Just anecdotal but I played quite a bit this weekend. Definitely had my share of bugs.

More importantly the most I saw on my friends list was TWO of my friends at one time. Not once could I come up with even close to enough for a private match.

People are jumping ship. That's the bottom line.

20 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Again.  I said 50/50 and used the words My personal experience. So by my math if there are say 200 complaints on forum 100 are genuine. The inly way my post could have upset...... Well anyone is if (A) they really didnt read it all tje way through or (B) They are one of the 50 percent exaggerating. My point was clear and I still stand by my estimation. 

Your math and way of thinking are strange.

People are wired differently sir, just because you don't see a majority of these bugs as genuine doesn't mean that someone else's complaint about them isn't.

I can tell you as a horror purist, s**t like the rainbow blood would boil my blood if it was happening to me.

In short, what you may find acceptable and what you're willing to tolerate for long periods of time between patches, someone else will find gamebreaking, they'll be upset about the spent $40, and they will uninstall and walk away and NEVER purchase another Gun/IIfonic game again. Which judging from the reactions of the past few days....Is the direction we're heading in 

23 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

The only way my post could have upset...... Well anyone is if...

Not really upset, just finding it humorous that its "complete bullshit" to say this game is broken when all my matches broke.

3 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Your math and way of thinking are strange.

People are wired differently sir, just because you don't see a majority of these bugs as genuine doesn't mean that someone else's complaint about them isn't.

I can tell you as a horror purist, s**t like the rainbow blood would boil my blood if it was happening to me.

In short, what you may find acceptable and what you're willing to tolerate for long periods of time between patches, someone else will find gamebreaking, they'll be upset about the spent $40, and they will uninstall and walk away and NEVER purchase another Gun/IIfonic game again. Which judging from the reactions of the past few days....Is the direction we're heading in 

And just because my thoughts dont line up with yours does not make you right and me wrong it simply makes our game experience different. Again I said what I said. I stand by it. 

I think it bothers people that Im not bitching. I say I enjoy the game and some people could be exaggerating and people lose their minds. The world is not coming to an end, the sky is not falling, and all will be well. Ill be on for 4 hours straight later playing a game that is so broken it doesnt work.... 😂 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

And just because my thoughts dont line up with yours does not make you right and me wrong it simply makes our game experience different. Again I said what I said. I stand by it. 

Right, here's the kicker, dude; The fact that your experiences with the game recently and others differ isn't the point of contention. It's the fact that, despite making such a statement, you go on to suggest that a good majority of the complaints made about issues not in your personal experience are, quite possibly, exaggerated bullshit. You can stand by your personal experience all you like, and we can't say you're exactly right or wrong, because, hey..we really don't know. That said, that goes both ways. You don't really know what other people are experiencing, just what they're saying. Taken on its own merits, that's bold. But, when you really broaden the spectrum to include what everyone else says, the fact that you, yourself, might not consider, or experience bugs that make the game a muddled mess of shite textures makes you a part of the general minority who doesn't seem to have many terrible issues.

• Thanks 1

There are plenty of games on UE4 that don't have anywhere near as many issues with this game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadRatBridgade499 said:

Right, here's the kicker, dude; The fact that your experiences with the game recently and others differ isn't the point of contention. It's the fact that, despite making such a statement, you go on to suggest that a good majority of the complaints made about issues not in your personal experience are, quite possibly, exaggerated bullshit. You can stand by your personal experience all you like, and we can't say you're exactly right or wrong, because, hey..we really don't know. That said, that goes both ways. You don't really know what other people are experiencing, just what they're saying. Taken on its own merits, that's bold. But, when you really broaden the spectrum to include what everyone else says, the fact that you, yourself, might not consider, or experience bugs that make the game a muddled mess of shite textures makes you a part of the general minority who doesn't seem to have many terrible issues.

Not a "good majority" I said  50/50 a good majority would be 80/20

ma·jor·i·ty
məˈjôrədē,məˈjärədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the greater number.
    "in the majority of cases all will go smoothly"

See thats not what I said  😀so your post must have been a misunderstanding or mis-comprehension of percentages?

And I'll bet 95% (being generous here) of the posters of this thread don't even realize how much work goes into development, bug fixing, enhancements, rework, testing, etc. I do it on a daily basis. It's unfun, tedious, frustrating, and gut wrenching. And imagine doing this work for ungrateful customers who are slamming their fork and knives on the table, making a loud enough rant/crying to be heard from the kitchen just adding tons of more stress to their already stressful environment.  

If you guys think you can do better, try it. I triple dare ya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, psychose7en said:

And I'll bet 95% (being generous here) of the posters of this thread don't even realize how much work goes into development, bug fixing, enhancements, rework, testing, etc. I do it on a daily basis. It's unfun, tedious, frustrating, and gut wrenching. And imagine doing this work for ungrateful customers who are slamming their fork and knives on the table, making a loud enough rant/crying to be heard from the kitchen just adding tons of more stress to their already stressful environment.  

Impossible.  Nobody can do better than Illfonic.  They are the best in the business!

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, psychose7en said:

imagine paying for a product and expecting it to work

• Like 1

I did and it did. They will fix it. Give them time. Or they wont and people will be forced to pick another game and flame on that games forum. But no matter what happens world keeps on spinning brother. Sun will rise, birds will chirp and time will march on. People are to vested.  Im leveled out have been playing this game for a looong time. There has always been shit wrong with it. Remember when you would get sucked into outerspace? Could get on top of cabins?Anybody who ever expected this game to run like a mainstream game set themselves up for dissappointment. It was a good game created on the cheap with money from fans by a smaller studio. It did extremely well, probably surpassed the creators expectations. Since I was like 10 I wanted a game where you could play as Jason they brought that to me. I never did much if any online gaming until I heard this was available for download because of this title I purchased a ps4,the psn, purchased the download, and a bunch of D. L. C. Because of this game I have found other games. Enjoy it while you have it, cause it aint always gonna be here. Quit making winning rounds life or death. Play it or dont, but you will be much happier if you make an attempt to enjoy it. Ive liked my time on the forums. Getting news, bullshitting with people etc... Even met some good players but some of you guys are fuckin toxic. Im out. Ill be on the game(F13th) but not the forums. Later guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Time? They had a few month before the last update. And didn´t see bugs that people got in the first 2 matches. @BigShaunPolk It´s not like the people who are "hating" right now do not want to enjoy the game. That is NOT the problem this game has.

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Time? They had a few month before the last update. And didn´t see bugs that people got in the first 2 matches. @BigShaunPolk It´s not like the people who are "hating" right now do not want to enjoy the game. That is NOT the problem this game has.

they have only had over a year brother

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Im out. Ill be on the game(F13th) but not the forums. Later guys.

Oh darn, the guy whose sole contribution to this forum is posting meme pics of people crying is leaving.

6 hours ago, psychose7en said:

Wait--you totally lost me. Are you a programmer or a chef? Or some kind of crazy new job where you're somehow both?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BigShaunPolk said:

How about i stead of posting anonymous little laughing faces on my post you actually say something. I spoke honestly about my personal gameplay experience. Doesnt make me right and you wrong or vice versa. Its just weird how a game people say is so irreparably broken I seem to be able to play all the time with almost no problem. Sometimes some issues might cost someone a round. That doesnt mean the entire game is ruined. You could just pack up your baby nuts and move on to the next round. 

images-13.jpg

Hilarious.

7 hours ago, psychose7en said:

The amount of work that goes into development is irrelevant when discussing the current state of the game.  It's been available for over a year now as a digital download, and almost none months as a pysical retail version.  For the team to continue to focus on expansion without fixing pre existing problems is inexcusable.  AAA titles have large user installation based because those games have been fine tuned and refined enough to deliver consistency.

When they don't?  Look no further than The Division.  That game was an unmitigated disaster six months after its release, and the dev's buckled down to address the bugs and balancing issues BEFORE  adding content.  The game stabilized and has a highly anticipated sequel coming out next year.

If the team behind this game would stop prioritizing on style over substance,  there'd be a lot less for folks to complain about. 

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The amount of work that goes into development is irrelevant when discussing the current state of the game.  It's been available for over a year now as a digital download, and almost none months as a pysical retail version.  For the team to continue to focus on expansion without fixing pre existing problems is inexcusable.  AAA titles have large user installation based because those games have been fine tuned and refined enough to deliver consistency.

When they don't?  Look no further than The Division.  That game was an unmitigated disaster six months after its release, and the dev's buckled down to address the bugs and balancing issues BEFORE  adding content.  The game stabilized and has a highly anticipated sequel coming out next year.

If the team behind this game would stop prioritizing on style over substance,  there'd be a lot less for folks to complain about. 

I wish they would stop with the damn emotes already when no one even asked for them in the first place. All that time and energy wasted on that bullshit could have went towards something we actually wanted, like that retro Jason rework that we were promised but never got.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Oh darn, the guy whose sole contribution to this forum is posting meme pics of people crying is leaving.

Yeah. Not shit. I'd say good riddance, but we all know he'll be back.

If you look hard enough, you can see the type of people who are of the arrogant mindset to say "If you don't like it, don't play it." That's the smarmy equivalent of saying, "The gliches will never be fixed, get used to it or fuck off."

Which, is utterly pathetic, when you realize that these particular people exist everywhere in the gaming community as a whole, and they're the crowd that actively shuts down anyone who dissents, even for justifiable reasons. These are the people who are basically the "Yes"-men of the gaming world, and it's a good reason why the industry has gotten to where it is today--people accept it, and the many who don't are shouted down and told to gtfo.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

I wish they would stop with the damn emotes already when no one even asked for them in the first place. All that time and energy wasted on that bullshit could have went towards something we actually wanted, like that retro Jason rework that we were promised but never got.

Could not agree more.  Emotes contribute NOTHING to the game.

37 minutes ago, MadRatBridgade499 said:

If you look hard enough, you can see the type of people who are of the arrogant mindset to say "If you don't like it, don't play it." That's the smarmy equivalent of saying, "The gliches will never be fixed, get used to it or fuck off."

Which, is utterly pathetic, when you realize that these particular people exist everywhere in the gaming community as a whole, and they're the crowd that actively shuts down anyone who dissents, even for justifiable reasons. These are the people who are basically the "Yes"-men of the gaming world, and it's a good reason why the industry has gotten to where it is today--people accept it, and the many who don't are shouted down and told to gtfo.

Which is what happens when gaming goes from a fringe hobby to being mainstream.  Back when the audience was substantially smaller, games HAD to be good out of necessity, or they failed and a company went bankrupt (and it still does to this day, under the right circumstances).  Now, with installation bases in the tens or hundreds of millions for consoles globally, the margin for error is as wide as ever; developers/studios can take risks, but they can also make stupid decisions as well--and have a much larger cushion.  Ask EA how Battlefront 2 is going.

But to your point, gaming development is a bloated industry that is going to go the way of television.  Quality will continue to deteriorate while the people at the top continue to focus on alternate revenue streams: season passes, loot boxes, micro transactions, etc... even this game is falling prey, as we're on our third kill pack and have had multiple clothing packs.

6 hours ago, agnes said:

they have only had over a year brother

Perhaps the rubberband glitch in the game is a metaphor for the development process.

10 hours ago, malloymk said:

People are jumping ship. That's the bottom line.

I literally spent the entire weekend trying to force myself to play and just shrugging my shoulders and saying to myself "why"?

8 hours ago, psychose7en said:

It's unfun, tedious, frustrating, and gut wrenching. And imagine doing this work for ungrateful customers who are slamming their fork and knives on the table, making a loud enough rant/crying to be heard from the kitchen just adding tons of more stress to their already stressful environment.  

If you think they give two shits about what we want, you're sadly misinformed.  Game development isn't about giving "the fans" what they want, it's about one person's singular vision.

Back when it was indisputable Jason needed buffs (I'm too lazy to figure out which patch it was), this community provided a veritable tsunami of feedback and suggestions.  What did they do?  Ignore us completely and marginally buff Jason's running speed and the number of traps/knives he had.  Meanwhile, they've continued to tinker with the grab reach/range, making it difficult for anyone not playing for multiple hours a day to adjust and master the new timing and mechanics.  You can claim "Offline bots!" all you want, but the fact of the matter is, there's no substitute for playing against a team of well coordinated human opponents.  

Again, they continue to whiplash around, vacillating between the blind eye towards addressing valid bugs, issues, and concerns, and remaining content to focus on distracting us with shiny baubles of no practical value (Virtual Cabin 2.0, Uber Jason tease, clothing packs, emotes, single player challenges) all while ignoring the largest contributing factor to replayability and player retention, the asymmetrical pvp.  

Additional Single Player Challenges or buffs to the Offline Bots are only papering over the gaping holes in the product.  The pvp needs to be fixed first and foremost.  It has more bugs than a crackhouse on the edge of a swamp, and as pvp is the only means of gameplay that retains any sort of social component, I find it borderline disgusting that the focus continues to be elsewhere.  If they were to magically make the pvp disappear from this game, what's left of the playerbase would all but vanish overnight.

Using your little kitchen analogy, when you order medium rare steak, and they send you out a salad, you damn well better start complaining, or else the next course will be a barium enema followed by yoga.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

If they were to magically make the pvp disappear from this game

thats may be the illfonics plan. all problems solved at once.

When the patch was dropped Friday I was excited to see what had been fixed. Preliminary reports showed things were looking up. Then I got home and tried to play with a few friends. We kept getting kicked out of our own party. We circled around taking turns trying to invite. Things were fine until a match started then BOOM we all get the message we were kicked. After 4-5 attempts of this we abandoned F13 and played Dead by Daylight. I haven't even had the itch to play Offline or SP Challenges because of the frustration from just being kicked from MP.  Looking at these forums since then I'm glad I haven't had the desire to play.

I think I'm done with this game. It's such a shame because I like many have been waiting all my life for a "good" solid F13 experience (and no, the NES game was pure BS and a piece of crap as well). Unfortunately I've wasted time and had so many frustrations waiting for these devs to get their act together. I just simply and truly believe Illfonic is incompetent and can't fix this game to save their life. Truly sad...they had such potential with this game but don't have the experience to make it solid.