mikebinthesky

Issues knocking Jason to his knees?

Because bladed weapons don’t knock him down anymore after this update. You need to use a bat or frying pan now. 

• Like 1

I can confirm the Axes still work, it hasn't Changed.  It's always been and still is tied to stun chances of the weapon.

• Like 1

Man Ive been trying to get a kill on him for months-I’m a good player just struggling w knocking him down and finding a Jarvis that cooperates lol

10 minutes ago, mikebinthesky said:

Man Ive been trying to get a kill on him for months-I’m a good player just struggling w knocking him down and finding a Jarvis that cooperates lol

pc, xbone, or ps4

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I can confirm the Axes still work, it hasn't Changed.  It's always been and still is tied to stun chances of the weapon.

You on Xbox? Because axes don’t work since the update. Tried several times last week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

You on Xbox? Because axes don’t work since the update. Tried several times last week. 

With the assumtion that all ports are based on the same build, it should work.  Sometimes though the axe will fail to stun the first hit, may have to re-swing but Jason may be able to break free.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

@Thatguyinktown and @BrokenFattHardy killed Jason last night in our lobby on Xbox. They used an axe to drop him and finish him. The axe still works fine.

• Like 2

Bat is the best choice followed by the axe.  I haven't experienced any issues as of late.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

@Thatguyinktown and @BrokenFattHardy killed Jason last night in our lobby on Xbox. They used an axe to drop him and finish him. The axe still works fine.

I saw others on here last week saying the axe doesn’t knock down on the first hit anymore. Then I personally experienced myself. It’s not the same as it was before the update. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebinthesky said:

I am using Deb Kim w sucker punch and just cant seem to get it done-Ima try the frying pan lol

I usually use Vanessa or fox to be the sweater girl.  Maybe Deb just doesn't have enough umph to get it done?  Idk.  They all should be able to do it from what I've experienced. 

Edit:. Also, try to use combat and the heavy attack to drop him. Don't know if anyone has mentioned that or not.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I saw others on here last week saying the axe doesn’t knock down on the first hit anymore. Then I personally experienced myself. It’s not the same as it was before the update. 

1st hit. He went down. Don't know what to tell ya man. Maybe RNG just hasn't been in your favor as of late. I know I get runs of crap luck from time to time.

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

With the assumtion that all ports are based on the same build, it should work.  Sometimes though the axe will fail to stun the first hit, may have to re-swing but Jason may be able to break free.

Axe still works on Xbox. I have killed Jason 5 times this weekend. I use bugz with the axe and I have epic slugger and legendary man at arms on. 

Sucker Punch perk works miracles. I have +22% stun chance. I use axes to kill Jason 90% of the time with the Thrasher perk.

They might have tinkered a bit, in addition to the axe being more iffy, I've needed a "not Tommy" to deliver the stun blow for kills since the patch; even if that's not for everyone, the strongest character with an axe shouldn't be getting out-RNG'd repeatedly by a Mitch with a frying pan on stun chances.

Also need to use the sweater off center now, Tommy can't just step through a locked in place sweater girl for the kill anymore.