Sign in to follow this  
RadikalGamer

Xbox One Mic issues with Friday the 13th game.

I have seen this has been somewhat covered in past threads on this forum, mine is a bit different though.  I have an xbox1x and my mic works on everything, youtube, cortana even sending voice messages to other players on xbox one as well as party chat, however when I get in a lobby or in game my mic lights up on the screen and I can hear what people are saying but no one can hear me, I have contacted to xbox one support and its like banging my head against the wall with them because they just do not get it (even though I just explained what is happening the same to them as I am the forum) .  So yeah there it is I can not communicate in game unless I send a message via voice message to another player in the match and I do not want to do that considering the way the game is meant to be played.  Plus party chat and everything else works which means the mic works.  Yes I made sure the settings in game were set correctly as well in the audio section.  I am just looking for anyone that has found a solution to this or anyone that might have some solid ideas, I have tested the mic, I know it works, I am thinking it is a Fthe13th the game bug but I want to be sure.  Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

I am having the same exact issue. Ever since I updated the game file with that patch it does the same exact thing as you describe. Frustrating.

Try buying gaming PC or trading in for a PS4. :P

2 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Try buying gaming PC or trading in for a PS4. :P

Not help at all. But ok

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Not help at all. But ok

Okay, all joke aside: Have you tried creating a private chat using X BOx Live? If that doesn't work, as much as a pain in the ass as it is, try uninstalling Friday the 13th then reinstall it.

14 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Okay, all joke aside: Have you tried creating a private chat using X BOx Live? If that doesn't work, as much as a pain in the ass as it is, try uninstalling Friday the 13th then reinstall it.

All that was done and then some it makes no difference.  I work in the IT field and know what steps to go through on my end, its something with microsoft or the game one of the two but nothing can fix it on my end.  Just have to deal with it, but since the new DLC has been cancelled my play time on this game will be severely cut back.  Not just because of that but bug fixes as well till they get resolved.

@RadikalGamer I've experienced this before and seen it as well. It usually fixed itself by rejoining the lobby, but it sounds like your problem is more consistent. I know this doesn't help, just though I'd share my experience.

• Thanks 1

Even w/o a mic, I can no longer hear anyone. Used to be able to, but not anymore.

Kind of a good thing, as I no longer have to listen to the trolls or unpleasant people.

Do have the luxury of trying different headsets? (Turtle Beach vs. basic XB chat-mic vs. phone earbuds+mic). Clearly it’s not your hardware, but perhaps there’s something in the game code now that has issues with separating voice from game sounds. ie; basic chat-mic only has voice-chat coming through earphones leaving game sounds coming out of your TV speakers, where a Turtle Beach or earbuds have EVERYTHING coming through the earphones... something worth trying I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Finley002 said:

Do have the luxury of trying different headsets? (Turtle Beach vs. basic XB chat-mic vs. phone earbuds+mic). Clearly it’s not your hardware, but perhaps there’s something in the game code now that has issues with separating voice from game sounds. ie; basic chat-mic only has voice-chat coming through earphones leaving game sounds coming out of your TV speakers, where a Turtle Beach or earbuds have EVERYTHING coming through the earphones... something worth trying I suppose. 

Didn't think about that... Good suggestion. Even my cheap headset is turtle beach, and I have an adapter to adjust game/voice volume independently.

50 minutes ago, Finley002 said:

I have tried five different sets of headphones including turtlebeach.  No bono...