Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_E_Fresh

This game needs more maps

3 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I think it's ready but they won't release it for whatever the reason

I know the Jason seems to be, the ship itself not so much...

The amount of content this title has potentially is really depressing because we know we'll never get it.  Can you imagine bigger maps/lobbies?  Like double the size and add 10 minutes on (make objectives further apart).  Or have a Lazarus map and then it docks and you can exit to a "city" map and continue there.  Too bad. 

• Like 1

I would like to see these maps added to the game in the future:

• Camp Forest Green
  • Shepard Residence
  • Lazarus 
  • Manhattan
  • Voorhees Mansion
  •  Abandonded Camp

Six maps after Grendel would be a good place to stop. 

But as of right now, the game needs to be fixed immediately so they need to focus on bug fixes instead of working on new content at the moment.

7 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I would like to see these maps added to the game in the future:

• Camp Forest Green
  • Shepard Residence
  • Lazarus 
  • Manhattan
  • Voorhees Mansion
  •  Abandonded Camp

Six maps after Grendel would be a good place to stop. 

But as of right now, the game needs to be fixed immediately so they need to focus on bug fixes instead of working on new content at the moment.

There should be more than that imo

13 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

This game imo should have about 15-20 maps, I know we are getting grendal but perhaps custom maps could be map on top of canon maps.

Perhaps once the bugs are all fixed, they'll get us a lot more maps. I know it's wishful thinking, but I believe they can do it.

10 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Uh new maps arent fixing this mess right now. 100% focus should be on bugs fixes as were day late and a dollar short on adding maps. What your saying is like having a car rusted completely out and saying all it needs a new paint job. 

I agree. Fixing what is broken will hopefully give us a better experience when new content is presented down the road.

9 hours ago, Mawlock said:

The solution is obvious: Why don't they just have the majority of the team work on fixing the bugs while the remaining few finish up the grendal map? 

It's the best of both worlds.

And hell, just give us Uber Jason already since he's quite obviously finished, and probably has been for some time now.

From what we've been told, their team is pretty small. They probably don't have the manpower to juggle both equally. Plus some of the staff do not code. You couldn't pull the artists to fix bugs, just like you couldn't pull the coders to fix an art issue. If they are able, maybe they can get additional coders on board to help with the bug fixes.

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I would like new maps, and most importantly the ability to move between connected maps. So much potential, in doing a set of apartments or a small town map, imo.

Connected maps sounds like an interesting option. Are you thinking a new game mode, or revamping the current mode?

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I wished they released a map every month.

It's doubtful that a map a month would happen. With all the things that happen with this game, we'd be lucky to get a new map every 4 to 6 months.

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I think it's ready but they won't release it for whatever the reason

They might be saving it up for a big update. A new map, a new Jason, some bug fixes and some other stuff.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Connected maps sounds like an interesting option. Are you thinking a new game mode, or revamping the current mode?

Both actually.

As host in QP, you'd get a toggle that lets you set it to continue a match if an escape threshold is reached. For example three counselors escape through a camp gate. Last night I worked out how to add an objective that makes this possible, at least on the first map, it might be fun to have different objectives to figure out on other maps. If the toggle is selected then you can search out each power box, when they are in the fixed state, you will still get a prompt to fix it again, this overcharges the box. When all the power boxes are overcharged. The camp lights all start flashing on getting brighter then going out or bursting, and the loud speakers begin to play climbing static and go out with pops. This prevents Jason from using Sense and sound bubbles to hunt you. To escape to the next map you have to first, make sure Jason doesn't know where your going, by overloading the boxes and 'blinding' him temporarily, then escaping out the right gate, with enough counselors to meet the threshold. As you escape you enter spectator mode. When Jason kills the last counselor or the last one escapes it loads the next map. Maybe you failed to kill him and there will be a second chance on the next map.

Jason doesn't get to know which gate unlike with the cops he has to guess and take his chances. You only have a short window while the camp is overloading to get out while Jason can't hunt you except by regular sight. All counselors must exit out of gates that lead to the map next in rotation, if you go to the wrong gate you can't leave as per normal, only the person who fixed the last box knows the location or locations of the exit. Counselors are encouraged to communicate or use their mini maps to figure it out.

You start the next map as is, if you took a car you have a car but it runs out of gas and the battery has dieds if you don't fill it up fast, giving you a short time before you have to fix the car again. Everything your carrying is still with you. Jason is at the location of his shack but no shack spawns if you bring the sweater, if you don't have the sweater the shack spawn as normal. Jason's powers all go to zero charge but he has anything he had in the last map even rage. This makes it very hard to escape a second time. 

This applies to both ideas so I'm putting it in the middle. The game should make a definitive map of Crystal Lake. They should workout where everything sits in relation to each other and build these modes around that map.

Second idea - A full story mode that you play through each map in order, this story will be original and use the games counselors as the stars. It will play out differently and be incredibly difficult against even an average Jason player. It may use elements of the QP mode but it may also let you split up going to different camps to accomplish all the tasks you'll need to complete to send Jason to hell. It will make use of an all connecting 'Road Map', that lets Jason have a chance to hunt across a much bigger field, trying to balance when to interfere and kill counselors and when that might just be a dangerous thing to do. You will need to kill Jason more than once, and have the option to try surviving as a single counselor or return as goals are accomplished to continue helping the team as a new character. 

Here's link to other modes....

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-not-just-zombies-?/?tab=comments#comment-236707

29 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game needs to work as intended before any new content is released.

Sure no argument here, I got asked a question so I answered. After the game is fixed nothing wrong with having some ideas on a forum or white board for the future though. I don't think illfonic has thrown in the towel, so why not talk about where the game could go when it is fixed. I can't help them fix it but I can contribute to saving Crystal Lake with ideas. This is a map thread not a 'the game is burning thread', or did I take a left at the corner of 'give me Savini' and 'everything's an exploit'?

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sure no argument here, I got asked a question so I answered. After the game is fixed nothing wrong with having some ideas on a forum or white board for the future though. I don't think illfonic has thrown in the towel, so why not talk about where the game could go when it is fixed. I can't help them fix it but I can contribute to saving Crystal Lake with ideas. This is a map thread not a 'the game is burning thread', or did I take a left at the corner of 'give me Savini' and 'everything's an exploit'?

The game dosen't even work properly right now. Content before fixes is what led to this in the first place. Any thread that discusses new content is going to receive this reply from me. Not that I don't want new content I just want game stability and playability more. I don't want to see the S.S. Lazarus before rubberbanding gets fixed. I don't want Alice Hardy before a interaction lock fix. The developers look at these threads to determine what we would like to see. And I want them to know that dispite the fact I would really want to play as Reggie I want the fixes more. 

14 hours ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

The amount of content this title has potentially is really depressing because we know we'll never get it.  Can you imagine bigger maps/lobbies?  Like double the size and add 10 minutes on (make objectives further apart).  Or have a Lazarus map and then it docks and you can exit to a "city" map and continue there.  Too bad. 

shit like this makes me wish the title went to a AAA dev instead of an indie team 

3 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Have the devs ever mentioned non Canon maps?

Also is camp forest green map coming soon or under development?

The only confirmed map (according to VC2.0) is the Grendel ship and who knows when that will come.

32 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

The only confirmed map (according to VC2.0) is the Grendel ship and who knows when that will come.

They should tell us if they're making the other maps such as forest green

17 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

They should tell us if they're making the other maps such as forest green

They should, this would be a good topic for Shifty to cover when he has time. There's nothing wrong with reassuring the players that they're going to keep working on the game till at the very least each Jason has his own map. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 12:36 PM, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

After a year I feel burnt out by Crystal Lake, Packanack and Higgins Haven,

While I'm not burnt out by Jarvis Residence or Pinehurst, they need improvement.

This game imo should have about 15-20 maps, I know we are getting grendal but perhaps custom maps could be map on top of canon maps.

Canon maps not released yet:

--Camp Forest Green

-Shepard Residence

-Manhattan(Times Square, subway, diner, etc)

-Lazarus ship

Custom maps that can be made:

-Multi floored hospital/clinic

-Multi floored apartment

-Suburban Neighborhood with houses, streets, backyards etc no cabins

Settings for all maps to be added:

-Snow

-Daylight

I agree with your idea and I like most of your suggestions.

Just not those ones:

-Multi floored apartment

Those maps would be cheaters' paradise, with a lot of people throwing themselves out of the 5th floor and using sprays to quickly fix themselves and also infinitely turning around tables.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

I agree with your idea and I like most of your suggestions.

Just not those ones:

-Multi floored apartment

Those maps would be cheaters' paradise, with a lot of people throwing themselves out of the 5th floor and using sprays to quickly fix themselves and also infinitely turning around tables.

Perfect time to introduce a broken legs crawling animation and redesign set dressing so Jason can smash it. 

Edit - this should probably be in the suggestions section.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Perfect time to introduce a broken legs crawling animation and redesign set dressing so Jason can smash it. 

Edit - this should probably be in the suggestions section.

And new kills to go along with those animations. Also i like the idea of traps actually trapping. I think it would be really gratifying for jason to bait a second counselor in for a double kill. While im at it, we all know jason would handle jason hunters like this

On 6/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, Itsversayce said:

russel's uncle's house from part 7 was just the jarvis house remodeled, behind the scenes photos/videos show this. 

That is purely due to film and budget contraints, so sets were copied and reused. You have a keen eye and wonderdul behind the scenes knowledge , but the audience is meant to think of it as a new residence. That was what the script and plot called for.

In game, they would be going off of the story canon and jazzing it up a bit, not the fact that the producers copied a set to help cut budget corners.

11 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

And new kills to go along with those animations. Also i like the idea of traps actually trapping. I think it would be really gratifying for jason to bait a second counselor in for a double kill. While im at it, we all know jason would handle jason hunters like this

How Jason handles Jason hunters in game has to depend quite a bit on the skill of the player playing Jason though, and the skill of the counsellor players, unless you are talking about single player then yes Jason would always slaughter everyone.

Otherwise, great points about new kills and more fear inspiring traps : )

i'd love a trap that hangs counsellors upside down temporarily and in first person view, causing no damage but requiring another counsellor to free them. Otherwise they are left hanging for about 30 seconds and Jason can simply walk up and press x to execute an environmental kill on them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

How Jason handles Jason hunters in game has to depend quite a bit on the skill of the player playing Jason though, and the skill of the counsellor players, unless you are talking about single player then yes Jason would always slaughter everyone.

Otherwise, great points about new kills and more fear inspiring traps : )

i'd love a trap that hangs counsellors upside down temporarily and in first person view, causing no damage but requiring another counsellor to free them. Otherwise they are left hanging for about 30 seconds and Jason can simply walk up and press x to execute an environmental kill on them.

Yea snare traps that require a pocket knife to escape from!

14 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

That is purely due to film and budget contraints, so sets were copied and reused. You have a keen eye and wonderdul behind the scenes knowledge , but the audience is meant to think of it as a new residence. That was what the script and plot called for.

In game, they would be going off of the story canon and jazzing it up a bit, not the fact that the producers copied a set to help cut budget corners.

Should this map have 3 main houses then?

12 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I think , they also said it on Twitter , that´s why I know that too.