7 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Saying that THIS is them doing their best sounds like the biggest insult yet.

You realize they don't have to update it right? They can be like true asshat developers and leave the game the way it is now would that make things better if they abandon the game? I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

A year since release is more than enough time to get the game in working order. I'm not interested in another year (the game should be so lucky) of this "please, please, please, just another week we promise" fuckery.

We could say that about ALOT of games that have been released yet they are still played on a daily.

If people want to complain about games then go to this thread: List of Broken Games

6 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

They have lives Alkavain.....not every company is going to be up at work 24/7 just like I mentioned in the thread they have lives as well and don't need to be at the office constantly everytime something they themselves can't fix and Yes I understand the concept of TestPlays being done but let's wait and see in the future they will let this happen instead of us going to their throats about it.

Nobody is asking them to give up their personal time. We're asking them to use their work time to actually do proper QA on their efforts and not push something that doesn't pass muster. Their simulations are not catching the issues. They have never been working well to catch the issues the end-state user sees. It has been a year. Sometimes asking nicely works with people. Sometimes complaining does. Sometimes people need a boot applied to their backside to get the point. I think we've finally reached the point that most people are putting on a boot.

2 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

We could say that about ALOT of games that have been released yet they are still played on a daily.

If people want to complain about games then go to this thread: List of Broken Games

I didn't back those games, but if I had, I can assure you that I'd be offering the same criticisms.

That said, other companies' mistakes don't mitigate how poorly this game functions in its current state.

27 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I don't see why everyone is just laughing reacting I just don't want the devs to feel discourage by the community because we all know what happens when Devs feel they lost connection with a fanbase they created.

The truth is the other way around, the community feels discouraged by the devs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crispen_Glover said:

People have a right be to be pissed. After months of waiting we get a patch that introduces more bugs then fixes, then we get a patch for that patch and somehow gets even MORE bugs. Plus the constant lies and empty promises (retro jason rework, car customization, paranoia basically canceled, ect) STILL no dedicated servers, the list goes on. The "They are a small indie team" excuse can only take them so far. Maybe they should have realized that this is to big a project for them. I truly appreciate the fan service and attention to detail but they have proven time and time again that they are either not ready for a game like this or just completely incompetent.  

Retro rework? What promise of car customization? And paranoia is still in development as far as they stated and dedicated servers aren't always easy to make.

As for the Small Indie team response yes they are small they aren't like the companies I mentioned before so we shouldn't be attacking single thing.

Just now, Hal Bailman said:

I didn't back those games, but if I had, I can assure you that I'd be offering the same criticisms.

That said, other companies having mistakes doesn't mitigate how poorly this game functions in its current state.

Other companies big or small have the same issues as this one so we shouldn't be getting worked up like this.

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Nobody is asking them to give up their personal time. We're asking them to use their work time to actually do proper QA on their efforts and not push something that doesn't pass muster. Their simulations are not catching the issues. They have never been working well to catch the issues the end-state user sees. It has been a year. Sometimes asking nicely works with people. Sometimes complaining does. Sometimes people need a boot applied to their backside to get the point. I think we've finally reached the point that most people are putting on a boot.

I'm pretty sure if they hired more people then likely we get more patches and content but we shouldn't be combining about everything they they can't predict will happen.

6 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

You realize they don't have to update it right? They can be like true asshat developers and leave the game the way it is now would that make things better if they abandon the game? I don't think so.

Considering each update has made the game worst and worst for a year now, I don't see a reason to think they can make things better.

Ahhh...the old "they're a small team" fallacy.  A team of 600 morons is still a team of 600 morons.  It's not the size of the team that matters it's the quality of the members on the team.

And we don't need more patches (again with the quantity).  We need patches that actually fix shit.  Quality over quantity.

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I'm pretty sure if they hired more people then likely we get more patches and content but we shouldn't be combining about everything they they can't predict will happen.

A bunch of us on the forums have been predicting exactly what will happen for quite some time now. We've even been pointing them in the right direction to head-off those forecasts. Many have even been offering to help them on the side if they needed it. It is interesting that they can't foresee these outcomes but we can based on assessing the game and their preferred mode of operations in regards to development.

They certainly deserve credit for improving their interactions and focusing down what we we've been telling them for awhile. The lack of QA is a huge problem right now which affects everything. I do hope they hire on a big group of playtesters, or open a current-build server for QA on PC, or anything really that gets real people playing the game and finding issues before it goes out to the general community.

8 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Ahhh...the old "they're a small team" fallacy.  A team of 600 morons is still a team of 600 morons.  It's not the size of the team that matters it's the quality of the members on the team.

And we don't need more patches (again with the quantity).  We need patches that actually fix shit.  Quality over quantity.

Like I said they should take time to address any and all given glitches themselves! And its not a fallacy if its the truth.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

A bunch of us on the forums have been predicting exactly what will happen for quite some time now. We've even been pointing them in the right direction to head-off those forecasts. Many have even been offering to help them on the side if they needed it. It is interesting that they can't foresee these outcomes but we can based on assessing the game and their preferred mode of operations in regards to development.

They certainly deserve credit for improving their interactions and focusing down what we we've been telling them for awhile. The lack of QA is a huge problem right now which affects everything. I do hope they hire on a big group of playtesters, or open a current-build server for QA on PC, or anything really that gets real people playing the game and finding issues before it goes out to the general community.

Trust me Alkavian i agree with testing and giving feedback but as you said they are interacting with us and that's more than any gaming developers have done in my experience where I seen devs insult their customers,belittle them, and other such things and none of GunMedia or Illfonic employees have done this they have been answering questions and seeking help from and through the community but alase not all developers do the test builds unlike in DbD so we could hope in the future they can and would.

Does the patch cause problems? Yes

Is the game really buggy? 

Yes

Do the developers come off as people who seem to be over their heads and can’t seem to fix the game?

Yes.

Are all these factors worth getting upset over? 

In my opinion, no. At the end of the day it’s just a video game, and every game company has released crappy, broken games at one point. This is an industry norm especially for new companies. Beside, we live in a time with countless forms of entertainment at our finger tips at any time. I’ll continue to enjoy Friday, just not as much until the game is fixed. Even if it doesn’t get fixed, I’ll find another entertainment outlet.

If you want to get mad, scream, cuss, complain, and cry about this game, go right a head. Just know your wasted energy is all for nothing. With the games history, things might not get better. I personally will enjoy this game until it officially dies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The problem is not the developers,programmers, and or the coders! The engine should be the most to blame if anything!

Yes, the Unreal Engine, basically the most versatile, well-regarded, and best-performing graphical engine in existence right now, is the cause of all the bugs and glitches that this game is riddled with, and has been for the past year. Yes, not the devs. At all. Unreal Engine is the culprit.

Think about how every other game on the market that uses it is also a glitchy, bug-ridden mess. Every game, bar none, from indie Kickstarter projects to AAA developers with multi-million dollar budgets. I have no idea why all of these suckers keep licensing the Unreal Engine when every game turns out like this.

Yes, this is a well-thought-out, informative, and helpful thread on the part of the OP, and everyone giving his posts the 'laughing' reaction icon should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Does the patch cause problems? Yes

Is the game really buggy? 

Yes

Do the developers come off as people who seem to be over their heads and can’t seem to fix the game?

Yes.

Are all these factors worth getting upset over? 

In my opinion, no. At the end of the day it’s just a video game, and every game company has released crappy, broken games at one point. This is an industry norm especially for new companies. Beside, we live in a time with countless forms of entertainment at our finger tips at any time. I’ll continue to enjoy Friday, just not as much until the game is fixed. Even if it doesn’t get fixed, I’ll find another entertainment outlet.

If you want to get mad, scream, cuss, complain, and cry about this game, go right a head. Just know your wasted energy is all for nothing. With the games history, things might not get better. I personally will enjoy this game until it officially dies.

I would agree with what you said, but you forget that the game was good before all this patch. It was better in May 2017, then bad in October, then perfect in February and bad again now. 

If you posted that in June 2017, I would agree with you. (except for server issue time to join game).

1 minute ago, Sinisterslither said:

I would agree with what you said, but you forget that the game was good before all this patch. It was better in May 2017, then sucks in October, then perfect in February and re sucks now. 

If you posted that in June 2017, I would agree with you. (except for server issue time to join game).

You are wrong, the launch build was filled with bugs and issues (I got stuck in a closet my very first game). The phone fuse would get stuck in the ground, you couldn’t get pick up items off dead counselors, games would take 10 plus minutes to find and quick play didn’t work. The history of this game is full of bugs. Some people just tolerate certain ones more than others.

I started gaming with Pong. I have seen a lot. This game is a mess. One of the biggest i have ever seen. From start on to now.

@Jason Todd Voorhees I don't question their commitment to fixing the game. I have to question their ability to do so. We've seen them try and try again without being able to get it right. Like I've said before I'm not mad at them. But let's be honest, after a year they just don't seem to be capable of getting it right. Whatever the cause that's just the reality. I wish they'd bring in another team to help them get there but I don't see it happening. I'm afraid we'll probably never see this game reach it's potential. 

14 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You are wrong, the launch build was filled with bugs and issues (I got stuck in a closet my very first game). The phone fuse would get stuck in the ground, you couldn’t get pick up items off dead counselors, games would take 10 plus minutes to find and quick play didn’t work. The history of this game is full of bugs. Some people just tolerate certain ones more than others.

Yes maybe you're right and I love the June 2017 period just by nostalgia. But what about February ? except the rubberband car which still exists.

Now we have the worst glitchs together in game and bad balance with Counselors/Jason. One year later, I understand that there are all these complaints.

6 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

Yes maybe you're right and I love the June 2017 period by nostalgia. But what for February ? except the rubberband car which still exists.

Now we have the worst glitchs together in game and bad balance with Counselors/Jason. One year later, I understand that there are all these complaints.

I understand the complaints too. IMO the game ending early has been the worst bug so far. I’m not upset about it though. E3 is this week, and I am excited about last of us 2 news and gameplay. I am just saying this game isn’t worth getting mad or upset over. If the game improves, awesome. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t bother me. It’s good timing anyway. World Cup starts this week so I won’t be on as much anyway.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Considering each update has made the game worst and worst for a year now, I don't see a reason to think they can make things better.

They need to start play testing the game more reasonably...

Giving us feedback on what bugs they've encountered in QA and explain to use how they are going to fix them...

But overall imo... They just need to start telling us the truth and owning up to their c*** ups. Would be great if they started, telling us what potential bugs could be in their future patches, and what they plan on doing to solve those issues would be a good start...

I'm just sick of all the lies their telling us...

At launch. This game used to be fun to play(Alough it had really bad server issues and a ton of bugs). But now... It's just a chore to play... 

(A lot of you may think my opinion and view point on this maybe stupid or wrong, which. Is fine with me, i don't care if you agree or disagree with me. This is just my opinion on the matter).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

They need to start play testing the game more reasonably...

Giving us feedback on what bugs they've encountered in QA and explain to use how they are going to fix them...

But overall imo... They just need to start telling us the truth and owning up to their c*** ups. Would be great if they started, telling us what potential bugs could be in their future patches, and what they plan on doing to solve those issues would be a good start...

I'm just sick of all the lies their telling us...

At launch. This game used to be fun to play(Alough it had really bad server issues and a ton of bugs). But now... It's just a chore to play... 

(A lot of you may think my opinion and view point on this maybe stupid or wrong, which. Is fine with me, i don't care if you agree or disagree with me. This is just my opinion on the matter).

I just don’t think telling the community about bugs and letting them view play testing will make a difference. Just as in every community there are those who provide legit feedback (small percentage), there are those who just complain and whine about every change (larger percentage), and then there are those who buy the game, try it for a bit and move on (largest percentage). 

I do fell bad for those whose first exposures to this game is the current build. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This shouldn't even be the blame game either!

It shouldn't be the blame game, yet it is. The fans of this game are losing hope due to the continual issues this game has with bugs. While I can see where they are all coming from, I just don't feel as strongly about it. I hope this game improves as much as the next person.

1 hour ago, DaVanillaThrilla said:

Let's just hope they are hard at work at fixing this and not treating it like a minor problem.   A broken game of this magnitude could literally kill a huge chunk of the playerbase if it isn't addressed immediately.  No more excuses for Illfonic,  it is time to put up or shut up. 

I'm sure the developers are trying to diagnose the problem. It sounds like they're gonna have to comb through a lot of code to find it.

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Never expected it to "perfect", I just expected it to work.

You, me and just about everyone feels the same way. We all want a game that works, even if it isn't perfect.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

While people shouldn't be calling for their heads can you blame everyone for being frustrated?

I don't blame anyone for being upset about the current state of the game. The way people are expressing their discontent, is a different story.

53 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Nobody is asking them to give up their personal time.

I agree with you. If people worked on stuff continuously without a break, more mistakes would be made, making things worse rather than better.

39 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I'll take one good patch that fixes a bunch of little things than a bunch of patches that break big things.

31 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I agree, the energy could and should be invested elsewhere. That's why I'm not losing my cool over this game. While I do enjoy it, there are other games to play in the meantime. I'm gonna take a breather and go back to some of my other favorite titles, and play this game from time to time, and see if things have improved. If not, I'll rinse and repeat.

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I started gaming with Pong. I have seen a lot. This game is a mess. One of the biggest i have ever seen. From start on to now.

I played a few rounds of Pong about a month ago. Gaming was so simpler back when that came out.

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The problem is not the developers,programmers, and or the coders! The engine should be the most to blame if anything!

I'm stopping here. 

What's happened to this game is what people get fired for. 

Blame the engine.... FFS

I could barely get through the OP on account of the glare of the sun reflecting off the pristine white armor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a large group of friends who are always playing. And because Brazilian community of the game is so "small", we always find the same people by the lobbies. I've always tried to keep everything calm, explaining that it was a small company and that things would become better as the time goes by. Now I have no excuses. I see many of them quit playing and I will not even try to stop them anymore. And tbh I kinda lost my will to play too. It's a sad sad situation. 

The “nothing is perfect” excuse doesn’t fly when nobody has asked for the game to be perfect. That’s not a logical response so can it.

Fans/backers “Why is the game we supported still glitchy and broken after a year?”

Fanboys/apologists: “Nothing is perfect, stop being negative and focus on what’s good”

Fans/backers: “Nobody asked for the game to be perfect, merely functional”

Fanboys/apologists: “Soundbite, soundbite, platitude, flattery, illogical statement, illogical statement, insult, insult”

If these devs are really working on a new project, that could suggest their workforce is splintered. If thats the case, everyones attention should be on F13 because its the foundation of their career.