Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RadikalGamer

Question for the developers...Are you all overwhelmed right now with the state of the game?

Recommended Posts

Serious question, it's just this is pretty bad right now and I am just curious if you all are having a hard time keeping up with all the new bugs popping up from a patch to fix the previous patch when all the issues haven't been taken care of from that May 24th patch, honest very curious valid question, if you could give us a heads up on this either way it would be much appreciated.  Thanks for sticking with the fixes and not just quitting.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this Point the Game is so broken it could Shut down at any moment and never open up Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

At this Point the Game is so broken it could Shut down at any moment and never open up Again.

Dont say that... #SaveCrystalLake #JasonNeverDies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

Dont say that... #SaveCrystalLake #JasonNeverDies

Part X Disagrees #LetJasonDiePeacefully.

Or #SaveCrystalLake by giving this game to Capable Developers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kohagan said:

I found a video of the current situation at illfonic studios

 

Hell yeah on the creepshow reference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must be. The game is practically unplayable right now.

I understand some glitches but at the moment it's gotten so bad I only play at the moment to laugh at how bad it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the social media interactions on Twitter, Reddit, Twitch, and this forum I can deduce that the working environment at both Gun and Illfonic is an unstructured, unprofessional nightmare. I also don’t appreciate the hypocritical ‘roasting’ and teasing that goes on between members of the development team but the civility they demand from fans/customers.

It’s clear with it being some 2 years since backers put up money that the gratitude of our contributions has worn off. I have buddies and acquaintances at Kinnser, TrendKite, Blizzard, Shopgate, MutualMobile, and other software and IT companies so I have my own understanding of the environments that these places operate under.

I’ve visited offices and spoken with teams at all these places and more often than not there is a need for improved structure and discipline in the work environment, not to mention with the employees themselves. There are huge opportunities for improving productivity lost on bratty men who behave like little boys needing to be diapered throughout the work day.

Every single department manager and team leader I consult with for restructuring have 1-3 toxic members on their teams that bring down morale and productivity by not taking directive emails seriously, not adhering to deadlines, taking too long of breaks and lunches while arriving late AND leaving early, and yet still demanding a lax or even lazy schedule. Too often do toxic IT and software employees claim to be working 12 hour days but their actual productivity for the day amounts to a solid 2-3 hours. And this is at major companies.

With all this being said, I can only imagine the overly lax and unprofessional environment that gives us perpetual game-breaking glitches and embarrassing excuses. This from a team that boasted about how many downloads the game has while still making excuses for how small their indie team is. Ok. It’s a real shame because the fanbase alone has presented untold ideas for improvement, some of them brilliant. Le sigh as I’m dragged along next to the car

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

From the social media interactions on Twitter, Reddit, Twitch, and this forum I can deduce that the working environment at both Gun and Illfonic is an unstructured, unprofessional nightmare. I also don’t appreciate the hypocritical ‘roasting’ and teasing that goes on between members of the development team but the civility they demand from fans/customers.

It’s clear with it being some 2 years since backers put up money that the gratitude of our contributions has worn off. I have buddies and acquaintances at Kinnser, TrendKite, Blizzard, Shopgate, MutualMobile, and other software and IT companies so I have my own understanding of the environments that these places operate under.

I’ve visited offices and spoken with teams at all these places and more often than not there is a need for improved structure and discipline in the work environment, not to mention with the employees themselves. There are huge opportunities for improving productivity lost on bratty men who behave like little boys needing to be diapered throughout the work day.

Every single department manager and team leader I consult with for restructuring have 1-3 toxic members on their teams that bring down morale and productivity by not taking directive emails seriously, not adhering to deadlines, taking too long of breaks and lunches while arriving late AND leaving early, and yet still demanding a lax or even lazy schedule. Too often do toxic IT and software employees claim to be working 12 hour days but their actual productivity for the day amounts to a solid 2-3 hours. And this is at major companies.

With all this being said, I can only imagine the overly lax and unprofessional environment that gives us perpetual game-breaking glitches and embarrassing excuses. This from a team that boasted about how many downloads the game has while still making excuses for how small their indie team is. Ok. It’s a real shame because the fanbase alone has presented untold ideas for improvement, some of them brilliant. Le sigh as I’m dragged along next to the car

If this is indeed the case this worries me...makes me really wonder if they are going to recover from this just reading this post and others like it and the pre alpha state of the game right now.  We got forums and they have facebook, twitter and another website but we have a broken game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

If this is indeed the case this worries me...makes me really wonder if they are going to recover from this just reading this post and others like it and the pre alpha state of the game right now.  We got forums and they have facebook, twitter and another website but we have a broken game....

If I were with Activision, I would approach Illfonic and/or Gun and make an offer. Hand the game over to them or whoever else and spend an accelerated 10 months with a huge team overhauling the game for re-release Friday the 13th of September 2019. Soft launch would be early October with a patch and re-release that following month as mentioned. 

The re-release would include complete match customizations in multiplayer for time, item spawns, etc., multiple game modes, four more maps, and just about anything else you could conceive for a survival horror game. Players would now create and name their own unique counselor. I’d use the current Call of Duty *eye roll* structure to have players meet in a large ‘camp’ lobby to be able to run around, chat, form parties, and enjoy a F13th sandbox camp with its own interactions, secrets, and challenges. I could go on. I would have this game completely overhauled and the fans would cream themselves and hurl money at it. A man can dream

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

If I were with Activision, I would approach Illfonic and/or Gun and make an offer. Hand the game over to them or whoever else and spend an accelerated 10 months with a huge team overhauling the game for re-release Friday the 13th of September 2019. Soft launch would be early October with a patch and re-release that following month as mentioned. 

The re-release would include complete match customizations in multiplayer for time, item spawns, etc., multiple game modes, four more maps, and just about anything else you could conceive for a survival horror game. Players would now create and name their own unique counselor. I’d use the current Call of Duty *eye roll* structure to have players meet in a large ‘camp’ lobby to be able to run around, chat, form parties, and enjoy a F13th sandbox camp with its own interactions, secrets, and challenges. I could go on. I would have this game completely overhauled and the fans would cream themselves and hurl money at it. A man can dream

Thats the thing though and the main reason I think so many people are pist off....we have already hurled money at this game...a ton of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I can put up with broken stuff happening but now the game is broken. Seriously the match ending prematurely is the definition of broken. 

Yep, it looks like Host/Jason quitting and car rubber banding introduced us to their cousins:

Random premature endings and suicide from car escape. ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

If I were with Activision, I would approach Illfonic and/or Gun and make an offer. Hand the game over to them or whoever else and spend an accelerated 10 months with a huge team overhauling the game for re-release Friday the 13th of September 2019. Soft launch would be early October with a patch and re-release that following month as mentioned. 

The re-release would include complete match customizations in multiplayer for time, item spawns, etc., multiple game modes, four more maps, and just about anything else you could conceive for a survival horror game. Players would now create and name their own unique counselor. I’d use the current Call of Duty *eye roll* structure to have players meet in a large ‘camp’ lobby to be able to run around, chat, form parties, and enjoy a F13th sandbox camp with its own interactions, secrets, and challenges. I could go on. I would have this game completely overhauled and the fans would cream themselves and hurl money at it. A man can dream

This is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been very suportive and positive about this game. Always telling "things will get better". Kept my friends playing even with the previous glitches. But now... I can't find excuses anymore. I'll let them stop playing. Even i have lost my faith. So disappointed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole team at Illfonic and Gun Media probably has crippling depression. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I speak very seriously when I say to dismiss the illfonic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm serious as well.  I'm not just saying it for shock value.  Illfonic needs to be fired.  I don't know of any business that would allow such repeat incompetence.  It actually makes me question GunMedia's competency as well.

But at this point the entire thing is probably a lost cause.  Who knows.  We need some kind of statement from GunMedia on what they plan to do with this game.  Let it die?  Fix it?  Is it even worth it at this point?

I can't express how disappointing this all is.  I love the Friday the 13th movies and this game was a dream come true.  But it's just a horrible mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...