Because after all the teaming, teamkilling and other bullshit regarding patches completely breaking the game don't you think we have put up with enough from these fucking trolls?

• Like 1

Exactly ! I don't know what goes through their minds. I really don't...

It's such a stupid decision to make, just... Why!?!?

I guess it's ok if you hacked and made videos showcasing weapon swapping before it was even patched in. I guess it's ok if you hacked your account's level up to 123 after they banned your first account. Everything is fine as long as you contact someone at Illfonic and beg to get unbanned and promise never to do it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The conspiracy theory is that they need players because of the dropping numbers in the playerbase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

The conspiracy theory is that they need players because of the dropping numbers in the playerbase.

And yet hacking scum are the reason many have left. I guess IllFonic prefers hacking.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

After Friday's patch I am sure they need all the players they can get.   This is going to mean a huge drop in players that they cannot afford. 

This player purchased the game multiple times and was rightfully banned multiple times for hacking. Then the player purchased the game again, and was incorrectly banned for hacking, with no proof of hacking, and the ban was overturned. 

Events:

Player account 1 bought game. Player account 1 hacked the game. Player account 1 banned.

Player account 2 bought game. Player account 2 hacked the game. Player account 2 banned.

Player account 3 bought game. Player account 3 banned. I looked into it and there was no evidence of hacking on that account. Player account 3 unbanned. 

That player has 2 accounts that were used for hacking that have been banned, and one account that is clean, with no evidence of hacking, that was unbanned. If that account is flagged or shows evidence of hacking, it too will be banned.

Each account that purchases the game must be viewed as it’s own account, with only the actions taken while using that account being used to judge wrongdoing. 

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

This player purchased the game multiple times and was rightfully banned multiple times for hacking. Then the player purchased the game again, and was incorrectly banned for hacking, with no proof of hacking, and the ban was overturned. 

Events:

Player account 1 bought game. Player account 1 hacked the game. Player account 1 banned.

Player account 2 bought game. Player account 2 hacked the game. Player account 2 banned.

Player account 3 bought game. Player account 3 banned. I looked into it and there was no evidence of hacking on that account. Player account 3 unbanned. 

That player has 2 accounts that were used for hacking that have been banned, and one account that is clean, with no evidence of hacking, that was unbanned. If that account is flagged or shows evidence of hacking, it too will be banned.

Each account that purchases the game must be viewed as it’s own account, with only the actions taken while using that account being used to judge wrongdoing. 

So someone can just make a new account if they’re banned. And that’s OK??? Even though they have a track record of hacking on all previous accounts? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. But it’s ok because they have to buy the game again, so you just keep getting more money, right? So it’s not about the integrity or hacking. It’s about the money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So someone can just make a new account if they’re banned. And that’s OK??? Even though they have a track record of hacking on all previous accounts?

Each account must be treated as it’s own account. If those accounts show evidence of hacking, then they will be dealt with accordingly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Good to know the process @ShiftySamurai. And "he who will not be named" made it sound like yall were best buddies when he announced to the world that he was now unbanned. I can speak for many players when I say that the hackers and trolls are killing this game. An in game report function is really needed to start weeding these fools out.

I'm not sure how I feel about this "treating each purchase as a separate account" bit. 

Let's say I speed. I get a ticket. I pay the ticket so my license isn't suspended.

Then I speed again. I get a ticket again. I pay that ticket so my license isn't suspended.

Then I speed yet again. I get a ticket yet again. I pay that ticket, but my license is still suspended because I've accumulated strikes as a serial speeder. Likewise, my insurance rate gets jacked through the roof.

But, here, there are no escalating penalties for serial hackers. So, other than the flat fee for purchasing a new copy of the game, there is no disincentive.

It feels like the message is "It's totally okay, as long as you're willing to shell out for a new copy of the game if you get caught."

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm sure that if this guy does it one more time he gets an IP ban.

He’s already done it 3 documented times. Sooo.... 4 strikes and you’re out???

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Events:

That’s like saying someone with different aliases is not responsible for the illegal actions of each separate alias. Sure. 

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Each account must be treated as it’s own account. If those accounts show evidence of hacking, then they will be dealt with accordingly. 

DbD bans by hardware after the third ban which unless they want to swap motherboards is permanent. But I know you most certainly aren't Behav10r. The point being you don't have to treat alternate accounts as separate, you choose too. The reason most people believe is because money talks. Yet after all the money you have received so far the game is worse than when you released it.

Allowing hackers to return will not save your games community. Understand that. Though I doubt you will as the level of arrogance Gun has displayed since the beginning knows no bounds. You have as a company demonstrated a complete lack of professionalism from beginning to what is soon approaching the very end. 

For the life of me I can not understand how you as a group thought releasing the game on the console platforms with the host having the ability to quit out and end the game for everyone with no rewards was acceptable. It is one of the most shining examples of amateur incompetency I have ever seen in my 38 years. Because of that gross incompetence the rest of us have had to endure 6 months of essentially no progress to bug fixes so you can rewrite an engine that will no doubt require years to rid the bugs of.

Years that you quite frankly do not have.

• Thanks 1

The argument can be made that treating each account as a separate entity is because they don't know who has access to that account. Just because a new account buys the game doesn't mean it's necessarily a red flag. Lot of people make PSN accounts, or Gamertags solely because they wanted to play that game on that specific platform. Now, I'm sure once someone does some cheating and gets caught, they observe the IP address and can confirm that the address is linked to other accounts who did get banned. It sucks that that some hackers and trolls have the money to piss away solely to ruin other people's experiences online, so they create account after account and buy copy after copy of the game, it sucks that they choose to spend their money this way instead of maybe doing something noble like donating to charity or something.

there is a reason why there are console/IP/hardware bans, to prevent crap like this, but if you want to keep making money off them and add one more to the smaller playerbase, this is one way of going about it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So someone can just make a new account if they’re banned. And that’s OK??? Even though they have a track record of hacking on all previous accounts? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. But it’s ok because they have to buy the game again, so you just keep getting more money, right? So it’s not about the integrity or hacking. It’s about the money.

Nailed it.

Just add it to the list of many, many things that make this game a fucking joke...Only these guys would post what @ShiftySamurai did up there and somehow think that's a smart/rational approach.

Guess I'll go buy a couple burner accounts for hacking purposes now...Main one won't have any violations so I'll be fine.

*shrug* I don't even know what to say anymore. It's like these guys want to be the laughingstock of the industry.

Doesn't matter anymore. Game died when they utterly failed on the engine update and the patch that followed it. They lost any and all remaining credibility they had (and that really wasn't much to begin with).

Word to the wise: If you're ever gonna back a project on kickstarter - make sure the devs involved aren't total hacks. This is why I refrained from backing Hide or Die. That game will likely turn out worse than this one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Idk man, I feel like I'm just...done. I feel like I'm in one of those bad relationships where I keep trying over and over again and just keep getting cheated on. Like I'm so blinded by love that I can't see when it's time to just walk away.

All the bugs and breaks are one thing, but the route the company has chosen to go with hackers and exploiters just doesn't sit well with me. The exploiter-amnesty last year felt like a stab in the back. This policy announcement makes it seem like they just don't care about the environment of their game. These people RUIN the experience of legitimate players and are given as many chances as they want, while we're expected to jump through hoops to report them which ultimately ends up doing nothing any way. Sometimes it feels like they are more concerned with appeasing the hackers that keep buying their game over and over then they are with appeasing the rest of us.

I don't know. Maybe it's time to tear up the number (uninstall the game) so I'm not tempted to call her again. She's just so damn sexy and @#$%s like a demon. 

• Like 2

It's very difficult, likely impossible, to effectively stop someone from purchasing a game from a store that you do not own. You can try to have them hardware banned, but you can't do that yourself. If someone purchases the game, the fair thing to do is to allow them to play it on that account unless they break the ToS with that account.