RadikalGamer

Testers that we can watch stream and actually see them experience these issues we are having?

Would help the developers and let the gamers know they are giving it that extra push to see it first hand and broadcasting it and giving their reactions to their many fans watching.  Not saying they may not have done this in the past, but considering how bad this patch is going and the re patch, I think it would be a stellar Idea, I know I would be tuned in.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't think they play test. Honestly the premature ending bug happened two games in today. 

They truly do not. All of these bugs would have been discovered with just one match of testing.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They truly do not. All of these bugs would have been discovered with just one match of testing.

I don't know about all of them but they definitely aren't testing.

I think people may be focusing on one or two issues and ignoring all the others that have been fixed. Where's the acknowledgement for that? Some things take more time than others.

Also, side note. Not sure we'll see any official GM play testers streaming anything, it's an internal process and is likely bound by NDA.

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

I think people may be focusing on one or two issues and ignoring all the others that have been fixed. Where's the acknowledgement for that? Some things take more time than others.

Also, side note. Not sure we'll see any official GM play testers streaming anything, it's an internal process and is likely bound by NDA.

Kodiak I can and have put up with a lot of stuff playing this. But the game ending prematurely caused by a patch that was supposed to fix things is unacceptable. It's actually worse then before. Don't get me wrong I like the fact that dances loop now and stuff. But how in the heck do you break the game in such a way and not notice in play testing? You either didn't play test or they rushed yet another patch out the door and didn't care. Either way that is bull. 

• Like 2

This thread's not about that, there's a feedback section dedicated to patch opinions :) I just want people to remember that even though everything isn't perfect, they're trying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

This thread's not about that, there's a feedback section dedicated to patch opinions :) I just want people to remember that even though everything isn't perfect, they're trying. 

I have pointed out to many that they are too hard on the game all the time. But when the game just decides to end on it's own and you don't catch that in playtesting your not playtesting. 

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I have pointed out to many that they are too hard on the game all the time. But when the game just decides to end on it's own and you don't catch that in playtesting your not playtesting. 

Indeed, indeed. People are quite hard on it but it's the same with pretty much everything, although I personally find gamers to be a bit harsher than others when it comes to expressing their displeasure with something. 

I'm wondering if this new bug is something that happens a lot or is infrequent. Either way, a different discussion for a different thread :)

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

That is a very good point and true even though there are new bugs/glitches in the game i'm glad as hell i can heal on the first try and not have to try 2-3 times and die trying to heal. So thankyou for fixing some off the problems in not sure about others but it's nice to be able to heal 1st time and play the counselor i picked.

All they need is a Public Test Build to allow gamers who are thoroughly familiar with the game to try it out. This isn't rocket science, and it's common practice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Seriously, I only played 3 games this patch and that premature ending glitch happened twice in a row.

The third I lost my X button. Which on PS4 means I was not allowed to interact with anything.

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't think they play test. Honestly the premature ending bug happened two games in today. 

They use virtual playtesters in simulation for the most part it seems.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:19 PM, wes said:

15K players - What I was trying to say is that within QA, we can simulate heavy traffic and traffic with high ping rates. But it's a simulation, it's not the same thing as real people playing. Humans do weird stuff. They boot the game, minimize window or go back to dashboard, load ESPN, unplug controllers, replug in different controller, all while game is either loading or already loaded. They close the game, reopen it, over and over. Then once in game, they do unpredictable behaviors. Or perhaps several in a match have high ping, and they all do unexpected things. Behaviors that we never thought to test against. You think you've seen it all, and then you hear about a bug where if you pick up a med spray, drop it, while simultaneously disarming a trap while holding walk backwards, the player is now able to fly or can now walk through doors, etc, etc. 

Wes, you need to get a few real people playing to find this stuff. If the simulation is not catching these things, take some of those humans that do weird things over at the office and have them play the game.

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Like what exactly? Minus non-gameplay impacting problems which are largely irrelevant. The game in its current state is in very bad shape overall, there is no denying that.

Played a good amount last night. Had the random match ending happen 4 times, car suicide once, saw a couple of people get stuck after fixing items.  I never complained about previous bugs because they weren't really gamebreaking, these are. 

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:
On 5/30/2018 at 7:19 AM, wes said:

Wes, you need to get a few real people playing to find this stuff. If the simulation is not catching these things, take some of those humans that do weird things over at the office and have them play the game.

I am one of those players. ?

Figuring out all the strange things that majority would not think of. And I would be more than happy to test given the opportunity, all they need to do is ask. And from the looks of it, they really do need all the help they can get.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I am one of those players. ?

Figuring out all the strange things that majority would not think of. And I would be more than happy to test given the opportunity, all they need to do is ask. And from the looks of it, they really do need all the help they can get.

Well, many of us have offered to help before. Many moons ago, when @Gertz was acting as the community rep for Illfonic because Courier hadn't been brought on board yet, we said we'd help if they needed it (at no cost to pay us). They know the offer is on the table.

Another indie game I love is Deep Rock Galactic. They run P2P connections like F13:TG and have a great QA / Development team for bugs. They just announced adding a QA server for PC players to test out the latest build of the game and provide feedback.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/announcements/

Not sure why such a tiny game and company can do this and a successful game (which has made a ton of money) cannot. Guinea pig the PC players if consoles can't do it. Have them find the issues in the latest build and fix them as you go along.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Guinea pig the PC players if consoles can't do it. Have them find the issues in the latest build and fix them as you go along.

Well yes that would make sense given that console players make up the bulk of the playerbase. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening ever.

All I want is for them to fix BASIC game-play issues. I mean. Were not getting high class bugs. Just standard, base game-play ability issues. Like simple interactions with items. Without the basics. Your GOING to go out of business.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

They use virtual playtesters in simulation for the most part it seems.

So I am correct. They do not play test. They play simulate. Everyone at GunMedia/IllFonic need to just go stand in the corner. All of you get up and go stand in the corner. And don't come out unless you have to go to the bathroom. Your not idiots you just need to learn a lesson. 

• Haha 2

Once upon a time randy used to play with the community earlier in the year/late last year.

I still remember watching the stream when he said 'Counselors have just gotten better, Jason hasn't gotten weaker' and when a Chad was literally running around Jason up close while he was trying to hit him in and out of combat stance with melee, he kept saying 'he should've grabbed him'.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kodiak said:

We have given credit where credit is due when things are working right even when they still have bugs but its playable....the game is broken very badly right now, I am surprised you seem surprised at the reaction the community is having from this mess to be quite honest.  This should have been totally expected once they saw all the huge game breaking flaws that came with this "fix."   Edit:  You may be totally correct on the streaming/testing issue.  I just said it would be nice and would help the fans and buyers of the game calm down a bit knowing the devs have testers working and discovering these issues for themselves and knowing first hand what we are dealing with and going through via a live stream or even a recorded one used to play for us later.

• Like 1