Sign in to follow this  
deathbat96777

Single Player Counselor Challenges

What about releasing ten challenges down the road where you play as counselors instead of Jason? Each premise would center around 2 to 4 survivors who've escaped Jason and are banding together to try and defeat him, and with each challenge, we would have nods to the movies where there's various ways you either incapacitate Jason or "kill" him. The rewards for completing these challenges would be as I have outlined below in my mock descriptions and ideas below. 

Challenge 1: The Boy In The Lake 

As the final girl, find a way to kill Pamela Voorhees and escape. This challenge would end with you getting into a boat and kid Jason pulling you under. This would be a great way to put Pamela into the game. 

Challenge 2: The Child Psychologist 

Chad and Victoria are the only ones left alive after sackhead Jason wrecks havok at Pacanack Lodge. Your job is to discover the bodies, find a way into Jason's shack, steal the sweater, and trick Jason so you can shove the machete through his shoulder. 

Challenge 3: Bring Her Home to Mommy 

Playing as Jenny, escape from Jason after he attacks you and kidnaps you (based off the flashback from Part 3 where Chris encountered Jason in the woods)

Challenge 4: Wrath of the Biker Gang

Playing as Fox (with Ali and Loco as NPC), retcon the events of their deaths from Part 3 by ganging up on Jason and taking him out before he can kill your whole crew. 

Challenge 5: An Axe to Grind 

Playing as Jenny once again, work with Chad to defeat Jason as he chases you from the main house to the barn. 

Challenge 6: The Final Chapter

Help the remaining counselors take down Jason on the Jarvis house map. A re-creation of the last several minutes of The Final Chapter, you must evade Jason, assault him with numerous objects, etc before finally killing him by doing "The Jarvis" on Jason. 

Challenge 7: No Life In His Eyes 

Help the remaining counselors take down Roy Burns in the barn at Pinehurst. This would be a great way to put in Reggie as an NPC. 

Challenge 8: The Uninvited Guest

Stop Jason from making it off the Lazarus from Jason Takes Manhattan. 

Challenge 9: Final Resting Place

As Tommy Jarvis, work with surviving counselors to lure Jason into Camp Crystal Lake and put him into his final resting place. 

Challenge 10: The Sting

A recreation of the beginning of Jason Goes to Hell, work as a female counselor and assist the FBI in taking down Jason and blowing him into a million pieces.

. Each map would feature several ways to kill or incapacitate Jason. It's also possible for scenarios to play out in a way in which you don't survive or only make it partially through. It's also possible for you to be unable to save other counselors but still make it to the end. 

. Instead of skulls, you have three patches. One patch is called "All Survivors", meaning every "final guy" or "final girl" make it to the end. The second will be called "Dance with the Devil" which is a patch you get by making physical contact with Jason in a way that either kills or incapacitates him. The third one is for XP just like on the Jason challenges. 

. Instead of unlocking emotes based off achievement, you instead unlock new skins and new kills for which ever version of Jason you are encountering on said map. One example of something you unlock would be a clean skin for Part VI which doesn't have the bullet holes or paintball marks and looks like the Jason at the very beginning of the movie before he received heavy damage. Another example would be a skin for Part IV Jason where you can make him look like dream sequence Jason from A New Beginning. This would have two variations, one that's clean, and one that has dirt on the mask with worms coming out of the eyes. If you manage to get 100% on all ten achievements, you unlock a new weapon for Jason, which is a hammer like the one he killed the cop with in the shack in Part II. 

• Like 4

I could get behind playing SPC Counselor Mode, sounds like a fun way to change it up. 

• Like 1

This would be a great addition to the game if and when it is ever possible...

The "All Survivor" patch sounds like it might be way more difficult to get than the undetected skull on challenge #10... I had a hard time with that one. Some new ways to kill Jason would also be very nice... I hope they remember to make the cutscenes skippable with this one... if they ever do something like this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This would be a great addition to the game if and when it is ever possible...

The "All Survivor" patch sounds like it might be way more difficult to get than the undetected skull on challenge #10... I had a hard time with that one. Some new ways to kill Jason would also be very nice... I hope they remember to make the cutscenes skippable with this one... if they ever do something like this.

All survivor patch sounds bloody hard.

12 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I would like an option for first person with these challenges.

That would be interesting, I think challenges would be a good place to test FPV.

Hearts for everybody, I'm sick of reading bitching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

All survivor patch sounds bloody hard.

That would be interesting, I think challenges would be a good place to test FPV.

Hearts for everybody, I'm sick of reading bitching.

I am sure we could find a way to get both the final boy and final girl patches without too many replays... as long as we could pick which counselor we could play... out of the counselors that are in the challenge. But if the Jason A.I. happened to be up to scratch for these... that All Survivors patch would be hard to get.

I know the state of the game is not what people were hopping for... but I am also sick of all the bitching. 
  I remain optimistic... and still have hope for working fixes and more consistent game play. I just realize that it may take a while... but I will not put the game down... many of the bugs are still amusing and I do not care if I die in the game. What others call game breaking bugs, I call amusing. The only part I get frustrated with are the ever present assholes you run into in game... which is why I play with friends. It is more fun with a lobby full of friends... which means no assholes to deal with. I do not always have enough friends to fill a lobby every time though... but we manage to fill a lobby many nights with people still asking for invites.

I do, thank you for noticing @SmugDoka. If your on a phone it's the '#savecrystallake' slogan. I choose it so that every time...

@ShiftySamurai, sees it he remembers he still hasn't explained to the forum what it means to the dev team, and what it should mean to us. He needs to talk to us about something at some point, I'm feeling rather patient right now, but it doesn't seem as if the rest of the forum is.

Edit - Read the OP if you haven't, it's an interesting idea. (Not you Smug, the other person who is reading this.)

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I do, thank you for noticing @SmugDoka. If your on a phone it's the '#savecrystallake' slogan. I choose it so that every time...

I can see it clearly on my laptop as well, But the # Is Missing it's other half.

2 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

I can see it clearly on my laptop as well, But the # Is Missing it's other half.

I couldn't size it better than that and it was time to put something in there, I guess I like it here trolls and all. 

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I couldn't size it better than that and it was time to put something in there, I guess I like it here trolls and all. 

Mhm, Well it would be better if the game was Indeed Saved by someone.

16 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Mhm, Well it would be better if the game was Indeed Saved by someone.

That would make me very happy, it all comes down to how things are being treated by the people who sign checks. It's one of those situations where if they have something to talk about they should, every time they communicate openly and take the time to talk about something, even if it's unrelated, they earn back time. Time they can fix the issues that are fixable, and keep what good will Dan and Wes earned. 

I'd selfishly want them to talk about Muffin, but really it would be smarter to talk about their (confirmed) plans for the game ie. maps in progress, and Retro. Of course if Muffin is definitely coming then they should definitely lead with that.

(Confirmed as in you know it's going to happen, not any maybes, don't give them ammo)

To be a little on topic, they could also discuss if they have half finish SPC's, that are on the way. It's a good way to let us know that the part people liked the most is going to grow. It lets them be open. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That would make me very happy, it all comes down to how things are being treated by the people who sign checks. It's one of those situations where if they have something to talk about they should, every time they communicate openly and take the time to talk about something, even if it's unrelated, they earn back time. Time they can fix the issues that are fixable, and keep what good will Dan and Wes earned. 

I'd selfishly want them to talk about Muffin, but really it would be smarter to talk about their (confirmed) plans for the game ie. maps in progress, and Retro. Of course if Muffin is definitely coming then they should definitely lead with that.

(Confirmed as in you know it's going to happen, not any maybes, don't give them ammo)

To be a little on topic, they could also discuss if they have half finish SPC's, that are on the way. It's a good way to let us know that the part people liked the most is going to grow. It lets them be open. 

Yep.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@ShiftySamurai , sees it he remembers he still hasn't explained to the forum what it means to the dev team, and what it should mean to us.

#SaveCrystalLake from the pesky counselors ruining it with all of their boozing, premarital sex, and drugs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Edit - Read the OP if you haven't, it's an interesting idea. (Not you Smug, the other person who is reading this.)

How the FUCK did you know?!?!

You predicted the future...

39 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

#SaveCrystalLake from the pesky counselors ruining it with all of their boozing, premarital sex, and drugs.

Confirmed, Drugs are coming to the Lake. So do we get a one hit bongs as a weapon (one hit, as in it breaks not the other kind), toking/Bogarting emotes? 

All joking aside, we really do need something to break up this circle----.

@Slasher_Clone I am on PC... Even with the resize of your profile pic... not including the "#" it still gets the message across. I read Shifty's explanation of it and got a laugh... but I think it has taken up a different meaning to the play base.

I got a bit frustrated last night with everyone (and me) getting booted out of the party lobby when trying to get into a match... so I played through all 10 single player challenges (again). I only missed 3 undetected skulls... but I already have them all unlocked anyway. I look forward to the day we get more single player challenges (and perhaps these suggested counselor challenges), even though it may be a long wait.

Tonight, I will just try private matches... but if I can't get more than 5 players in, every match may just turn into a bloodbath. But with fewer players it will be like a challenge mode for counselors... but might be a good reason to use small maps if I can't fill a lobby. I don't like small maps with a full lobby, its like super easy mode for counselors.