Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_E_Fresh

This game needs more maps

After a year I feel burnt out by Crystal Lake, Packanack and Higgins Haven,

While I'm not burnt out by Jarvis Residence or Pinehurst, they need improvement.

This game imo should have about 15-20 maps, I know we are getting grendal but perhaps custom maps could be map on top of canon maps.

Canon maps not released yet:

--Camp Forest Green

-Shepard Residence

-Manhattan(Times Square, subway, diner, etc)

-Lazarus ship

Custom maps that can be made:

-Multi floored hospital/clinic

-Multi floored apartment

-Suburban Neighborhood with houses, streets, backyards etc no cabins

Settings for all maps to be added:

-Snow

-Daylight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You forgot the voorhees residence and crystal lake research facility

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

This game needs new developers.

This game could use more maps.

#SaveCrystalLake

• Haha 2

If it would be playable right now and bugs would actually be dealt with, without creating new ones, i would fully agree. Keep that in mind OP, for later. In like a year or so.

This is Jason Voorhees, not Michael Myers.  We don't need haddonfield or Leary's memorial hospital.  Custom maps would be great but not a hospital or neighborhood.  Keep it country.  An abandoned camp needs to happen. Only after all of the messes have been cleaned up of course. 

• Like 3

I really enjoy both Jarvis and pinehurst, but think the best all around maps are, Higgins and Packinack. These maps are the perfect size that don’t sway the balance as small maps, or Jarvis and pinehurst do.

Whatever map they do next the size and cabin limit is perfect on Higgins. 

32 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

If it would be playable right now and bugs would actually be dealt with, without creating new ones, i would fully agree. Keep that in mind OP, for later. In like a year or so.

Playable or not we need new maps, playable or not Crystal lake, packanack and Higgins Haven has been overplayed, we need new maps, that would refesh the original maps.

32 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is Jason Voorhees, not Michael Myers.  We don't need haddonfield or Leary's memorial hospital.  Custom maps would be great but not a hospital or neighborhood.  Keep it country.  An abandoned camp needs to happen. Only after all of the messes have been cleaned up of course. 

An abandoned camp is still a camp, we have 5 camp maps(8 if you include small versions) already, with 2 more on the way if they make them(camp forest green and shepard residence)

A suburban neighbourhood map iscanon.

Whether it's canon or not doesn't matter since this is a game, a game that has many non Canon features

1 minute ago, Itsversayce said:

technically speaking the Shepard residence would just be the Jarvis residence just slightly altered.

No. Just because it’s two houses doesn’t mean it’s the same. The two houses are designed totally different from each other.

Do you think pinehust is just Higgins because they both have one house and one barn? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itsversayce said:

technically speaking the Shepard residence would just be the Jarvis residence just slightly altered.

How do you figure that?

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

No. Just because it’s two houses doesn’t mean it’s the same. The two houses are designed totally different from each other.

Do you think pinehust is just Higgins because they both have one house and one barn? 

russel's uncle's house from part 7 was just the jarvis house remodeled, behind the scenes photos/videos show this. 

A hospital isn't a bad idea, Jason did kill a few people there after waking up in "the Final Chapter." 

It would be neat if we also got some nurse and doctor costumes for the counselors.

• Like 1

not saying they would be exact copies, just saying the layout would be similar...but i would enjoy having another map that wasn't "camp ground" centered

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Well how do you like that... Cant believe i never noticed.

yeah i never noticed until last year during an episode of face-off where they were at the jarvis house and the host pointed out that fact, so i quickly googled it lol

10 minutes ago, Itsversayce said:

russel's uncle's house from part 7 was just the jarvis house remodeled, behind the scenes photos/videos show this. 

Yes I knew that, but that was only for a few select scenes. Very common in films to use muiltiple houses to portray one house. The 1st floor of The uncles house is completely different, and Tina’s house of course would be entirely new.

Everything they have released has had bugs, might as well add new maps to see new bugs! At this point it does not matter.

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Yes I knew that, but that was only for a few select scenes. Very common in films to use muiltiple houses to portray one house. The 1st floor of The uncles house is completely different, and Tina’s house of course would be entirely new.

i agree i would like new maps, just hope they would be able to make them not so similar in terms of layout.

The game does need new maps. The 4 dynamic settings are not enough to create variety. Ooooo there’s an extra cabin in Higgins camp, who cares? Or Oooo there’s an extra cabin in Springwater camp, who cares? I want Camp Blood map AND Forest Green showing completely different interpretations of the Crystal Lake that is so legendary.

Camp Blood map should be completely overgrown with fewer cabins that are run down, some which are inaccessible. The power should already be out and there would be fewer weapons and only one exit. This would be the western side of the existing Crystal Lake map including the bridge to what’s on the other side of that creek  

Forest Green could be half the renovated Crystal Lake camp and half a long road with the paintball area and a clearing in the woods. This would be the most wooded map and have a key building in the clearing with a priority for the phone house. This would basically be the southeastern side of the existing Camp Crystal Lake down that road. These are very obvious maps that would require 1/3 to 1/2 the work because so much is already created. Hop to it devs

• Like 1

How would a part 6, camp forest green map work? 

It's crystal lake renamed yes, but with a bunch of cabins, more cabins than any other map. 

Also since someone pointed out that the Jarvis house was used again, wouldn't the shepard map have 3 main houses then, since two other houses were used.

And more pine trees. Dont forget the winnebago either. Jason would also (if j6) start in the cemetary.