Today while playing a private match on Higgins Haven Small as Jenny against Jason part 4 the match ended early after myself, AJ and Eric escaped in the four seater. There was still an AJ running around and the match had twelve minutes left. The final screen listed us all as escaped except the last AJ who was listed "Alive." This needs a hot fix @ShiftySamurai

• Like 1

Has a cause been identified? Is it possible the roaming AJ was a glitched escaped "ghost"? (Sometimes you can get close to the exit which triggers the "Escaped" mode but not the animation, and you're left as sort of a phantom in there. You can still perform tasks and be killed by Jason (which can count toward his kill count,) but you're still "Escaped.")

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Has a cause been identified? Is it possible the roaming AJ was a glitched escaped "ghost"? (Sometimes you can get close to the exit which triggers the "Escaped" mode but not the animation, and you're left as sort of a phantom in there. You can still perform tasks and be killed by Jason (which can count toward his kill count,) but you're still "Escaped.")

Cops were not called. AJ was listed "Alive"

Happened to me, was sneaking up on the last person alive and right as I came out to grab them the game ended for seemingly no reason at all, It was really lame and irritating. Maybe not as bad as those who left in the car, got depressed and ended themselves according to the scoreboard.

Happened a LOT to us in our private lobby tonight. I laid out several things in the patch issues section of the forum including this pain in the ass side effect. Horrible. Numerous matches ended whenever it felt like with players and plenty of time remaining

but look at the bright side... they fixed emote looping! 🙄

99 bugs in the game code

99 bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

437 bugs in the game code

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

Happend to me 3 times within 5 games.

We need a hot fix for the hot fix and a hot fix for the hot fix, and another hot fix and then 2 more hotfixes 

Just now, Daneasaur said:

99 bugs in the game code

99 bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

437 bugs in the game code

I laughed way too much when I read this, lol! 🤣

• Like 1

Happened to me twice tonight as well. 

Just happened to me. I assumed Jason quit but he was still there. In fact all 8 players were, a shock I know. 

I just had this...

VS bots, PS4.

Amid my grinding, I had a match where I'd killed everyone but Deb and Choppa. I find Deb and crush her head, but then the game ended with Choppa reading as "Alive". The cops were called but had not arrived and he read as ALIVE even into the game end screen.

Here is the FULL match to showcase everything that happened.

Some say Eric is still out there... wandering aimlessly at the camp...

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Happend to me 3 times within 5 games.

We need a hot fix for the hot fix and a hot fix for the hot fix, and another hot fix and then 2 more hotfixes 

They ought to try a cold fix.

• Haha 1

There sure has been some crazy bugs popping up. I had one yesterday where I died but it said you survived instead,said the same once the match ended and it also put me as a spectator, disappearing me from the player list. 

Not to mention the blue glowing portal to another dimension that opened up inside a cabin, caught that one on video. Brilliant. 

I've not played since last night's patch, but sounds like it has issues. 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

There sure has been some crazy bugs popping up. I had one yesterday where I died but it said you survived instead,said the same once the match ended and it also put me as a spectator, disappearing me from the player list. 

Not to mention the blue glowing portal to another dimension that opened up inside a cabin, caught that one on video. Brilliant. 

I've not played since last night's patch, but sounds like it has issues. 

They likely tried to fix the car bungee thing but the "fix" they applied had something to do with character placement registry and when it was changed, it would randomly kill players who should have "escaped".

They also probably tried to fix the Tommy spawn in bug (Tommy spawns when the last person is dead and the match ends during his intro or he otherwise never shows up even after being called), but THAT broke the registry of how many characters were in the match.

Tell me: Have any of you had the match end early while Tommy was alive and on the field?

On 6/8/2018 at 11:44 PM, BLOODYFISHTACO said:

Happened to me, was sneaking up on the last person alive and right as I came out to grab them the game ended for seemingly no reason at all, It was really lame and irritating. Maybe not as bad as those who left in the car, got depressed and ended themselves according to the scoreboard.

This sounds to me like the "last person" you were sneaking up on left the game, which immediately ended it.  

All the matches that ended early on me last night were when Tommy was killed mid game. Seems like there is a kill Tommy glitch.

I'm encountering the same issue.. A frustrating issue too since only very few players in QP sessions actually catch wind of it.

Played a QP game last night. Jason killed Tommy with three other players still alive. The game instantly ended.

FUCK.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

All the matches that ended early on me last night were when Tommy was killed mid game. Seems like there is a kill Tommy glitch.

I was wondering this. It seems Tommy is the catalyst.

So if Tommy is called in, if he's NOT the last one killed, chances are the game might just end either randomly or after any other character is killed.

9 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

This sounds to me like the "last person" you were sneaking up on left the game, which immediately ended it.  

Nope It was a friend I was playing with in qp. They didn't even get DC'd.

That's not a bug, it's a "feature".  It makes the game more suspenseful.  It took a lot of hard work by skilled professionals to add this feature.  We should all thank Illfonic for adding it.