PARTVI

Unreal Engine upgrade......worth it??

So ..im still not sure why this engine upgrade was needed? Just for dedicated servers? Games on the current engine had dedicated servers at one point im sure. 

What I'm getting at is , before the update the game ran pretty smooth, aside from rubberbanding and some occasional wtf moments, it was working as intended. This upgrade has put the game back to square 1 ,after all the patches over months fixing bug issues on old engine. 

Honestly I prefer the old engine , playability ,graphics . i have to turn my gamma up  insanely just to play the game currently ! And as we all know, I don't think this upgrade fixed any of the bugs from old engine. On top of all this, took months off with no content, to let many drift away and most likely not come back....not a good decision all of this in my opinion.

Why was this supposedly necessary? 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

I guess you answered it yourself.

Dedicated servers?

Coming soon.

It wasn’t an upgrade. It was a downgrade. Game looks worse then it ever has. It sounds worse than it ever has. And it plays worse than it ever has. This “upgrade” was shit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It wasn’t an upgrade. It was a downgrade. Game looks worse then it ever has. It sounds worse than it ever has. And it plays worse than it ever has. This “upgrade” was shit. 

Amen

I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday.  Both of us at this point would prefer the day one launch build.  We'll gladly put up with the fuse glitching into the ground over what we have now.  

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday.  Both of us at this point would prefer the day one launch build.  We'll gladly put up with the fuse glitching into the ground over what we have now.  

Same

I thought the engine upgrade was going to be a big step in taking this game in the right direction. I cant believe that the update has set the game even further back, like it has. All I can say is, I will remember the good times that I have had over the last year, because this game is just about dead and gone. It pains me to say, but this team of developers just doesn't have the talent. They have the heart, just not the talent. lets enjoy the last few months of this game while we can.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Exactly.  

23 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree. I've noticed a slight performance boost - and I mean slight, as rain still causes FPS issues - with the new engine, but the VAST increase in crashes and bugs just wasn't worth it. I feel like the game was previously solid but after the engine update we're back to square one and now we're going to have to suffer through months and months of patches that introduce as many issues as they fix all over again.

BTW, this topic was needed. Props to @PARTVI for starting it.

19 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I tought same thing today, the game was plenty of glitch but funny, the grab was weird but it never bothered me as counselor, I accepted the game like it was. In february it was great too, except the car's rubberband. Now the game is unplayable and the grab is like October's patch when you're facing with armed counselors.

Should have kept the game the same and just added new content on it while they TESTED the update. Im sorry I never bought the bs the update was needed to update the game/add servers. Others can subscribe to that BS but I never bought it. 

• Like 1

Yes they just should repair game like this summer, when they fix cheating glitch like packanack roof, just made some ajustements, but not change mechanics. I'd love they'll add some with new maps, like way to escape for example, but not change those that already there.

I was just saying this last night, I wish they'd never done the engine upgrade. All it did was introduce a slew of new problems, make the game too dark, and the clothes look shitty.

26 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Should have kept the game the same and just added new content on it while they TESTED the update. Im sorry I never bought the bs the update was needed to update the game/add servers. Others can subscribe to that BS but I never bought it. 

I never believed that tripe either. I think they just wanted a 5 month break.

All they did was adjust the lighting. And it probably only took them half an hour at that.

There is no other discernable difference with the new engine.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why the single player challenges are getting so much praise. They're dog shit. Utter dog shit.

It's like someone took the original Manhunt, removed everything good about it, and slapped a f13th coat of paint on it. There is zero fun to be had.

Thankfully, manhunt actually IS on the ps4.

2 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Nope. I was just saying this last night, I wish they'd never done the engine upgrade. All it did was introduce a slew of new problems, make the game too dark, and the clothes look shitty.

What's crazy is that before the update the devs posted video of the "improved" graphics and the majority response on this board was that everything looked worse.  WAY too dark.  Clothes looked shitty.  Everything covered in oil.  So my question is...Who the hell at Gun/IllFonic thought these new graphics looked good?  It's like they live in bizarro world where bad is good and fixing things means breaking them further.  I've never seen anything like this.

Yeah, but at least now we have dedicated servers, which were impossible with the old engine, right?

/s

5 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yeah, but at least now we have dedicated servers, which were impossible with the old engine, right?

/s

And yet the pc version somehow has them. It's baffling. 

12 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

/s

People need to be reminded of this because at this point I'm starting to think the entire thing was a lie.  THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE UPGRADE WAS SO THAT WE COULD GET DEDICATED SERVERS.  Yet not one single word has been mentioned about the server issue since this disaster of an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, zmccain said:

People need to be reminded of this because at this point I'm starting to think the entire thing was a lie.  THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE UPGRADE WAS SO THAT WE COULD GET DEDICATED SERVERS.  Yet not one single word has been mentioned about the server issue since this disaster of an upgrade.

Same reason they said the initial delay of the game release was so they could include Single Player. Yet, they didn’t include Single Player until a year AFTER release. I honestly don’t believe anything they say anymore. It’s been so many lies at this point. I think even they forget what they said. 

34 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

And for the life of me, I can't understand why the single player challenges are getting so much praise. They're dog shit. Utter dog shit.

It's like someone took the original Manhunt, removed everything good about it, and slapped a f13th coat of paint on it. There is zero fun to be had.

About the only thing in this thread I don't agree with. I enjoy the single player challenges.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

About the only thing in this thread I don't agree with. I enjoy the single player challenges.

Trust me. Go play manhunt, then get back to me.

3 hours ago, PARTVI said:

So ..im still not sure why this engine upgrade was needed? Just for dedicated servers? Games on the current engine had dedicated servers at one point im sure. 

What I'm getting at is , before the update the game ran pretty smooth, aside from rubberbanding and some occasional wtf moments, it was working as intended. This upgrade has put the game back to square 1 ,after all the patches over months fixing bug issues on old engine. 

Honestly I prefer the old engine , playability ,graphics . i have to turn my gamma up  insanely just to play the game currently ! And as we all know, I don't think this upgrade fixed any of the bugs from old engine. On top of all this, took months off with no content, to let many drift away and most likely not come back....not a good decision all of this in my opinion.

The graphics suck man. I turned up my gamma extremely high, and I still can’t see shit. Part 5 and 8 Jason’s are pretty much invisible in the forest. 

1 hour ago, Mawlock said:

Trust me. Go play manhunt, then get back to me.

Dude, I've played Manhunt. Extensively. Twice. I wish Lionel Starkweather was a real director.  :)

I'm not saying that the single player challenges mode is as polished or well-done as Manhunt, because it's not. But I appreciate the single player challenges for what they are, however, although I never thought of the similarities between the two games until you mentioned them (the director talking in your ear is a lot like Mother talking to Jason, for example).

That said, if the single player challenges were as long and varied as Manhunt? Holy shit, that would rule. A lot of James Earl Cash's stealth mechanics would work so perfectly for Jason. I would have been fine with the devs totally making a 100% Manhunt clone (which they kinda did, but they should have just gone all the way).

3 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Yes, performance has been much better here