Sign in to follow this  
DaVanillaThrilla

Welp guys I officially give up

It saddens me to say this because I really do love this game and what it has brought to the table.   I have been an advocate for this game since I heard it's announcment.  I backed the game and i have been playing since day one.   It kills me to say that I have finally had enough.   Patience is something i have granted this game and there is no way i can spare any more.   This game is an absolute MESS right now and it somehow keeps getting worse with each patch and hotfix.   The game was in a better state during beta by far.   How does this happen?   I just cannot overlook how utterly unplayable this game is right now.   Car rubberbanding,  med spray not working,  escape suicide,  jerky and awful looking animations during a kill as Jason, and now i cant stop the car while its in reverse when I perfectly shift behind it?   What the actual f is the point in a hotfix that fixes absolutely NOTHING and breaks even more mechanics than before?!  You would have been better off making yourselves out to be liars (we are used to that)  than to have pushed out this abomination of a "hotfix" today.   I think maybe it is time to fire Illfonic and hire a REAL team of developers who have an actual passion for this game.   Clearly it is not that joke of a team.   But hey do what you want Gun,  its your baby and you need to take better care of it.   This is coming from the heart of a diehard fan.   Call it tough love or call me an asshole but please prove me wrong in thinking that this game is doomed.   Much love to everyone in this community.   Easily the best I have ever been a part of.

• Like 14

Yay! Another of these threads! And the OP joined the site just to make the boohoo thread!  Priceless! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I think some time apart may do you some good. The silver lining is that they are still trying and eventually they will get it right. I'd give it 3-6 months and check back in, a lot of the bugs known now should be fixed by then, you are not alone in your disappointment and frustration but I'm seeing them try harder and be more transparent recently than ever so one die hard to another. Don't give up completely just shelve it for a bit and check back in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

Yay! Another of these threads! And the OP joined the site just to make the boohoo thread!  Priceless! 

Hey may be new to this super cool forum but he makes all valid points

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bigblue2581 said:

I won't argue that, but fuck, we have enough moping without people joining just to add to the spam. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Evil said:

I think some time apart may do you some good. The silver lining is that they are still trying and eventually they will get it right. I'd give it 3-6 months and check back in, a lot of the bugs known now should be fixed by then, you are not alone in your disappointment and frustration but I'm seeing them try harder and be more transparent recently than ever so one die hard to another. Don't give up completely just shelve it for a bit and check baack in.

I think I do need a break,  that is very good advice.   I hate to see this game in this situation and I honestly do hope things can get ironed out and back in working order.   I dont want to be right but its looking pretty bleak at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, DaVanillaThrilla said:

It saddens me to say this because I really do love this game and what it has brought to the table.   I have been an advocate for this game since I heard it's announcment.  I backed the game and i have been playing since day one.   It kills me to say that I have finally had enough.   Patience is something i have granted this game and there is no way i can spare any more.   This game is an absolute MESS right now and it somehow keeps getting worse with each patch and hotfix.   The game was in a better state during beta by far.   How does this happen?   I just cannot overlook how utterly unplayable this game is right now.   Car rubberbanding,  med spray not working,  escape suicide,  jerky and awful looking animations during a kill as Jason, and now i cant stop the car while its in reverse when I perfectly shift behind it?   What the actual f is the point in a hotfix that fixes absolutely NOTHING and breaks even more mechanics than before?!  You would have been better off making yourselves out to be liars (we are used to that)  than to have pushed out this abomination of a "hotfix" today.   I think maybe it is time to fire Illfonic and hire a REAL team of developers who have an actual passion for this game.   Clearly it is not that joke of a team.   But hey do what you want Gun,  its your baby and you need to take better care of it.   This is coming from the heart of a diehard fan.   Call it tough love or call me an asshole but please prove me wrong in thinking that this game is doomed.   Much love to everyone in this community.   Easily the best I have ever been a part of.

Unless they just give up and stop doing things to fix issues and adding new content---this game will never die on the franchise right alone--and yes they have gotten a lot of f'ed up things that are wrong with the game but we are forgetting about all the things they got supremely RIGHT about the game.  I am a die hard enough of a fan and the game that I am willing to stick it out with them as long as they stick with it and keep trying.  With all the problems if I get tired of the bugs etc I just play something else and come back when things have been tweaked and yes I know not all of the bugs etc have ever been entirely out of the game, but it has been very playable at certain times.  I am glad this project got off the ground to start with.  I will give up on the game when the developers give up on the game, when and if that happens, its not like its the only game on the planet, when they have their issues I can just click over and play something else and come back when issues are tightened up.  I am not making excuses for them, but they are working to get things resolved still, you have to give credit where credit is due, if they had given up, we wouldn't see them doing anything at all---they would just stop.

I feel your pain brother. The updates have a pattern by fixing stuff, and creating new bugs. I think I should just wait for 1-2 years, and see if the game IS flawless without bugs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Illfonic should step down. Each fix makes the game more broken. It's ridiculous 

Yeah. I'm sure these guys are nice and they mean well. But they've really hurt the success of this game long term.

This game is in bad shape.

5 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Yep. Literally everything he said has merit.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. I'm sure these guys are nice and they mean well. But they've really hurt the success of this game long term.

I do agree it's in bad shape, very bad shape at the moment.

I too have been a supporter of this from day one. Backed it on Kickstarter. Bought SIX extra copies for friends and family. Bought a SECOND PS4 for heavens sake so my wife could play as well. Have played it from release until now. And for the most part have been supportive. Sure I’ve take swipes at the silence we got from them, and made note of a few of the bad bugs and glitches. But through it all have played a ton, made over 100 new friends and aquantances through this and stayed the course. But this new patch... it’s... i can’t even describe it. I can’t believe for a single moment that a series of testers could have played this on PS4 and not suicided by leaving in the car, or had matches end out of nowhere, or been frozen from able to interact with a single object. It’s not rare occurrences. We probably played about 16-17 matches tonight... and this stuff happened in over half of them. This stuff is not the stuff you can just sit back and laugh about later... it’s literally game breaking. Counselors objective... escape... we fix the car and just made it out. We’re safe. Hahahahaha. Psyche!!! You’re dead. You committed suicide. You see, you exited the area that had a cliff just out of screenshot that you couldn’t see. Jason’s objectives... kill everyone. Ok, I’ve got traps set, doors broken, just killed my third and spot my fourth... prepare to die you sniveling.... wait what.... game over. They live... hahahahaha in your face Jason! And lastly, start the match. Ok, let me arm myself, close this door and see what i can find. Psyche! Nothing, because i can’t interact with a damn thing!! 

It really pains me. Bugs or not, i was able to play. I dropped a lot of money into this for myself and many others to play Jason. To run from Jason. To live and breathe in his world and have a wild ride! But now, it’s almost unplayable. Something needs to be done now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

I have a hell of a lot of fun with our crew but the matches randomly ending and suicide by escape may cause me to take another extended break from the game.

Interaction locks, whatever...rubber band, screw it I can deal...but these new issues I'm not so sure I can deal with and have any desire to continue playing this game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

I too have been a supporter of this from day one. Backed it on Kickstarter. Bought SIX extra copies for friends and family. Bought a SECOND PS4 for heavens sake so my wife could play as well. Have played it from release until now. And for the most part have been supportive. Sure I’ve take swipes at the silence we got from them, and made note of a few of the bad bugs and glitches. But through it all have played a ton, made over 100 new friends and aquantances through this and stayed the course. But this new patch... it’s... i can’t even describe it. I can’t believe for a single moment that a series of testers could have played this on PS4 and not suicided by leaving in the car, or had matches end out of nowhere, or been frozen from able to interact with a single object. It’s not rare occurrences. We probably played about 16-17 matches tonight... and this stuff happened in over half of them. This stuff is not the stuff you can just sit back and laugh about later... it’s literally game breaking. Counselors objective... escape... we fix the car and just made it out. We’re safe. Hahahahaha. Psyche!!! You’re dead. You committed suicide. You see, you exited the area that had a cliff just out of screenshot that you couldn’t see. Jason’s objectives... kill everyone. Ok, I’ve got traps set, doors broken, just killed my third and spot my fourth... prepare to die you sniveling.... wait what.... game over. They live... hahahahaha in your face Jason! And lastly, start the match. Ok, let me arm myself, close this door and see what i can find. Psyche! Nothing, because i can’t interact with a damn thing!! 

It really pains me. Bugs or not, i was able to play. I dropped a lot of money into this for myself and many others to play Jason. To run from Jason. To live and breathe in his world and have a wild ride! But now, it’s almost unplayable. Something needs to be done now. 

You sound like you are very passionate like I am about this game and I am relieved to see that I am not alone in my feelings here.   I have wanted nothing but great things to come from this game and for the most part that has been a success.   It is a very unique game that has an experience like no other.  It also has a very fun and pleasant community of players and I have met many,  many cool people.   But,  like you said,  this current state of the game is nothing short of alarming and disturbing.   We can't keep doing this whole 3-4 month wait just for the game to take steps BACKWARDS.   

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Supportive from the beginning, backed on KS. Through all the previous bugs and bullshit, I kept saying, "They'll get it right. Give them time." But now, I can only agree with what's been said here. I literally cannot play the game the way it is right now, and that really sucks, because I have a group of friends that I look forward to playing with every night. We all just agreed that we can't play like this. They didn't even fix some of the things that they specifically said would be fixed with this patch (ie: shakey kills). I'm not saying I'm done forever; I'm too big a fan for that, but I am saying I'm done until the game plays at least as well as it did BEFORE the update.

Yes, they definitly should step back. There was not a single update that didn´t bring us new bugs. And now a hotfix (!) messes things up even more. New height of beeing incompetent.

Just give up Illfonic and sell the rights to someone else so we can at least hope for a new game somewhere in future. And pretty please with a cherry on top do not think about trying your luck with a sequel EVER.

Calm down haha.

49 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yes, they definitly should step back. There was not a single update that didn´t bring us new bugs. And now a hotfix (!) messes things up even more. New height of beeing incompetent.

Just give up Illfonic and sell the rights to someone else so we can at least hope for a new game somewhere in future. And pretty please with a cherry on top do not think about trying your luck with a sequel EVER.

I'm getting a lot of confused emotes in this thread so I'll break it down Barney style for the slowest thinkers among us. 

We don't need the forum clogged with a metric shit ton of complaint threads. There are already threads galore on how Gun fucked up, or how glitch X is causing the OP to uninstall the game forever! Maybe find a thread that already exists and contribute to it, rather than acting like a diva and making yet another.

It's not rocket science. 

With that, lets see how many of you I confused with this comment. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I haven't played the game since around three days after the big update. I've been playing nothing but DbD, and with it getting a very appealing looking major update in just a few days, one that is sure to be mostly bug free because they let the whole community test it, I can't see myself returning to F13 anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

Calm down haha.

I have never seen a game fail this hard. I am gaming for quite a while now. Do you know what a hotfix should do? The exacte opposite of what it has done here. You are propably not around for very long in this game right?

4 hours ago, Horrorking138 said:

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Supportive from the beginning, backed on KS. Through all the previous bugs and bullshit, I kept saying, "They'll get it right. Give them time." But now, I can only agree with what's been said here. I literally cannot play the game the way it is right now, and that really sucks, because I have a group of friends that I look forward to playing with every night. We all just agreed that we can't play like this. They didn't even fix some of the things that they specifically said would be fixed with this patch (ie: shakey kills). I'm not saying I'm done forever; I'm too big a fan for that, but I am saying I'm done until the game plays at least as well as it did BEFORE the update.

I think at this point a rollback of the last hotfix is an absolute MUST.   That MIGHT give me enough incentive to go back to the game right here and now.   I still have faith that eventually it will be fixed but to be honest I am getting a little impatient with all this so a little time off is something I probably need anyway.   I am sure after the "hotbreak" the player count is going to drop dramatically so lets see how quick they act upon this. 

8 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I have never seen a game fail this hard. I am gaming for quite a while now. Do you know what a hotfix should do? The exacte opposite of what it has done here. You are propably not around for very long in this game right?

I've only been around since the launch of the game and beta...so not long. I remember when you couldn't even open drawers haha.

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Is this one of those "Ima cry" posts?

You mean is he mad bro?