RadikalGamer

Forums blowing up with the new patch, biggest concerns and frustrations?

I've defended this game time and time again. I'm tired of it. They have time to actually test this, but they only prove that their methods of playtesting the game are ineffective. I don't want to stop playing, but there are so many bugs in this update that annoy me. I love the hell out of this game, but I think if we had another Kickstarter for this game, Illfonic should use the money to fix this game. I'm tired of "Suicide" after escaping. It's disappointing. 

Also, what happened to Jenny's HAIR?!?!?! IT LOOKS AWFUL!!

• Like 1

I haven't gotten to play online since the update. Offline the intro is a mess. The sounds are halting and  way off. All and all this is bad. I can't really say much good here.

The worst thing about all this is we all know how incredibly fun this game is........... when it WORKS.   If it was any other game, I'd been out long ago.  I love this game... and that's what make all this so heart breaking. :sadchappa:

• Like 2

Ok, basically the match ends now if all but one of the counselors either escape or die. So there’s an automatic final girl that lives no matter what. Ok who fucked this one up trying to leave early on Friday? PATHETIC!!! Will someone please tell Illfonic AND Gun that you’re supposed to REMOVE glitches, not add them. It’s not a collection or running tab, guys. Is someone intentionally fucking with stuff?

After this patch I have noticed a dramatic increase in bugs, enough to make my new account just to post this and report them at Jason Kills Bugs. Some are new, but old bugs seem to happen much more frequently now. I play on PS4. Here is the list of bugs I have experienced in only 2-3 hours of playing today (completely new ones will have an *):

• Matches ending early* (seems to happen after Tommy dies),
  • Suicide when escaping*,
  • Jason fell through the map one game (happened before but not for a long time),
  •  As Jason I broke through a door in rage mode and the unbroken door was there but possible to walk through* (I was spectating someone as well and I was shocked when a Jason walked through a seemingly unbroken door and killed someone),
  • I walked into a trap as Jason holding a counselor and the counselor took trap damage* (bug I think),
  • Kills as Jason stutter and glitch leaving bodies flying (seemed fixed after patch but started up again randomly),
  • When killing someone as Jason I suddenly appeared by an old body I killed really far away (happened only once pre-patch),
  • After Jason slashed me I was unable to swing my weapon out of combat stance even after he hit me again*,
  • I couldn't go through windows for some reason (happened before),
  • Throwing knives rarely hit target and sometimes just spin in midair or gets stuck on Jason's hand (seems slightly better than pre-patch but of course still occurs),
  • Two med sprays spawned on top of each other* (medic + hypochondriac gave me 6 meds right off the bat),
  • A player left while I was holding her as Jason and her body made choking sounds the entire game*,
  • I saw Jason part 3 Jason turn purple briefly when spectating someone* (changed right back, didn't seem like a hack- didn't happen again),
  • Watched a Bugzzy run on top of the map way above Jason (was spectating and it just happened randomly to him when he was running, seen it before),
  • After 2 people escaped in the car they were back in the map making noises way under the map (match still ended when everyone died/escaped),
  • Jason not being able to hit his command prompts properly (used to really only be grabbing throwing knives with X but I couldn't use R2 to break down a door today),
  • When grabbing a new weapon the old one floats in a random spot in the air (one cabin had weapons everywhere in the air from people swapping, I understand not much of a bug and it is so weapons are not in a hard to grab spot but this was crazy and distracting),
  • I duped a battery somehow from repairing a car and was still holding the battery when finished (I've seen dupes before, first time it happened to me though),
  • When Jason was grabbing someone out of the car an Adam was trying to attack him but was just glitching through him and appearing on the other side of Jason* (missing every hit and his teammate died),
  • Fire crackers still appear on the complete other side of the car if you throw them to close (happens frequently now),
  • Unable to shift an entire game as Jason (seemingly no reason, has happened before but not for a long time),
  • After hitting a counselor as Jason I was unable to run as Jason anymore until I used morph or shift* (very annoying when attacking fast counselors)
  • After taking an item out of drawers the drawer will close for no reason (used to only happen to me when finding tapes)
  • Seemingly more lighting issues and blood is much more shiny (first time I noticed it this bad- sometimes the blood on Jason is so bright it is blinding)
  • Sometimes when playing as counselor or Jason walls and doors will appear broken even though they are not, they fix right away but it can be really distracting and trippy
  • If running and trying to barricade a door or opening a drawer you might jump through a window even if not that close or looking at it (annoying if you see Jason coming and are trying to be quick, it still happens really bad)

Again this is after only 2-3 hours of playing. Only 2 matches as Jason. This is crazy I have been playing for a long time on multiple accounts and even though the game has been buggy this is the craziest it has been in awhile. What gives? I'm glad patches are more frequent but come on

measjason.jpg

• Haha 1

Right now the Xbox version seems to be the most stable version of the game only due to the fact we haven't had the patch drop on us yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, RadikalGamer said:

Right now the Xbox version seems to be the most stable version of the game only due to the fact we haven't had the patch drop on us yet...

Drop on is correct. 

25 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Drop on is correct. 

Actually, I think dump on would be more accurate. 

• Haha 2

In addition, I saw a few new "in map" med spray spawns, so they might have slightly increased landscape items again. The match ending, the suicides, and Jason raging through doors to basically get blindfolded is ridiculous.

Maybe the phasing through doors is part of their plan to make Jason scary. The first time it happens has to startle the shit out of you.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Maybe the phasing through doors is part of their plan to make Jason scary. The first time it happens has to startle the shit out of you.

9a9f3d0aa7f680825bed0be88e246711.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Not much really. They've already earned the lion's share of cash that they will from sales. The DLC's have done well enough to sustain revenue. The money isn't the problem they risk losing...it's the players.

Raging through the doors raging through the doors as Jason is terrible , you cannot see anything, it’s good for yet another easy stun  on him, like he doesn’t have enough already, Jason is back to being the bitch he was in December, they forgot and don’t care about the people who backed this game, only to cater to the 13 year old kids who will be off to the next game in a couple of months..

Shifty would much rather ban people on Twitter than actually address them and their Completly valid concerns. I think it's time to call it guys, this ship is sinking so fast, it's past the point of repair. 

• Like 1

So many lashings this weekend. The devs must love it at this point and here I thought they were the sadists. 

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

.... they forgot and don’t care about the people who backed this game,

Speaking of which, some of the backers still haven't got their soundtracks and art books. I wonder if they'll ever get what they paid for?

• Like 1

The game is holding its shoulder, jogging slowly and saying "Help me please!  Anyone!" and needs the biggest can of medspray anyone's ever seen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Never experienced any of the bugs.

Only thing, I still get the "tembling victim" thing that the patch was officially going to fix.

The "trembling victim" thing bothers the hell out of me.  We can't even have Jason kill anyone properly in this game.  It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Some times I believe im the luckiest player on the forums .I never encounter that many glitches and bugs.1-2 pop up occasionally for me(weapons not picking up and Window prompts not working) .Dealt with rubber banding once and that's it.

Same for me , except that I never encountered rubberbanding. Who knows , maybe everyone is just exaggerating? Even if unlikely.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I now dread when they release some patch or update because it always causes a bunch of new bugs and glitches. Not minor ones either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Speaking of which, some of the backers still haven't got their soundtracks and art books. I wonder if they'll ever get what they paid for?

I am still waiting on my soundtrack.   Haven't heard anything about it in months.   That is my biggest problem with Kickstarter.   It seems to promote unfulfilled promises with no repercussions at all.   My trust and faith in this company have pretty much diminished.  Every single time I have backed something it has been a mistake.   4 projects I backed and they all turned out to be total shit.  Never again will i do it no matter how interested I am.

19 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The worst thing about all this is we all know how incredibly fun this game is........... when it WORKS.   If it was any other game, I'd been out long ago.  I love this game... and that's what make all this so heart breaking. :sadchappa:

I agree and also love Lachappa tear, poor Lachappa 

I think the game is fucked up enough that I’m going to take a break from it and see if  they ever fix anything.  I’ve been happy to play in the past despite all the endless bullshit, but they keep topping themselves on how miserable of an experience they can create. 

• Like 2

We're definitely hearing the feedback about the latest update causing some pretty big issues for players, and we already have the team working on them.

16 hours ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Shifty would much rather ban people on Twitter than actually address them and their Completly valid concerns. I think it's time to call it guys, this ship is sinking so fast, it's past the point of repair. 

You weren't blocked from the Friday the 13th account and we are more than happy to hear your thoughts and feedback with that account, here on the forums, on Facebook, and Reddit.

My biggest concern is that they will go for a sequel someday instead of selling the rights.

@ShiftySamurai Please stop them from releasing the patch on Xbox. It's a mess and I don't want to have to download something that will break my game.

• Like 2