need this ability. This will change the dynamic of combat for both sides of play... but both will actually be able to defend against any attack. Counselors can after all, use ninja level reflexes and block throwing knives. I didn't know they have been training all their lives for their encounter with Jason.

Unfortunately for Jason, the only counter or defence is to not get flat-lined or PKed, similar to a unblock-able setup in fighting games.  Until Jason gets invincibility frames coming off of stun, if that ever happens :rolleyes:, if you see machetes (or even a poker), use extreme caution.  Flee until you have a better situation for yourself if afforded, maintain block if over aggressive, and don't risk a grab.

2 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

You are greatly misinformed. Jason CAN throw throwing knives out of block and can quickly get back. This just shows that you're a casual player. There are many ways for Jason to enter block quickly and stop the gang rapes. I suggest you play with Tommy, Mx, etc. They know all the Jason tricks and can show you Jason doesn't need a huge buff. 

What do you mean?  You mean CS-Block, un-CS, throw knife, CS-Block during knife recover?

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

What do you mean?  You mean CS-Block, un-CS, throw knife, CS-Block during knife recover?

Yes, this is possible to do. It’s effective because the counselor won’t expect it. 

3 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Yes, this is possible to do. It’s effective because the counselor won’t expect it. 

I just wanted him to clarify what he meant, since it's a obvious tech to anyone playing the game long enough.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I just wanted him to clarify what he meant, since it's a obvious tech to anyone playing the game long enough.

I don't remember the actual controls since I don't play Jason often enough to learn all of them, but I do know it's possible. I was replying to the other guy who stated it wasn't possible. 

Am I doing the combat stance wrong all along or is there a way to target who you want to block from?

My main gripe on Cs is when there's multiple counselors surrounding me, he's sometimes flipping around who I actually want to target so I cant block against them.

It just seems a fucked up mechanic in group situations, one in one obviously there's no one else it could accidently target, so it works. 

8 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Am I doing the combat stance wrong all along or is there a way to target who you want to block from?

My main gripe on Cs is when there's multiple counselors surrounding me, he's sometimes flipping around who I actually want to target so I cant block against them.

It just seems a fucked up mechanic in group situations, one in one obviously there's no one else it could accidently target, so it works. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to toggle and lock-on to a specific target, however CS-block does autoblock all directions.  If you have multiple counselor trying to hit you, just hold up block until they break their weapons or scatter.

• Thanks 1

The main issue is that blocking in combat stance only helps Jason from getting stunned, he still takes damage and enough times blocking attacks and all its takes is one axe or machete stun for the mask to come off. Maybe if he only took damage when hits land unblocked that would make more sense. Jason can’t use medspay and heal, he’s vulnerable to ever shot he takes blocking or not. Not to mention that Jason can be stunned by the sweater from the front or back, and it takes way too long to resist it.

7 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

The main issue is that blocking in combat stance only helps Jason from getting stunned, he still takes damage and enough times blocking attacks and all its takes is one axe or machete stun for the mask to come off. Maybe if he only took damage when hits land unblocked that would make more sense. Jason can’t use medspay and heal, he’s vulnerable to ever shot he takes blocking or not. Not to mention that Jason can be stunned by the sweater from the front or back, and it takes way too long to resist it.

While true, blocked attack take extensively less damage.  The only way you'll need to worry about mask falling off from a blocked attack is if you've already taken clean hits from a machete.

10 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

Blocking completely negates stuns if he blocks. Of course, he has a set chance to block, but his chance is still fairly decent.

A set chance to block damage, not stuns. The only stun you will receive if you are blocking will be the stun off the demask, which means two things - you would've taken a ton of damage already (with the tiny amount of block damage being enough to finish your HP) or Buggzy was laying into you with a machete when one of your blocks failed. This is because block damage is so miniscule, even with 10 Str. To give you an idea, a heavy machete with 10 Str deals 80 damage but on block it only deals 5 damage max.

9 hours ago, TheRaven said:

I have played in extremely experienced private lobbies, these players can literally knock Jason’s mask off at times with 3 stuns, and can get in groups of 4 and 5 on a small map pretty quickly giving Jason players no chance from get away from killing him.

They are not demasking him off stuns, as actual stun damage even off a heavy axe hit is between 2-5. This is why machete is the only reliable weapon for demask, not only does it deal more damage vs axe but axe also has high stun chance. You can break axes on Jason and still not demask. But regarding Jason mask HP, I absolutely agree it needs to be buffed. That is a no brainer and something I've been saying for months.

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

Combat stance is also a joke against smart players and might as well be a joke against players that have played more than a dozen games while trying to beat on the big guy.

That is because you do not understand how to use combat stance. Majority of players don't and it's something I am constantly explaining. Combat stance shouldn't be thought of as a "stance", it should be thought of as aim assist. Because that's exactly what it is. Combat stance should always be activated before a swing, either as counselor or Jason, because that will lead your swing directly at the target. The players that don't use combat stance for attacks are the ones you see wildly swinging and whiffing in the opposite direction for example. Both light and heavy attacks can be performed in CS even on console, with light being the better option unless you're trying to demask, as heavy has bad tracking (but more range and roughly double damage as counselor). 

As Jason, combat stance can be used for a variety of things. Not only attacks, but also perfectly centering targets prior to a quick toss knife, chasing after a counselor which will automatically rotate you if they change directions suddenly, strafing, and even laying traps precisely. It should always be used as a quick in/out in combat, to perform its function and exit out after, so you are retaining your full mobility. Blocking should be used in the same way, quick block the attack and exit out of CS after. That is one thing that did not need to be tied to aim assist however, as block already has full 360 coverage anyway. 

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

Jason goes into combat stance and block... Why is any smart player even going to waste a hit on his block? It still counts towards the weapon breaking. All they have to do is stay out of combat stance themselves and hover out of range. He cannot catch up to them in combat stance, or throw a knife for that matter... so he comes out of combat stance. Then they move in and stun him. If Jason just stands there in combat stance with block... no one moves in to his reach. Time is on the counselor's side after all. Makes for a pretty frickin' boring game for Jason if you ask me.

That is because the Jasons you are playing against do not know how to block. They know the controls, but they don't know how to use it effectively to both pressure counselors and defend themselves at the same time. The technique is to bait the counselor into hitting you, and the way you bait is by draining stamina and/or dealing damage with knives. 1 knife deals 30 damage, if you throw 2 that is now 60 damage and instant cripple for a non-thick skin counselor which means their mobility advantage is gone. Only thing that will save them is spray and they need to do that in your face which is a risk. Stamina can be drained quickly with Shift, as counselor needs to run or they get grabbed. For this reason it is best to run your Shift to its limit instead of trying to grab at the first opportunity, since good players can evade it easily.

Once you put counselor in a position where they need to hit you to regain stam or buy time if crippled, you keep good spacing, watch for their swing start up and that is when you block. Once they start they are locked into swing animation, you take the hit and then you grab off the block to punish. Not even a dodge cancel on hit can escape a perfect block grab, as dodge is a teleport (counselor stays at point A until they reach point B, regardless of animation). Alternatively you can throw knife during their swing start up instead of blocking, and interrupt the recovery with grab. Only the inexperienced Jason is going to be slowly walking after you in combat stance holding his block up, which is very foolish since a counselor can simply slowly jog ahead and outpace him. They can also turn and burn simply to regain stam, as they still gain it on a blocked hit.

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

It is now a pretty slow entrance into block as it has been slowed for some reason, bug or intended... and even before this... good luck getting back into block before the battle Chads with swift attacker move in.

If you aren't host, yes combat stance now has longer entry time and that is not intended. It is just another bug.

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

Counselors can after all, use ninja level reflexes and block throwing knives. I didn't know they have been training all their lives for their encounter with Jason.

They can block knives at the cost of losing weapon durability. For that reason, blocking knives is not worth it unless it is close range, as even mid range they can be easily dodged. I mean dodge through movement, not the dodge mechanic which costs more stam and should only be used on hit to avoid punish off a non-stun. 

Lot more to say on this topic but that's enough for this post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

This obviously proves that many people think that Jason is underbalanced. In many instances, I have heard the idea of making Jason almost impossible to stun or at least very difficult to stun. As neither a counselor or Jason main, I will do my best to present no bias

I think this just boils down to perception of the game.

Way I see.  If all melee weapons where removed from the game...   Counselors would still escape IF all counselors went at ALL objectives.  Simply because Jason cannot be everywhere at once.   And it doesn't even matter what counselor you use.^

But there are melee weapons in the game.  But that doesn't mean Jason should be so easily stunned all the time.  

As far counselors go.. IMO i think its too easy to stun.. Which makes the game look silly from a counselor perspective and annoying from Jason perspective.

I prefer this game to be more of a game of hide and seek.. Instead of seek and beat.

I think this game needs to tone down the combat of counselors and strengthen the counselors hide/running game mechanics..  (As in sense should be nerfed a bit and only see extremely scared counselors, stamina only drains when sprinting or using melee attacks).. 

This game just feels better when its a game of cat and mouse.  And when the mice can easily beat the cat up.  It loses its edge.

• Like 1

One of my favorite moves is when Jason is outside your cabin window go into block and move back and forth. You'd be amazed how many people miss their throws. Half the time you can bait them into using up all their knives for little to no damage. 

19 hours ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

I am not greatly misinformed at all... I said: "He cannot catch up to them in combat stance, or throw a knife for that matter... so he comes out of combat stance." and so on.
   You cannot throw a knife in combat stance at all, blocking or not.... please explain how I am misinformed. I am fully aware you can leave combat stance and throw a knife and go back into combat stance and never said you couldn't. The post was getting long enough and I did not think people would need every single detail explained to them... as this one should not have needed to be explained to someone who has been around as long as you... we have conversed before, but its been a while (remember the who was Liz Daw? joke... and I finished watching Scream Queens a while back).
   Also... I have no issue dealing with groups. I have a lot of practice and it is extremely rare any of the battle Chads that want to fight actually walk away. This does not change the fact that piñata Jason is a joke. I also manage to keep my mask most of the time.
   And I almost never miss with a quick throw... lots of practice with that too.... but I have good games and bad games like everyone else.
   I also was not suggesting a huge buff for Jason, I was suggesting losing combat stance for Jason and counselors... which would still be more of a buff to counselors than anything else as they are never slowed to Jason's speed this way, but would make the use of block a bit more feasible (for both sides of play). The only way this is a nerf is for players that need to rely on aim assist in combat stance, but I have read more people asking for it to be removed than those that say it is remotely helpful. This is just my opinion and I have also stated in other posts that we should not listen to any one person's ideas... but the community should try to build on ideas.
  Just how exactly does any of this show that I am a casual player?

@GeneiJin Glad you are back in the game... and actually playing Jason no less!! You may lack experience with the big guy, but it sounds like you are already doing well with him. The new grab just takes some getting used to... you actually have to aim it better than before the update.... and it is only punishable if you miss (it happens), or try to grab against two or more counselors. I do pretty well with it. Turning to evade works well when you get the timing down (but not when you are surrounded by battle Chads)… and that block is pretty useless now against good players. Against inexperienced players it can still be used to good effect... but I do not often encounter many noobs these days. 
   The only problem I see with Jason is the combat... I still think combat stance should just be chucked out the window. I have a problem with Jason ever needing to flee and I will fight it out... but if I need throwing knives and sweater girl and Tommy are together... I will take off to gather some knives first... then return to fight it out.
   I doubt we will ever see the invincibility frames, but enough time to get into block after a stun and before being stunned again would be nice. Coming out of a stun in block would still achieve this... but Jason would need some sort of delay before he could attack if using this, but only for blocking when he comes out of a stun... As I said to Lizdaw above, the community needs to build on ideas. Any one idea alone, no matter how well the person thinks that they have thought it out... they probably missed something and others may have some really good additions or subtractions for said idea. I include any idea or suggestion I have with this philosophy as well, not just suggestions of others.

@Tommy86 Oh... but I do understand how to use combat stance. I learned through reading about it here on these forums after purchasing the game, many moons ago... and have dropped thanks and likes on several of your posts describing it, as well as others. Also learned a lot through hands on experience. The thing is... I learned to not rely on aim assist, though I have used a quick CS and slash many times before. It is effective against lone counselors, but not groups in my experience and I do not use it much at all anymore, unless playing counselors... Jason is always alone and his mother cannot help him any more. Aim assist was nice when learning the game, but I do not find a need for it these days.
   I have used the CS to turn quickly and surprise someone trying to sneak up behind me, but I don't need any kind of aim assist at all for quick throws with a knife... I got pretty good at that one and rarely miss unless I am having a bad day, which happens sometimes. I have never used CS to "aim assist" a quick throw and think it is unnecessary. Know where your crosshairs come up on your screen and keep the counselor in that spot on your screen... then quick throw, it works every time. Unless they unexpectedly change direction, in which case the aim assist won't help either.
   I have used CS block to bait players in many times.. but smart players just not falling for it anymore and staying out of range, this sucks when you are out of throwing knives due to the abundance of med sprays and the time required to gather knives in significant numbers. Also when surrounded, with the slight zoom in with CS it is hard to pay attention to your flanks and rear without being punished by the counselor in front of you. Counselors can sneak up behind you for that stun when you drop your block to bait the counselors that you can see. Counselor players are adapting to old tactics that they have seen many times and we must use different tactics to adapt ourselves... but old tactics still work too... just not all the time.
   I also explained the throwing knife cancelling a counselors attack in my previous post... I use it to good effect against players with swift attacker... lots of practice.
   Block is too slow now to get into it after they start a swing... so I have been trying to anticipate. Getting into block before they commit to a swing and the counselor just backs off and stays out of range... when they do this in groups, it is easy to punish Jason as soon as he comes out of block and can be harder to block in many situations... all situational.
   As I said to Lizdaw above, I have no issue dealing with groups... but this does not change the fact that piñata Jason is a joke. I was just trying to make a suggestion that may help.. more HP for Jason sounds good, but will not help at all.... two more double taps and the mask still comes off.
   I did not know that a counselor blocking knives loses weapon durability... I do not do it often, hardly ever in fact... I dodge them in other ways, which would explain why I didn't figure that out on my own. Also never read about that one before... We all learn new stuff all the time.

Everything you stated above is good advice... and hopefully someone else reads it and learns some new stuff. You get another thanks because you did inform me of something I didn't know, as you have done before on several occasions when I have read your posts.... Thanks.

@Ahab, yea, its been pretty fun actually.  I found it kinda boring before, but now with so much counselor combat experiance under my belt, utilizing them but from Jason's end is interesting.  I think now, "what I would do if I was that counselor and how should I counter it?" and I replicate things that I annoy me when I'm counselor.  Ironically, I love fighting Jason, when I'm the J-man, I don't want to fight at all.  Takes too long and not in my favor. Also don't really chase them ether.... I pounce on them like a puma >:D. I try to come up with ways that will make counselors as "Free" as possible.  Funny enough I approach Jason as he's the survivor, "Kill or be Killed" lol.

• Like 1

@GeneiJin With your knowledge of what the counselors are capable of, you will make a formidable Jason in no time. Dealing with the battle Chads is annoying, but just takes practice. 
   I used offline bots for a few things after it was released and it helped a lot... Finding the spawns for throwing knives on the various maps (they do not always spawn in exactly the same places, but where they spawn is still limited)... and then target practice. The bots do not evade like real players do... but for long distance throws, most players do not think you can hit them after thirty feet or so and do not evade anyway at that distance. Archery physics is there for the knives, just find your height above your target for the distance and you may be surprised at how far away you can hit someone... It is also good practice for quick throws when in a close chase, line them up where your crosshairs appear on screen and tap the throw knife button, you just have to remember where the crosshairs show up when you aim (it is not quite centered). They are all easy targets for a quick throw when you are close behind them as they never know when to expect a quick throw.
    I am getting better a quick throws over a greater range... but am still a bit hit and miss with it after thirty feet or so... still practicing with that one.
   Offline bots is also good for finding locations of environment kills on each map, most remain in the same places on the same maps... the high composure, high strength bot counselors break free pretty quick now, but Chad, Deborah, Tiffany, Vanessa, Lachappa and Victoria you can carry a fair distance. 
   Anything else... you can only get hands on experience with real players... Pouncing on them like a puma sounds like you have been putting stalk to good use. Just remember how often, where and why you see Jason on the mini map as a counselor... he is most deadly when they cannot see you on that mini map. And stalk does not necessarily make you disappear from their map (but it probably should unless you are within a line of sight).... and don't forget to smash those windows!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ahab said:

I used offline bots for a few things after it was released and it helped a lot... Finding the spawns for throwing knives on the various maps (they do not always spawn in exactly the same places, but where they spawn is still limited)... and then target practice.

I've been doing a lot of offline, about equal time I spend in multiplayer.  Of course bot themselves are no substitution for real players, I use it for more for map recognition and planing out best routes for objective control.  Although the bots are pretty braindead, the do have a built in "instinct" where the Tommy tower and fuse house is.  If you're quick enough to secure both of these locations, it's a good chance you can do the same against humans, whom typically would be slower finding them.  I don't really use Knives as a long range weapon, I use it for close range, mainly getting better at my 2-hit combo (quick draw into slash for the cripple). I also don't really care for crushing windows for several reasons.  It takes time I'd rather use for other things, closed windows slow down counselors in cases where I can shift grab them from a large distance, and if they lunge though a open one and I'm far away I can throw a knife at the window so they take damage, pressuring them into using up sprays.

@GeneiJin I don't think bots will ever be a substitute for real players... but they might still get better. Offline mode does have its uses though. Map recognition is also important, as is planning routes for objective control and the smashing of power boxes. It amazes me how many people do not know how to read a map though.
   Long distance throws are good for a couple things... canceling animations at the fuse box (or any repair for that matter) when your morph puts you too far away... if the cops get called, you can still get a hit on players pretty far away as they approach... the delay between throwing knives is limiting, but its good to get an extra hit or two before they approach. They do take practice to get good at and are a waste of knives before you do get good at it.
   Windows do take a bit of extra time, but it can help a lot over the course of the game... when doors are locked, leave them alone and smash the windows... not all players run thick skin and it does help to either slow them down or eat up those med sprays. I am always smashing windows when gathering knives as you can also see if there is a knife spawn or two inside the cabin as well... sometimes I leave these for later, but in some cases, it can be worth smashing the door in for the extra knives.
   Every little bit helps... there are a lot of med sprays out there in this wabbit infested campground.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:47 PM, Ahab said:

I am not greatly misinformed at all... I said: "He cannot catch up to them in combat stance, or throw a knife for that matter... so he comes out of combat stance." and so on.
   You cannot throw a knife in combat stance at all, blocking or not.... please explain how I am misinformed. I am fully aware you can leave combat stance and throw a knife and go back into combat stance and never said you couldn't. The post was getting long enough and I did not think people would need every single detail explained to them... as this one should not have needed to be explained to someone who has been around as long as you... we have conversed before, but its been a while (remember the who was Liz Daw? joke... and I finished watching Scream Queens a while back).

I also was not suggesting a huge buff for Jason, I was suggesting losing combat stance for Jason and counselors... which would still be more of a buff to counselors than anything else as they are never slowed to Jason's speed this way, but would make the use of block a bit more feasible (for both sides of play). The only way this is a nerf is for players that need to rely on aim assist in combat stance, but I have read more people asking for it to be removed than those that say it is remotely helpful. This is just my opinion and I have also stated in other posts that we should not listen to any one person's ideas... but the community should try to build on ideas.
  Just how exactly does any of this show that I am a casual player?

Ah, I see. So you have to rely on cherry-picking your statement to to discredit me. Well, the ONLY reason you mentioned that Jason can't throw throwing knives in CS is to show that it's a weakness of his, and something that would assist him in fighting off counselors. That it why I stated that he can, in fact do that. The fact that he has to leave CS for a second doesn't make a difference since he can go back in almost immediately. This is why I stated that you're misinformed--- this is a valid strategy and is viable. 

Again, you really are a casual player if you don't know that this was actually a thing. Both Jason and counselors used to be able to easily glitch themselves to only have to press the block button to block. This was immensely powerful as, in the hands of an at least competent Jason, you could never get one hit in on him. I don't know about you, but as Richie said, I do not want pseudo back. It was impossible to get a hit in and made it extremely boring to die almost instantly because your attacks were always blocked, even with Swift Attacker.