RadikalGamer

Forums blowing up with the new patch, biggest concerns and frustrations?

On 6/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, BigShaunPolk said:

Same here I am convinced Im the luckiest player on ps4 cause I do see glitches that might cost you a round but I havent personally experienced any that makes the game unplayable.I just move on to the next round and Im good to go. Sorry for everyone that cant even seem to play it. I feel like the complaining is 50/50. Fifty percent genuine problems that need to be fixed and fifty percent exaggeration. 

I've seen plenty of silly bugs, and the occasional game breaking ones like Jason not being able to interact with anything or the rubberbanding car bug. The vibrating counselors, I believe was not listed on this patch to be fixed. I didn't support this game just because I'm a casual fan of the franchise, I believed in what Gun and Illfonic's vision is. I still do. I play on PS4 mostly, Steam sometimes. Players who consantly say they encounter bug after bug after bug, I feel like I'm on the lucky cruise as well because these issues are very few and far between for me to warrant bitching over. The only glitch that made me stop playing for awhile was the rooftop glitch that players were exploiting on Packanack and Higgins Haven last summer, and thank God that was fixed. Even No Interaction Jason isn't so bad, I usually give the counselor who helps me out of it a get out of jail free pass, but the next time I see them again in the match I will kill them because I'm Jason f***ing Voorhees! :P

On 6/10/2018 at 4:02 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Same for me , except that I never encountered rubberbanding. Who knows , maybe everyone is just exaggerating? Even if unlikely.

I'm sure a ton of complaints on here are greatly exaggerated, if not outright bs, but I've seen some weird shit in game that do, indeed, make me scratch my head and wonder how that got missed by QA. But like any good backer, I will go down with the ship if it happens, or remain afloat when the bugs are brought to a minimum. Most of the new content in this game are free, minus a few cheap DLCs, so it's not like I'm bleeding money by continuing to play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JPops said:

And the difference between the public Friday the 13th account and employee private accounts are just that. You are not guaranteed access to people's personal accounts. You want to follow someone's personal account? All well and good but you are not entitled to have access to it. 

if you do the majority of the business on that account it's no longer a private account really, and that is my point, if you dont want people accessing that, then use the official channels for stuff like talking about the patch, delays etc. and not doing so is failure by the person. So if you want people to start using those, shifty needs actually use those.

My point being you can't really complain about the official vs private, if you never put the info out there on the public one, and only really respond to people on the private one. Just look at the twitter for the game, days and days between tweets or responses, of course people will go the ones that active, and they respond there, which just makes the cycle go round and round.

Not saying people should be dicks to their accounts,  but its the internet and it be expected, at least if the info and responses came from the official account, that would be lessened.

4 minutes ago, 2moar said:

if you do the majority of the business on that account it's no longer a private account really, and that is my point, if you dont want people accessing that, then use the official channels for stuff like talking about the patch, delays etc. and not doing so is failure by the person. So if you want people to start using those, shifty needs actually use those.

My point being you can't really complain about the official vs private, if you never put the info out there on the public one, and only really respond to people on the private one. Just look at the twitter for the game, days and days between tweets or responses, of course people will go the ones that active, and they respond there, which just makes the cycle go round and round.

Not saying people should be dicks to their accounts,  but its the internet and it be expected, at least if the info and responses came from the official account, that would be lessened.

The thing is that people unrealistically expect round the clock updates, and everyone is entitled to their personal accounts. Shifty's complaint about being tagged isnt the result of a case of this or that account, it's a case that people are hounding him on his personal account during personal tweets that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the game and demanding answers. That's simply not cool. If Shifty tweets about his breakfast, he shouldn't be bombarded with questions/accusations/witchcraft/conspiracy theories regarding Friday the 13th. Let the man enjoy his breakfast, damn. The people at Gun Media and Illfonic are just that: PEOPLE. They sweat, they bleed, the piss, they shit, they eat, they sleep just like anybody else and expecting them to be at everyone's beck and call with all the answers 24/7 is just ludicrous and rude.

• Like 2

you missed the point, it is about how the info gets out there, if people see others getting answers from the private accounts instead of the official one, thats where they will go.

its simple supply and demand.  people are going to be dicks no matter what, but really its going to fall where they get the bad news, or any news at all.

Not one person has expected anything 24/7. But any company/game that has this many issues at least puts out a statement even on the weekend. 

@2moar the information shared in the F13 game twitter are the official announcements that are made. If someone talks about the game they work on, on their private accounts that is fine. You think it's better info? OK, well if you want to continue seeing such discusson you should not berate the person on their private accounts because it will yield you unfavorable results and no one is entitled to private discussions that occur outside of official announcements made from the Friday the 13th the game account. Just some food for thought. 

Hounding people on their personal accounts is not cool. 

• Like 1

Just now, JPops said:

@2moar the information shared in the F13 game twitter are the official announcements that are made. If someone talks about the game they work on, on their private accounts that is fine. You think it's better info? OK, well if you want to continue seeing such discusson you should not berate the person on their private accounts because it will yield you unfavorable results and no one is entitled to discussions that occur outside of official announcements made from the Friday the 13th the game account. Just some food for thought. 

once again you missed the point, I'm not saying people should do that, at all, just read my posts again.

I'm saying its happening in part because the lines are being blurred between the official game account and the private ones, when more official info and announcements are provided on the private ones. And when you blur those lines, some of what happens good and bad falls on you.

i'll spell it out as clearly as i can. Shifty posts official stuff on his account about the game, this happens more often than the official account, people go their for info. If that info was posted on the main official account, less hounding would happen, that's my point, people will be dicks and that sucks, but sadly that's to be expected nowadays, and if you do business like this, this is going to happen and keep happening. 

26 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

The thing is that people unrealistically expect round the clock updates, 

Or, and this is just my perspective, they recognize that this is the kind of outfit that suggests they'll have something done in October, maybe, and can't answer for that same thing in MOTHER FUCKING JUNE, (and that "hey, we didn't forget, we just never mention it anymore" protocol is standard) and that any impatience they've reaped has been sown a dozen times over.

10 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Hounding people on their personal accounts is not cool. 

This feels like something Sonic the hedgehog would say at the end of episode of his cartoon. 

1 hour ago, Nickypoolicious said:

I've seen plenty of silly bugs, and the occasional game breaking ones like Jason not being able to interact with anything or the rubberbanding car bug. The vibrating counselors, I believe was not listed on this patch to be fixed. I didn't support this game just because I'm a casual fan of the franchise, I believed in what Gun and Illfonic's vision is. I still do. I play on PS4 mostly, Steam sometimes. Players who consantly say they encounter bug after bug after bug, I feel like I'm on the lucky cruise as well because these issues are very few and far between for me to warrant bitching over. The only glitch that made me stop playing for awhile was the rooftop glitch that players were exploiting on Packanack and Higgins Haven last summer, and thank God that was fixed. Even No Interaction Jason isn't so bad, I usually give the counselor who helps me out of it a get out of jail free pass, but the next time I see them again in the match I will kill them because I'm Jason f***ing Voorhees! :P 

I'm sure a ton of complaints on here are greatly exaggerated, if not outright bs, but I've seen some weird shit in game that do, indeed, make me scratch my head and wonder how that got missed by QA. But like any good backer, I will go down with the ship if it happens, or remain afloat when the bugs are brought to a minimum. Most of the new content in this game are free, minus a few cheap DLCs, so it's not like I'm bleeding money by continuing to play.  

That´s so true.

But something weird happened. You quoted me but I didn´t get a notification…...

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

once again you missed the point, I'm not saying people should do that, at all, just read my posts again.

I'm saying its happening in part because the lines are being blurred between the official game account and the private ones, when more official info and announcements are provided on the private ones. And when you blur those lines, some of what happens good and bad falls on you.

i'll spell it out as clearly as i can. Shifty posts official stuff on his account about the game, this happens more often than the official account, people go their for info. If that info was posted on the main official account, less hounding would happen, that's my point, people will be dicks and that sucks, but sadly that's to be expected nowadays, and if you do business like this, this is going to happen and keep happening. 

My point exactly. The official Twitter as well as the support Twitter are all but ghost towns with little to no attention being paid to them other than cut/paste replies. When a community manager comes on board, and does 90% of his communications through his own Twitter, that's where people are going to go since trying to get info out of Wes/Ronnie is like pulling teeth. 

You have an extremely dedicated player base with this game, one that shouldn't be as big as it is with all the issues that have plagued this game since launch. All we wanted was an avenue to let our voices and concerns be heard. And you offered that with your Twitter. But, somewhere around the 3 month mark of the major update, things went quiet again, and judging by the state of the update, I can see why. Major game breaking questions like rubber banding and window bubbles would get ignored and overlooked for rain on xbox announcements and stuff like that. You were basically ignoring any concern we had, knowing full well the update did not address it. And the only way, ONLY WAY, I could get any type of response from either you or Wes, was to blast the quality of the game (rightfully so), while trying 

I'm sorry, but if you can't handle a little bit of heat that comes with working in a kitchen, maybe you shouldn't be a chef? If you continue to release content that breaks more than it fixes, users to going to be upset. If you continue to ignore us, it's only going to get worse in the community, and you'll lose even more respect. There's probably only a handful of people here that would trust illfonic/GunMedia with their $ again, and at this point, that's a reputation that is well deserved. 

• Like 1