RadikalGamer

Forums blowing up with the new patch, biggest concerns and frustrations?

22 hours ago, SDA said:

In addition, I saw a few new "in map" med spray spawns, so they might have slightly increased landscape items again.

Yeah same I noticed there’s another med spray spawning at Higgins lodge at the top of the spiral staircase, which is unnecessary since there’s one in the bathroom. Also, I went to the restroom on Crystal Lake and there were FOUR MED SPRAYS IN THERE (2 in the drawers and the usual 2 on the shelves) C’mon at least spread the items across the map evenly. 

On a side note, the shotgun has been spawning in new areas I haven’t seen before.

17 hours ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Shifty would much rather ban people on Twitter than actually address them and their Completly valid concerns. I think it's time to call it guys, this ship is sinking so fast, it's past the point of repair. 

Is he banning people for complaining about the state of the broken game...?

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We're definitely hearing the feedback about the latest update causing some pretty big issues for players, and we already have the team working on them.

You weren't blocked from the Friday the 13th account and we are more than happy to hear your thoughts and feedback with that account, here on the forums, on Facebook, and Reddit.

Yes, he is blocking users who use Twitter to actually get some info from Gun Media and their community manager. 

You blocked me from your page, being the official community manager for said game, for asking about status updates on said game in a post about said game. 

You say we can leave feedback and get interaction here, yet you guys are dead silent whenever real issues present itself. You overlook and ignore every thing we bring to the table, and get butt hurt when we run out of patience. It's clear that the glassdoor reviews of the unprofessional work environment at Illfonic also rings true at GunMedia. I gave you guys more than enough $ on Kickstarter, I gave you more than enough time in development, and I have been beyond patient since launch. That is all but gone now, as this team can't get one single release (not monetarily driven) working correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Is he banning people for complaining about the state of the broken game...?

I can’t “ban” people from Twitter, but I can (and do) block people who either use profanity and/or insults when tagging my personal account, as well as people who jump on all of my tweets - not related to work - demanding I talk to them about the issues they want to talk about in regards to Friday the 13th. 

We have a twitter account for that. It’s @Friday13thGame, which he is in no way blocked from interacting with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So much theatrics from Illfonic and Gun over the fan reaction. These developers are the first to accuse players of being hyperbolic only to themselves have the most over-the-top reactions to the slightest bit of warranted criticism. Ok. 

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I can’t “ban” people from Twitter, but I can (and do) block people who either use profanity and/or insults when tagging my personal account, as well as people who jump on all of my tweets - not related to work - demanding I talk to them about the issues they want to talk about in regards to Friday the 13th. 

We have a twitter account for that. It’s @Friday13thGame, which he is in no way blocked from interacting with. 

@ShiftySamuraiThanks for the reply I didn't think you did that, but you saw his accusations, that's why I asked.  Good to see you coming forth and nipping it in the bud so to speak. Thanks.

Jason AND his grab are phasing far beyond structural boundaries of doors and windows smh. This is a beta-type problem like really?

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

So when can we expect an announcement addressing the blunder of the new patch and the steps you guys are taking? I don't want to be that guy but it's worth mentioning that you addressed this before addressing the state of the game being worsened by this new patch.

Every update for this game is worse than the last. How is this even possible? Aren't the point of updates to move forward? 

42 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

Most annoying are being stuck at vehicle after performing a repair and not being able to interact after placing a bear trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ38QNttBrM

Thank you for reporting this. 

6 minutes ago, Evil said:

So when can we expect an announcement addressing the blunder of the new patch and the steps you guys are taking? I don't want to be that guy but it's worth mentioning that you addressed this before addressing the state of the game being worsened by this new patch.

We’re still taking in feedback from the latest update. There were a number of new issues that appeared with the update, and the team at IllFonic have been working on them since Friday. 

With it being Sunday night, there isn’t a lot else I can say about it right now, but we’ll update players on the issues as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’re still taking in feedback from the latest update. There were a number of new issues that appeared with the update, and the team at IllFonic have been working on them since Friday. 

With it being Sunday night, there isn’t a lot else I can say about it right now, but we’ll update players on the issues as soon as possible. 

That alone is good to hear, it's something rather than not hearing anything. Thank you for the mini-update  it's very much appreciated.

6 minutes ago, zmccain said:

There's your problem.

I highly encourage you to reread the forum rules.

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I also wanted to ask because I saw someone else asking but any news on paranoia mode from before the bug outbreak?

50 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

After reading the rules I suddenly realized that all these people criticizing IllFonic must be crazy!  IllFonic are the most talented group of professionals that I've ever seen!  Their work ethic is astounding and should be a model for everyone in the business!  I can't believe I ever even questioned them let alone put BLAME on them!  What the hell is wrong with me and these other people???

I have 100% faith in IllFonic and everything they do.  The so-called "problems" with the game have nothing to do with them!  They are the best in the business!  And they are human beings.  GREAT, TALENTED, HARD WORKING human beings.

So I want to thank you Shifty for setting me straight.  👍

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

and that twitter account doesnt say crap, you announce most things on your "personal account" like the patch being delayed, so you can't be upset that people use that cause that one actually puts out info on the game. hell, as far as iv'e seen it posted on the forums or official account ever said a thing about the patch behind out late, or next week on xbox. that is a complete and utter failure on your part. Start using the official channels and i'd imagine the fans would too.

• Like 1

My concern is every "patch" comes with even more gamebreaking bugs, so its not a patch its just a "new monthly bug pack"

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2018 at 8:52 PM, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Exactly. Wont admit rubberbanding was a problem and when they finally did, still cant fix it. Took them less than 2 weeks to fix boatcar. 

Seems the rubberbanding is not only for the car now. In the 15 matches i played yesterday more than half of them i was running down the road from jason just to all of a sudden be teleported to some side of the road grabbed by jason....

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Can they please just sell it to a dev that is capable of fixing this. thx.

I was looking forward to playing a few hours tonight after a hectic weekend. Got stuck to the car after filling the gas and then the match ended with 2 people still alive. Decided to watch part 6 instead. 

"The team has taken note and are working on it". I almost dread these words at this point. It just means we're going to fix maybe half the bugs being reported and throw in a whole bunch of new ones. This trend has to stop. 

What this game needs is proper testing. The fact that it was released at least 6 months too early can´t be undone. But introducing either an experimental beta patch that everyone can test before it goes live or creating a community test squad would greatly help right now.

Tough i personally think it is too late. Also the fact that no matter how many bugs will get fixed, there is still the problem that online MP needs policing. It´s disgusting to see things considered cheating getting declared fair play.  This is something you can´t have in a matchbased PvP.

7 hours ago, 2moar said:

and that twitter account doesnt say crap, you announce most things on your "personal account" like the patch being delayed, so you can't be upset that people use that cause that one actually puts out info on the game. hell, as far as iv'e seen it posted on the forums or official account ever said a thing about the patch behind out late, or next week on xbox. that is a complete and utter failure on your part. Start using the official channels and i'd imagine the fans would too.

And the difference between the public Friday the 13th account and employee private accounts are just that. You are not guaranteed access to people's personal accounts. You want to follow someone's personal account? All well and good but you are not entitled to have access to it. 

• Like 2

I’ve been a gamer most of my life and I don’t recall playing a game with this many issues or a game becoming more broken the older it gets. Isn’t a engine upgrade supposed to be an upgrade? I guess we wanted dedicated servers so bad it became a be careful what you wish for scenario.